D3soccer.com > Women's soccer

Coaching changes for 2020

(1/4) > >>

PlaySimple:
Other than Williams coach Michelyne Pinard, who is leaving Williams to become the AD at a boarding school in California, what changes are taking place after this season? I would like comments based on facts and not suppositions. I can think of multiple coaches that probably should not be coaching but that is not the purpose of this thread.

Pinard had a great 18 year tenure at Williams and compiled an amazing 268-51-38 record in that time. This year's Ephs greatly exceeded expectations and narrowly missed making the final 4 before bowing out to Messiah in a 3-2 shootout after playing to a 2-2 draw. 

Caz Bombers:
Muskingum, George Fox, Merchant Marine (new program), Elmira, Ohio Wesleyan, Saint Mary's (Minn.) are the other WSOC head coach vacancies on the NCAA Job Market website.

PlaySimple:
Leo Weil, the only women's soccer coach at Johns Hopkins since the inception of the program, is stepping down. It seems by the announcement on the Johns Hopkins website, that Weil is not leaving on his own accord.

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/12/9/johns-hopkins-announces-womens-soccer-coaching-change.aspx

cciw83:
The Sewanee position just opened up.  College is in the mountains by itself. It has a loyal alumni base, but it's a different atmosphere because of its isolation.

Ron Boerger:

--- Quote from: PlaySimple on December 10, 2019, 12:32:19 am ---Leo Weil, the only women's soccer coach at Johns Hopkins since the inception of the program, is stepping down. It seems by the announcement on the Johns Hopkins website, that Weil is not leaving on his own accord.

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/12/9/johns-hopkins-announces-womens-soccer-coaching-change.aspx

--- End quote ---

Yeah, there's all kinds of readings between the lines you can do in that announcement, and none of it good.  Weil was just named to their HoF last year.

--- Quote ---"While we have enjoyed a high level of competitive success, I determined after a careful review that a change in leadership was in the best interest of our program.  We are fully committed to providing the best experience to our student-athletes on and off the field and that will be our focus [...]"
--- End quote ---

Ouch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version