MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Yeah, I did remember some kind of % threshold where all games would count as in-region, but I couldn't find anything on it, so I questioned myself. Is there actual wording some place in the handbook?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on September 11, 2022, 12:54:08 PM
Yeah, I did remember some kind of % threshold where all games would count as in-region, but I couldn't find anything on it, so I questioned myself. Is there actual wording some place in the handbook?

70% of your games must be in region, unless you get a waiver. I believe it's in the selection criteria, because that's the only place it really applies.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

ronk

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on September 11, 2022, 04:35:46 PM

70% of your games must be in region, unless you get a waiver. I believe it's in the selection criteria, because that's the only place it really applies.

Sounds like circular reasoning; suppose it were Santa Cruz that Scranton were playing; Santa Cruz doesn't play 70% of its schedule against in region opponents; Scranton does; would it be a regional game for either or both?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on September 11, 2022, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on September 11, 2022, 04:35:46 PM

Sounds like circular reasoning; suppose it were Santa Cruz that Scranton were playing; Santa Cruz doesn't play 70% of its schedule against in region opponents; Scranton does; would it be a regional game for either or both?

It's not regional for either, but it counts as regional for any team that plays 70% of their games in region.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Great Day to be a Royal

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 11, 2022, 07:32:08 AM
Quote from: Tim the Enchanter on September 10, 2022, 05:25:14 PM
Quote from: Great Day to be a Royal on September 09, 2022, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 08, 2022, 02:09:24 PM
Yes, not only was Stevens one of the original "Interstate 8" -- it was Stevens' president that talked about it before it was ready to be announced.

I'd love to hear more about this "Interstate 8"... Never heard that expression

Thanks for the information and lesson! Appreciated!
"Interstate 8" was the original, unofficial name of the Landmark Conference.  Stevens was supposed to be in it initially then pulled out, which opened the door for Scranton to join.

Yes, news broke of this grouping before the conference had a name, and since there was no name, we referred to it as the Interstate 8.

https://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2005/12/eight-to-form-new-league
https://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2006/03/stevens-ducks-out-of-i-8-for-e-8

ronk

Tim the Enchanter

It also looks like Mario Rotell has finished his cup of coffee with the Royals as he is no longer on the roster.  So assuming none of the seniors return and the only attrition was Ems and Rotell, the roster will be at 15 -- 8 returners and 7 newcomers.  It will be interesting to see how the team gels and how the rotation will develop.

ronk

I asked Ryan in Feb @ the Etown game if Jackson was coming back and he said then everyone was coming back. We'll see; we know now that Ryan wasn't coming back.

Tim the Enchanter

Quote from: ronk on September 19, 2022, 03:46:19 PM
I asked Ryan in Feb @ the Etown game if Jackson was coming back and he said then everyone was coming back. We'll see; we know now that Ryan wasn't coming back.

We also know now that that Ryan Van Zelst wasn't coming back, either!  ;D

NEPAFAN

Did Teddy Spratt ever suit up more Millersville?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: NEPAFAN on September 19, 2022, 08:41:25 PM

No he did not. Would have never seen the floor given what Casey Stitzel has done with that program.

Was a nice player at C.B. West....................but is not near the player of the former Royals players from beautiful, bucolic, Doylestown's, C.B. West.....................a former national high school football power before the scummy private schools started open enrollment, crazy and blatant recruiting and free tuition for those who can really ball out (sore spot with me here in PA............should have state playoffs similar to NJ where public schools and private schools have separate state playoffs)!!

ronk

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 25, 2022, 07:01:57 PM

No he did not. Would have never seen the floor given what Casey Stitzel has done with that program.

Was a nice player at C.B. West....................but is not near the player of the former Royals players from beautiful, bucolic, Doylestown's, C.B. West.....................a former national high school football power before the scummy private schools started open enrollment, crazy and blatant recruiting and free tuition for those who can really ball out (sore spot with me here in PA............should have state playoffs similar to NJ where public schools and private schools have separate state playoffs)!!

When I was in school, PA did have separate playoffs for public and parochial schools; you have to visit the reason for the change to the current setup; there has been an explosion in the number of private schools since then.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on September 25, 2022, 07:01:57 PM

Thanks, apparently I need an editor for my posts.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ziggy

The-person-known-on-these-boards as KnightSlappy and I launched a D3 basketball youtube show last month (link in the sig) and one of the topics we discussed for this time leading up to the new season is a D3 basketball bucket list. We have been trying to solicit feedback for that via the YT channel and twitter but wanted to put out the call here as well as we know not everyone is connected on those platforms.

We got started with a few items of our own and some feedback from others already but are looking for as much input to consider as possible. If you have a game, venue, event, etc. you think is essential bucket list material for any D3 basketball fan please send me a private message this week and we will be sure to add it to the list. Thanks!

ronk

Catholic gets a commit from Pg Googie Seidman, evidently followed by Ryan