D3soccer.com > Men's soccer

Liberty League

<< < (362/413) > >>

Saint of Old:

--- Quote from: Saint_Dad on October 05, 2022, 06:33:00 pm ---A much stronger offense in the second half of the SLU Clarkson game with Marvin moving up.  What a surprise the he missed a penalty kick with one minute to go.  He usually never misses those.  Hopefully Mogul will be back soon to ignite the offense.  SLU was the better team.  Clarkson uses a ton of subs to keep on the ball and disrupt their opponents.  I dont see them at the top of the table.

--- End quote ---
Welcome aboard Saint-Dad.
I am looking forward to your thoughts as the weather gets colder.

Clarkson can be tricky this season, as one who initially underestimated them, it is clear to see why they dont give up many goals.
The culture is hard working.
Still, they have to maneuver a very difficult league and desperate teams going forward so who knows.

I have always said that the Saint10 is more of a point guard than any other position, he runs the game the way he wants to run it... slows it down/speeds it up.
We are all human.  I know from experience that missing a penalty in the dying moments of a SLU home game infront of our fans is a tough thing. I think this kid has the confidence to know that the entire Saint nation knows he will make the next one.

stlawus:

--- Quote from: Saint of Old on October 05, 2022, 07:07:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: Saint_Dad on October 05, 2022, 06:33:00 pm ---A much stronger offense in the second half of the SLU Clarkson game with Marvin moving up.  What a surprise the he missed a penalty kick with one minute to go.  He usually never misses those.  Hopefully Mogul will be back soon to ignite the offense.  SLU was the better team.  Clarkson uses a ton of subs to keep on the ball and disrupt their opponents.  I dont see them at the top of the table.

--- End quote ---
Welcome aboard Saint-Dad.
I am looking forward to your thoughts as the weather gets colder.

Clarkson can be tricky this season, as one who initially underestimated them, it is clear to see why they dont give up many goals.
The culture is hard working.
Still, they have to maneuver a very difficult league and desperate teams going forward so who knows.

I have always said that the Saint10 is more of a point guard than any other position, he runs the game the way he wants to run it... slows it down/speeds it up.
We are all human.  I know from experience that missing a penalty in the dying moments of a SLU home game infront of our fans is a tough thing. I think this kid has the confidence to know that the entire Saint nation knows he will make the next one.

--- End quote ---

Stlawus Senior was at the game with me, and he had a completely unbiased view of the teams as this is his first time watching either of them.  He agreed that Clarkson seems deserving of their ranking and never gave the ball away.   He also said 10 is clearly the best player on the field and impressed him immensely.   He thought it was unusual but smart to play him like SLU does in the "point guard" style that Saint mentioned.   

And yes, welcome aboard Saint Dad.  The more the merrier, as sometimes it seems like me and Saint are talking to the walls in here!

Saint of Old:
Deutchfan drops loads of knowledge on here as well man!

stlawus:

--- Quote from: Saint of Old on October 05, 2022, 07:42:05 pm ---Deutchfan drops loads of knowledge on here as well man!

--- End quote ---

How could I forget the Deutschfan!!! Many apologies to Deutsch, guy knows his stuff and keeps the conversation stoked.

deutschfan:
Thanks for the props.  The Clarkson-SLU game was an enjoyable watch of two excellent teams.  I do miss overtimes.  There is nothing like the pressure and jubilation attendant to two sudden death (victory to be politically correct) periods. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version