MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terror 30

Hello all,

Have been following this blog and the Centennial Conference for a long time and decided to get involved...

1/13 F & M at McDaniel:
First of all it was an overall sloppy game... both teams combined for 40 TO's. McDaniel was on top right from the tip. F & M shot 8 of 24 for the first half against a defense that allowed them to get VERY FEW clean shots at the basket. F & M got no open shots in the first half, seemed like every attempt was a struggle. F & M was not the team they were drawn up to be at all! Glenn Robinson was obviously frustrated with his team and the referees. McDaniel's offense was very patient, as they have been all year. They would get the shot clock under 15 almost every possession and got a lot of second chance points. And as people have said before they had no answer for McKay. He would get the ball in the post, back down his man, and shoot right overtop of the defense. There is no doubt that McDaniel had the experience and the defense in this game holding a team that was averaging 82 to 57 points. and there is no doubt that F & M has some room to improve and will be GOOD the next couple of years. 

old ends

Results for 1/13

UniqueNewYork     5  -  0
D.B.Cooper          5  -  0
Gabriel                5  -  0
r.w.mcnickels       5  -  0
old ends              5  -  0
Reserved Seat      4  -  1
Brce4                  4  -  1
Diplomanic1          4  -  1

Overall
Old ends              21  -  4  (.840)
Diplomanic1          18  -  7  (.720)
UniqueNewYork     17  -  8  (.680)
D.B.Cooper           17  -  8  (.680)
Gabriel                 13  -  7  (.650)
Reserved Seat      16  -  9  (.640)
r.w.mcnickels        16  -  9  (.640)
Brce4                   14  - 11 (.560)
Dipsetdynasty        8   -  2
ne-ball                    7  -   3

enjoy

old ends

Dave-- I am 69 1/2 years old Live in the Valleys and Hills of western Maryland.  Can not get cable or satellite, still have a modem because even my cell phone will not work,unless I drive to the top of the local rise. Getting to the games in this weather is out of the question, so therefore I resort to live stats which run about 5 to 10 min behind the game. I forward the stats for all to read...local articles when I find them. This group of people in this board are respectible of others on this board.. Some of them have given insite to how they feel about their teams, ranked how they think they will finish.

Overall I enjoy this board. I use to live in New England and the board sometimes do not post on div3 topics, at least here we do even though it may not inlighten those who need more knowledge to obtain insite to the Conference.

Also doing the pick is somthing I enjoy, keeps me out of my bride's, of 49 years, hair.

old ends

picks for 1/15

F & M--- 12.8 scoring margin
Muhlenberg--.374 defensive field goal percentage
Gettysburg---15.82 assists ave per game
Ursinus----.745 free throw percentage
McDaniel---59.9 ave/game scoring defense

the pick's and insite all at the same time

old ends

The stats are in upto and including games on the 13th

SCORING OFFENSE
## Team                      G   W-L   Pts Avg/G
--------------------------------------------
1.Franklin & Marshall. 12  11-1   962  80.2
2.Washington..........   12   4-8   900  75.0

SCORING DEFENSE
## Team                  G   Pts Avg/G
--------------------------------------
1.McDaniel............  12   719  59.9
2.Gettysburg.......... 11   668  60.7

BLOCKED SHOTS
## Team                  G  Blocks  Avg/G
-----------------------------------------
1.Muhlenberg.......... 11      55   5.00
2.Dickinson...........    10      43   4.30

ASSISTS
## Team                  G  Assists  Avg/G
------------------------------------------
1.Franklin & Marshall. 12      199  16.58
2.Gettysburg.......... 11      174  15.82

TURNOVER MARGIN
## Team                    G  TEAM   Avg  OPP   Avg Margin
--------------------------------------------------------
1.Washington.......... 12   160  13.3  230  19.2  +5.83
2.McDaniel............    12   165  13.8  212  17.7  +3.92

The rest here:http://www.centennial.org/basketball/men/2009stats/confldrs.htm

enjoy

Reserved Seat

Old Ends,
Thanks for your efforts.  This board has become more active and interesting since you started the pick-ems.
I'm set to go to Haverford to see F&M tomorrow.
The players seem to be very resilient and should be able to come back after yesterday's loss.

