MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old ends

Hopkins and Washington has gone into overtime.. Hopkins throwing up alot of bricks. 38% from the floor, 1-8 3 point shots, and 69% of thier free throws.. Washington only doing a little better at the 3 point shots.

old ends

Washington lost to  John Hopkins in o/t  68-69..another one we all picked

Thanks to sonny pointing out the game tracker went south at the end.

sunny

Quote from: old ends on February 23, 2008, 05:23:58 PM
Washington defeats John Hopkins in o/t  68-67..all of us missed that one.

No. Hopkins won, 69-68.  Gametracker messed up and then was corrected.

pantherdunker

The F and M season has come to an end. I have watched all season long, emphasis on long. I really feel for the kids on that team. My question is, when kids enter the year/program are they better athletes by the end of the season?? I'm not sure if this is truly the case. Are kids being developed throughout the season individually, are they sure of their respective roles, and does this then translate into better team play and chemistry. I think F and M needs to take a long look at their program. This team had more talent and potential in November, whether they were young or not doesn't really matter.

old ends

thanks sonny and I will change my message.

old ends

Final Regular season pcik-em's results

Suetonius              5 - 0   
Old Ends                5 - 0
Reserved Seat        4 - 1
Diplomanic1            4 - 1
Leo                       3 - 2
r.w.mcnickels         3 - 2

Overall

Reserved Seat      54 - 16 (.771)
Leo                      52 - 18 (.743)
r.w.mcnickels         50 - 20 (.714)
diplomanic1           39 - 16 (.709)
old ends               49 - 21 (.700)
suetonius             47 - 23 (.671)

1. Reserved Seat gets the overall--great job  8)
2. suetonius and myself get the final perfect picks of the regular season.. ::)

will do this again next year with a little twist. I am going to have a first half and second half as well as an overall.
no point spread stuff, just straight up basketball.. Hope to have a lot more people joining in with us.
Watch for preseason warmup picks just to get thing going..

I have had a blast doing this and will keep posting during the off season.. Watch for the playoff pick-em's.
Thanks to everyone!!! ;)

Reserved Seat

Old Ends, thanks for your work in keeping track of our 'educated' picks.  My crystal ball worked well, except for the blinders on my F&M picks.  Eight of my sixteen wrong picks were on F&M.
However, no one can question my loyalty.
Looking forward to next year.
I hope Ursinus can make a good showing for the Centennial Conference in the NCAAs.  I hope their close games at the end are not an omen for a quick exit.

old ends

Only 1 pick-em for 2/27/08--

This is the second season of pick-em's. If you want I will run it for us till the Final NCAA game for DIV III.
I will know from the responses.

Dickinson  @  McDaniel

My Pick would be McDaniel

crambam

So what exactly happened to F&M?  I can really only follow the records, but they looked like they were doing well at the midpoint of the season, and things just fell apart.  Why?

The positive is that they were 4 games better than last season, but the negative is that in the end, they were under .500 and got spanked in the CC.  I know the team is young, but what does the future hold?  At the beginning of the season, the talk on these boards was that the young team was built around some incredible recruits.  Is that still the belief?  Did these players disappoint, or do they just need another year to develop? 

I expect a lot more from F&M. 

Leo

2/27 Pick'em

I am going for a mild upset and pick Dickinson. I am sure that they are feeling pretty good at the moment with some momentum after spanking F&M.

bearsfan1

Does anyone know when the all conference team will be posted?

r.w. mcnickels

I think it's usually posted the day of the play-in game, which would be tomorrow.

Any picks?

Here's my first team:

F  Ian McCormick, Swarthmore
F  Tom Leszczynski, Dickinson
G  Dan Capkin, Gettysburg
G  John Noonan, Ursinus
G  Nick Shattuck, Ursinus

Second:

F  Chris Prior, McDaniel
F  Andrew Powers, Gettysburg
G  Chaz Thomas, Haverford
G  Corey Dorsey, Gettysburg
G  Remy Cousart, Ursinus

HM:

F  James McNally, F&M
F  Joe Spierenberg, Gettysburg
G  Kizmahr Grell, Dickinson
G  Matt Hilton, Ursinus
G  Doug Polster, JHU

Leo

McNickels:

I agree with everything from 1st team to HM's. I couldn't have done any better.

Player of the Year -  Shattuck (Ursinus)

old ends

r.w. -- look good infact most of those lead the stats for thier position or are very close to the top:

Conference Stats: http://www.centennial.org/basketball/Men/2008stats/CONFLDRS.HTM

Weelky review will be released tomorrow and may have the all conference selection with it.
It should be interesting if we are close from the early top ten play10 Players.

Nick Shattuck              Ursinus
Dan Capkin                 Gettysburg
Tom Leszczynski          Dickinson
Ian McCormick             Swarthmore
Doug Polster               John Hopkins
Chris Prior                   McDaniel
Chaz Thomaas            Haverford
John Noonan               Ursinus
James McNally             F & M
Mike Bernardini           Muhlenberg

Pretty close,,

r.w. mcnickels

Quote from: crambam on February 24, 2008, 01:22:45 PM
So what exactly happened to F&M?  I can really only follow the records, but they looked like they were doing well at the midpoint of the season, and things just fell apart.  Why?

The positive is that they were 4 games better than last season, but the negative is that in the end, they were under .500 and got spanked in the CC.  I know the team is young, but what does the future hold?  At the beginning of the season, the talk on these boards was that the young team was built around some incredible recruits.  Is that still the belief?  Did these players disappoint, or do they just need another year to develop? 

I expect a lot more from F&M. 

crambam, it's hard to say what the future holds.  The last-second loss at Gettysburg sent the Dips into a spiral from which they never recovered.  In some games, the offensive philosophy seemed to be "feed it to McNally and stand around and see what happens."  There was no guard production—zero points—from the starting backcourt in the most important game of the season on Saturday.  The level of guard play is really far removed from what Ursinus has now, and not close to what the Dips have historically had over the years.

Maybe Reserved Seat or someone else can add more on what happened to the Dips, because that was quite a collapse.  As for me, I'm excited about the possibility of two CC teams going dancing next week.