SimpleCoach D3 Soccer YouTube Channel

Started by SimpleCoach, December 05, 2021, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleCoach

Ok.  Was going to start a new topic for 2022, but wasn't sure if I should or just use this one.  So opted to stick with this one.

Today, I am kicking off the season with my 2022 Pre-Season Best.  Will take a look at some of the players who should stand out in 2022.  Also take a look at who I think makes the final four.... in three ways.  Anyhow, really psyched for this year and hope we get this place rockin' again.  Kind of lonely here in the off season.... :-\

The 2022 Pre-Season Best of the Best in D3 Soccer

Hope you enjoy it.  Don't think I got it all right, but definitely enjoyed putting it together.

SC.

D3Dad

Another Mom

Watched it, Simple Coach -- very enjoyable,  as I am waiting for the season to start. Well, especially enjoyable  for me, given your predictions for the Final Four, and the ultimate winner. I really hope you are right!!!

jknezek

Anyone interested in participating in the D3soccer Fan poll this season?

If you are interested in participating, I will run the poll again if we get enough pollsters. My only caveat is that if you agree to participate you try your best to do it every week so that things are consistent. Also, you try to be on time because it's no fun for anyone if I have to track you down every week and pester you to get your votes in.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'll run it the same as last year with the same deadlines, so the poll will include games that start before Sunday at midnight EST and will be due to me before Tuesday EST at midnight and I will try to post on Wednesday.

I will not do a preseason poll. I hate them. They set up a ton of positional bias and, especially with 400+ teams in D3, there simply is no way to do a good one. The first poll will be based on games played prior to 9/11 and will be due to me on 9/13. That gives us roughly 2 weeks of games to start making judgements.

If you are interested, and I realize we about 2 weeks out, please send me a PM. I hope we get our pollsters back from last year, as they did an excellent job, but if you want to join in, I'm always open to more!

Kuiper

Quote from: SimpleCoach on August 28, 2022, 04:22:37 PM
Ok.  Was going to start a new topic for 2022, but wasn't sure if I should or just use this one.  So opted to stick with this one.

Today, I am kicking off the season with my 2022 Pre-Season Best.  Will take a look at some of the players who should stand out in 2022.  Also take a look at who I think makes the final four.... in three ways.  Anyhow, really psyched for this year and hope we get this place rockin' again.  Kind of lonely here in the off season.... :-\

Hope you enjoy it.  Don't think I got it all right, but definitely enjoyed putting it together.

SC.

Thanks for doing this.  By setting the rules the way you did (no teammates on the list; three parallel final four possibilities, etc), you really created a very broad and diverse list of worthy players and teams to watch.  That's no small undertaking.  It has become feasible these days with streaming games, but it's still a big job.  Historically, few D3 observers were knowledgeable about many players and teams outside their conference and region.  I think that remains largely the case today, but this kind of content helps to publicize some players and programs that might not get much attention outside the NESCAC (or NCAC/Liberty/Centennial etc) bubble.  The fact that your video has already gotten almost 1,900 views is testament to there being a market for that!

SimpleCoach

Quote from: Kuiper on August 29, 2022, 04:32:33 PM

SC.

Thanks for doing this.  By setting the rules the way you did (no teammates on the list; three parallel final four possibilities, etc), you really created a very broad and diverse list of worthy players and teams to watch.  That's no small undertaking.  It has become feasible these days with streaming games, but it's still a big job.  Historically, few D3 observers were knowledgeable about many players and teams outside their conference and region.  I think that remains largely the case today, but this kind of content helps to publicize some players and programs that might not get much attention outside the NESCAC (or NCAC/Liberty/Centennial etc) bubble.  The fact that your video has already gotten almost 1,900 views is testament to there being a market for that!

Thanks @Kuiper for the kind words.  Always appreciative of you feedback.

And yeah... absolutely crazy.  They more I do YouTube, the less I understand.

Thanks again.

SC.

College Soccer Observer

Love the preview show.  It is obvious you put a lot of thought into this and D3 Soccer is clearly a labor of love for you. 

SimpleCoach

Quote from: College Soccer Observer on August 29, 2022, 11:31:42 PM
Love the preview show.  It is obvious you put a lot of thought into this and D3 Soccer is clearly a labor of love for you.
[/quote}

Thanks @College Soccer Observer.  Appreciate the kind words.

SC.

Kuiper

Quote from: SimpleCoach on August 29, 2022, 04:54:59 PM
Quote from: Kuiper on August 29, 2022, 04:32:33 PM

SC.

Thanks @Kuiper for the kind words.  Always appreciative of you feedback.

And yeah... absolutely crazy.  They more I do YouTube, the less I understand.

Thanks again.

SC.

And so you don't get a big head, I can't believe you left off [insert name of your kid] and/or [insert name of your favorite team/alma mater] from your list!  What a moron!  And heaven help you if you do this on the women's side.  My experience is that parents are much more involved/protective of their daughters and they never forget a slight! 

SimpleCoach

Quote from: Kuiper on August 30, 2022, 12:29:34 PM

And so you don't get a big head, I can't believe you left off [insert name of your kid] and/or [insert name of your favorite team/alma mater] from your list!  What a moron!  And heaven help you if you do this on the women's side.  My experience is that parents are much more involved/protective of their daughters and they never forget a slight!

So, that's for next year.  Really going to take a look at expanding into the women's game more.... and yes, can already see the emails coming!

SC.

Gregory Sager

Really enjoyed the preview show, SC. Great stuff.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Hopkins92

Quote from: Hopkins92 on August 16, 2022, 03:38:01 PM
I, too, am really big on Podcasts and would love to have the YouTube content ported over, at a minimum.

Will absolutely support once you've opened up whatever platform you choose to allow that to happen.

Hey SC, any progress on the podcast platform/front?

I just listened to the RPI coach short clip about D1 players and found it really interesting.

SimpleCoach

Quote from: Hopkins92 on November 02, 2022, 02:53:05 PM
Quote from: Hopkins92 on August 16, 2022, 03:38:01 PM
I, too, am really big on Podcasts and would love to have the YouTube content ported over, at a minimum.

Will absolutely support once you've opened up whatever platform you choose to allow that to happen.

Hey SC, any progress on the podcast platform/front?

I just listened to the RPI coach short clip about D1 players and found it really interesting.

Working on setting it up.  Hope the next wave of interviews will be on the podcast channel.

SC.

blooter442

Quote from: SimpleCoach on November 06, 2022, 07:33:53 PM
Another episode with @PaulNewman

The New Show. Jump In - The Water is Fine.

"I have a bad feeling all the time. If I even hear the letters 'OWU'...it's very traumatizing. Kenyon could win 20 games in a row and I'd still think they were going to lose the next 10" was a chuckle-worthy contribution from PN. Will have to dig further in the morning.