FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markerickson

60 Million adults in America have not been vaxxed.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

robertgoulet

After running the numbers through my super computer, I am prepared to post my stone cold locks of the week:

NCC - 48
Mt Union - 35

WW - 31
MHB - 21
You win! You always do!

WUPHF

Quote from: markerickson on December 08, 2021, 03:31:39 PM
60 Million adults in America have not been vaxxed.

You never know what kind stats you will find on the d3boards.com.

USee

I was wondering how many of those are D3 football fans.

Stagg Again!!

Quote from: robertgoulet on December 08, 2021, 05:50:10 PM
After running the numbers through my super computer, I am prepared to post my stone cold locks of the week:

NCC - 48
Mt Union - 35

WW - 31
MHB - 21
Would love to see your projected NCC score, but expect a bit closer outcome.  I also think that the weather may have an impact on play calling, TOP, TOs, and the final score.

USee

In case any are concerned with 20-30mph winds, the Central/Wheaton game was played in a 30mph crosswind and both QB's threw for over 300 yds. I still don't know how, but they did.

robertgoulet

Quote from: Stagg Again!! on December 08, 2021, 07:01:46 PM
Quote from: robertgoulet on December 08, 2021, 05:50:10 PM

NCC - 48
Mt Union - 35

WW - 31
MHB - 21

Would love to see your projected NCC score, but expect a bit closer outcome.  I also think that the weather may have an impact on play calling, TOP, TOs, and the final score.

The Oracle (me) has spoken. I have never gotten a prediction wrong.
You win! You always do!

New Tradition

I am a NATIONAL Champion, and I refuse to lose!

2015 CCIW Pickem Champ
2015 WIAC Playoff Pickem Champ

USee

From the Playoff summaries at the start of the tournament here is a description of this weeks opponents:

Mt Union:

You'll know they're playing well if:  The offensive line is containing the opposing pass rush. When given ample time, the Mount Union offense has been nearly impossible to stop, led by quarterback Braxton Plunk. Against John Carroll, the OAC's second-best program this season, Plunk threw for 392 yards and four scores, en route to a 28-14 victory.

You'll know they're playing poorly if: We'll let you know. It is hard to find any flaws in any facet of Mount Union's attack. After all, they lead the OAC in just about every offensive and defensive category and dominated the competition throughout the 10-game season. If there is one area that may be less than near-perfect, it is the kicking game. Sophomore kicker Nick Deack is just 3-of-6 on field goal attempts this season, with a long of 35 yards.

This season's turning point: Ohio Northern nearly shocked the Purple Raiders on Oct. 30, as Mount Union earned a narrow 42-35 win at home. The 26 first downs allowed and 486 yards of total offense for ONU ignited the Mount Union defense moving forward, as it allowed just seven points in each of its next two games. The Purple Raiders outscored its opponents 110-14 in those regular season-ending wins over Muskingum and Marietta.

How far can they go?   All the way to a road home semifinal in which Mount Union probably wouldn't be favored, but maybe could be.

North Central:

You'll know they're playing well if: Ethan Greenfield is averaging 7-plus yards a carry and freshman Luke Lehnan is hitting multiple receivers for big plays, the Cardinals should be up big. North Central is the No. 2 offense in the land.

You'll know they're playing poorly if: Their secondary, the strength of the defense, is giving up big pass plays and their offense is going three-and-out, that's trouble. No one knows what that looks like with this team however.

This season's turning point: In the Battle of the Little Brass Bell at Wheaton, the Thunder methodically took it down the field on the opening drive to go up 7-0. North Central's defense, one of the best in the country, took over from there shutting out their rival while Lehnen did just enough to propel North Central to a win and a No. 1 ranking.

How far can they go?   Repeating is definitely on the table

Schipper Strong

Good luck North Central! Would love to see you in the final.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says:

Let's ****ing go North Central
A long time fan of DIII Football!

bluestreak66

I had a dream last night about both games (maybe that means I'm too into D3 football lol!)
Nothing specific outside the final scores. I was at a bar in my dream watching ESPN, and they were scrolling at the bottom. I never doubt my dreams! the final scores will be:

NCC 52
UMU 37

MHB 26
UWW 20

Take it to the bank lol!
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

HAMBO

I like your predictions and hope you are correct. I have the following questions for you:
1.  When was the last time Mt U had 52 points scored against them?
2.  Do you think that the winner of this game will be the eventual champ?
3.  What are your thoughts about Millikin naming Carlton Hall their next head football coach? (we need a little diversification on this board ... lol)

79jaybird

In reading Hall's initial message, I like what he said.  Big question is can/will he make that happen? 
I have heard the same vibes from multiple Elmhurst coaches.  It is much easier said than done. 
With NC's uprising the last 20 years, recruiting locally in IL is much more of a challenge these days.

Still IMO a good hire for Millikin.

Good luck to NC this weekend.   Play well.
VOICE OF THE BLUEJAYS '01-'10
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS 1978 1980 2012
CCIW BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS 2001
2022 BASKETBALL NATIONAL RUNNER UP
2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION

robertgoulet

Quote from: HAMBO on December 10, 2021, 01:40:07 PM
I like your predictions and hope you are correct. I have the following questions for you:
1.  When was the last time Mt U had 52 points scored against them?
2.  Do you think that the winner of this game will be the eventual champ?
3.  What are your thoughts about Millikin naming Carlton Hall their next head football coach? (we need a little diversification on this board ... lol)

1) the last time they played NCC
2) I think NCC would be favored (barely) over Mt U and UHMB. Mt U probably a dog to both.
3) Don't know a lot about him but I like his coaching history. Hopefully he can inject some excitement into he program.
You win! You always do!