South Region Rankings and Playoffs

Started by Ralph Turner, January 06, 2009, 07:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

First projection -- Assume the highest ranked team in the Region earns the Pool A bid.

Rank   School   In-Division Record   Overall Record
1   Randolph-Macon   20-2   20-2  ODAC Pool A
2   Centre   17-3   19-3                  SAA  Pool A
3   Emory   16-4   16-4                  UAA  (tied with Wash U) Assume Pool A
4   Guilford   16-5   16-5                  ODAC  Pool C
5   Mary Hardin-Baylor   17-5   17-5  ASC Pool A
6   Lynchburg   17-5   17-5           ODAC Pool C
7   Emory & Henry   15-6   15-6           ODAC Pool C
8   Texas-Dallas   16-4   17-4           ASC   Pool C

NR    Texas Lutheran 14-7  14-7        Pool A SCAC
NR    Covenant          14-7  14-7*        Pool A USAC leading the "West Division"  (*If Brevard counts as an in-region game... I have forgotten if there has been a change concerning Year 1 Provisional opponents.)

Pat Coleman

Brevard is Year 2 but does not count.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Ralph Turner

South       
1   Randolph-Macon   23-2   23-2
2   Centre   19-4   21-4
3   Emory   19-5   19-5  Hosts Rochester on 02/23 for the UAA Pool A bid. NO tourney in the UAA
4   Washington & Lee   18-7   18-7
5   Guilford   18-7   18-7
6   Lynchburg   20-5   20-5
7   Roanoke   18-7   18-7

8   Mary Hardin-Baylor   20-5   20-5

My prediction is that Randy Mac and the survivor of that ODAC logjam at #4-#7 make the tourney.

If Centre wins the SAA, then the ASC, SAA, SCAC, and USAC appear to be one bid conferences.

With 20 bids to give over 8 regions, I want to see if the South is held to only 1 Pool C bid.

Ralph Turner

UT-Dallas (24-4/23-4 with a win over Whitworth at Trinity TX, neutral floor, 1-0 vRRO)  is in for the ASC. HSU knocked off UMHB last night, so the ASC is probably a 1- bid league.

Emory is in for the UAA Pool A bid. (No bubble bustin' there.)

Centre lost to edged Oglethorpe 75-72 and play Sewanee today. On to Pool C for the Colonels.

SCAC final tomorrow.  TLU vs #6 seed UDallas (6-10/ 11-16). Remember when UDallas was the Pool B bid with a 13-12 record in 2004?

https://www.d3hoops.com/archives/men/2004/2004-bracket

Ralph Turner

Murvul is in. (Randy got his ticket to the dance, one more time.)  Congrats!

scottiedoug

Interesting draw for the Scots...we were all expecting southern team matchups....

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh