WBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 17, 2005, 02:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CUAfan

Maybe he'll replace Doc Sadler with the Nebraska men? I kid.

And yes, that would definitely be something special.
Let's go 'Nados!

JACKET84

UMHB picked up good head basketball coach for their women's program.  Lisa Curliss-Taylor.  She re-built ETBU just a few years ago, then got a job at Univ. Missouri St Louis (D2).  I'm sure she'll get MHMB turned around and competing for the East soon.

Ralph Turner

http://www.umsltritons.com/womens-sports/overview/11/1964

She was 42-96 in 5 seasons.  I agree. I think that she will do very well.  I would venture that UMHB is a better job than UM St Louis.

JACKET84

I agree.  Just because it was a larger program, doesn't mean there was more support from administration and fans. 

CUAfan

New blog post with the offensive and defensive rebounding leaders from this season. Here, I am going to average out the separate offensive and defensive rates to give an overall rebounding rate (though personally I prefer to keep them separate).

Overall Rebounding
Name, TM - %MIN/REB%
1. Holly Phelps, ETBU - 66.1%/19.1%
2. Angela Newcombe, HSU - 91.5%/18.2%
3. Olivia Swarner, SU - 70.6%/17.0%
4. Sharday Cotton, LETU - 53.5%/16.7%
5. Afritina Anderson, UTT - 42.0%/15.7%
6. DeShante Thomas, LETU - 56.9%/15.6%
7. Roshonda Gayden, HPU - 56.8%/15.1%
8. Rebecca Valdez, TLU - 51.5%/14.8%
9. Erika Brown, ETBU - 63.3%/14.6%
10. M.J. Vickers, MCM - 65.6%/14.0%
11. Celeste Belizario, MCM - 52.0%/13.5%
12. Brittany Houston, UTD - 60.9%/13.5%
13. Ashley George, UTD - 43.1%/13.3%
14. Shamika Singleton, CTX - 60.7%/13.3%
15. Shamiya Domino, UTT - 65.4%/13.3%
Let's go 'Nados!

Ralph Turner

Congratulations Baylor.  That has to qualify as a monkey stomp of theological proportions...

I'll bet the streets of Waco are exuberant!  The Dr Pepper must be flowing!

kate

Great post, Ralph!  :D  The game last night, if anyone was a Baylor fan, which i am, was wonderful!  Notre Dame's shots were not finding that basket, thanks mostly to the suffocating defense of the Lady Bears!   :D   Congratulations to Baylor's team & coaches!!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: kate on April 04, 2012, 04:44:02 PM
Great post, Ralph!  :D  The game last night, if anyone was a Baylor fan, which i am, was wonderful!  Notre Dame's shots were not finding that basket, thanks mostly to the suffocating defense of the Lady Bears!   :D   Congratulations to Baylor's team & coaches!!!
The good ol' boys at Louisiana Tech must be kicking themselves.

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 04, 2012, 07:13:11 PM

Ralph, can you explain the final sentence above?

Warren Thompson

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 03, 2012, 11:19:47 PM
I'll bet the streets of Waco are exuberant!  The Dr Pepper must be flowing!

What are the chances some of the 10-2-4 had "additives" for extra horsepower?   ;)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Warren Thompson on April 05, 2012, 03:55:18 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 04, 2012, 07:13:11 PM

Ralph, can you explain the final sentence above?
LaTech's Leon Barmore let a protege get away.  He stayed in the saddle too long.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Mulkey

CUAfan

To finally finish reporting the men's and women's individual numbers for 2011-12, I give you the steal and block rate leaders on my blog. Now, if I could just get around to starting on detailed historical numbers...
Let's go 'Nados!

Ralph Turner

Congratulations to UT-Dallas on their championship in the conference tourney.

I think that we may see a pod of Trinity TX (hosting) plus LaCollege and maybe HPU as Pool C bids.

Ralph Turner

Wash U St L 45  UTD 40.  The biggest lead by WU was 5 points, the final time on 2Ft's with 0:23 left.  The biggest lead by UTD was 6 points.

pbrooks3

Two great games in Memphis tonight.  While the 2 ASC teams came out on the short end, both Louisiana College and Texas-Dallas represented the conference well. 
🏀🏀🏀