old ends

Dress for it.. very cold although I guess it may be 1 or 2 degree's warmer towards Phila area. The route 30 trip.. Have fun and thanks

tucker1129

I agree with you Terror, the game was pretty sloppy, but we have to give it to McDaniel for coming ready to play. McNally looked scared playing against the Terror's 6'8'' center.  McKay's presence in the post will definately hurt other teams if McDaniel utilizes their inside game, thus opening up the outside for the guards. The Terror outplayed the Dips defensively hands down. The green terror has progressed throughout the season thus far and I am definately looking forward to see how they match up against the rest of the "top" teams in the conference. I put my money on McDaniel for the conference. Its their time.

ronk

Old ends,
   Feel free to use/adapt the RS for Centennial use. Sorry the weather/location inhibits your attendance at the games; check out MuleTV- I think Johns Hopkins is on tomorrow.

r.w. mcnickels

1/15 picks:

Haverford
Johns Hopkins
Gettysburg
Ursinus
McDaniel

McDaniel should continue to roll with a win over WC, but the Sho'men might hang tough like they did in Allentown.

It will be interesting to see how F&M responds to its first loss.  The Fords always seem to play bigger (and better) than they look on paper.  They have home wins against Catholic and McDaniel, and dominated the Dips in last year's second meeting.  The Dips need to get off to a quick start offensively to win this game, and I don't think they will.

Good to see some posters from McDaniel...

Gabriel

Quote from: old ends on January 14, 2009, 08:00:55 PM
The stats are in upto and including games on the 13th

Old Ends,

I enjoy your input.  Keep it coming.  I look at the "Centennial Conference only" stats as being much more meaningful.  Several of the schools play "cupcake" preseason schedules to pad their W-L record while others play tough preseason schedules  to grow their teams.  Neither is right or wrong, just a difference in philosophy. Hence, the argument for the Centennial Conference only stats.

Gabriel

Picks for Saturday 1/17/2009.  It's early but I am going with the home teams down the line

Muhlenberg     an upset in the dim gym
Gettysburg      Cousart is playing better but without Hilton to get
                        into Capkin's head and the lack of low post
                        presence makes a road win too difficult
McDaniel          Haverford is playing well, but a road win at McDaniel
                        will not happen
JHU                  No contest
Washington     Home court and the Shoremen are getting better

diplomaniac1

Folks -

Due to work obligations, I will not be traveling to the Main Line to see F&M at Haverford. However, weather-permitting, I intend to make the trek to Allentown to see the Dips play in the dark "Mule Barn".

Here are my selections for the 1/15 Pick-Ems as follows:

F&M @ Haverford:   F&M. (Dips will rebound from tough loss ahead of tough game against the Mules in Allentown).

Johns Hopkins @ Muhlenberg:   Johns Hopkins. (OK, I will be the one to go out on the limb on this one. A Mules loss tonight will spell even more trouble for the Dips on Saturday).

Swarthmore @ Gettysburg:  Gettysburg. (Nothing more need be said).

Ursinus @ Dickinson:   Dickinson.   (I am picking against the tide again here. I will take the Devils in a close one due to their home court and height advantages. I think a win here may be the Devils' last chance to get back into the mix for the conference tournament).

Washington @ McDaniel:   McDaniel.  (Should be close. I just think the Terror is the better team unless they have a letdown after their win against the Dips).

Well, there they are! Good luck to all. Travel safely! Regards.

Eric

D.B. Cooper

Interesting results. Dickinson keeps hopes alive while the Ursinus continues to struggle. F&M wins another road test against troublesome Fords (who upended Terrors at home). Balanced scoring & minimal turnovers were good signs. Frosh Milligan played entire 40 minutes. Brooks & Selig seems to be recovering from their physical problems. Overall Dips are a year ahead of schedule. I would have taken a split on this 4 game punishing road trip at the start of the season, this is now guaranteed. If Dips can go into Memorial cave (Hall) & use Night-vision gear could they actually upset Mules in Allentown? So many Dip teams have run aground there to blemish a season. I think this was the site of the 1996 FF squads only regular season loss.
Most exciting of all is I may be able to get there this Saturday and see for myself if Dips are coming of age enough to win in the OK Corral.