FB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 28, 2021, 04:31:08 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 28, 2021, 04:23:19 PM
Show me games marked as exhibitions on team websites and we will change them. North Park's own website lists one exhibition and three non-exhibitions, and not coincidentally, so does D3football.com.

North Park's own website also shows the team's record as 1-3, so you're going around in circles with that what's-on-the-website argument.

Nope. The NCAA says exhibitions don't count against a team's win-loss record. I can see reasons why North Park would ignore that but that doesn't make it accurate.

And as I said, show me games marked as exhibitions. (On both teams' sites.) It wouldn't be the first time we've changed a game this spring because of a school's inconsistent notations.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gregory Sager

Great. So what you're saying is that North Park is at Norm Eash's mercy in terms of the legitimacy of that April 10 game, in spite of the fact that NPU never agreed that that game would count? Boy, what a terrific situation to be in. ::)

At any rate, I'll look into it.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 28, 2021, 04:39:55 PM
Great. So what you're saying is that North Park is at Norm Eash's mercy in terms of the legitimacy of that April 10 game, in spite of the fact that NPU never agreed that that game would count? Boy, what a terrific situation to be in. ::)

I mean, we could start by getting one of the two schools to list the game this way, for sure. At the moment, the number is zero.

It'll be interesting to see how that goes, considering IWU nominated players from that game for the Team of the Week.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

npbaseball40

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 28, 2021, 04:46:36 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 28, 2021, 04:39:55 PM

I mean, we could start by getting one of the two schools to list the game this way, for sure. At the moment, the number is zero.

It'll be interesting to see how that goes, considering IWU nominated players from that game for the Team of the Week.

Tyler, NPU SID, here. Allow me to add my thoughts while clarifying very little.

Elmhurst was the only institution to indicate our first game of the year would be considered "exhibition" from a statistical perspective - they did not track stats. Every other institution that we played (Carthage, IWU, Augustana) all statted the game, traded files, and carried on as normal. All of Elmhurst's games were listed as either "scrimmage" or "exhibition".

Long story short - Elmhurst was the only team that requested we list the game as "exhibition".

Again, I have no answers, just chiming in with what was briefly discussed and presented to us behind the scenes.

On another note - holy cow, we played football in the spring! I'd prefer not to do that again, for all the reasons Greg stated earlier.

kiko

<watches the tennis match above>

That metronome-like recurring discussion around how non-conference basketball games are *not* preseason games suddenly seems..... quaint.

Gregory Sager

It's the off-season. Why not have a little back-and-forth to spice things up?
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

kiko

Oh, it's not a complaint.  Just amusing (perhaps only to me...) to see this convo in light of the context around the other discussion.

markerickson

I used stats from my alma mater, which stated there was an exhibition contest, and nowhere in my post did I mention the NAIA.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Gregory Sager

That hardly matters, since you've made that NAIA proposal more than once before on d3boards.com. Of course, if you have some new proposal for North Park that involves leaving the CCIW but not entering the NAIA, let's hear it.

Seems to me like you were cherry-picking by omitting mention of the Elmhurst final score or the stats for that game that NPU provided, since the only difference between that and any other game NPU played this spring was nothing but a mere formality.

CardinalAlum

D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  ** D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **   D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 & 2022  **  D3 National Champions 2019 2022

Gregory Sager

NPU's schedule is out as well. The Vikings open the season by hosting Bethel, as was originally planned in the contract between the two schools. I'm not sure whether the canceled 2020 game that was scheduled to be played up in suburban St. Paul between the two teams has been moved to 2022, or if the upcoming game on September 4 is just going to be a one-off to complete the contract.

Rhythm21

Quote from: CardinalAlum on May 06, 2021, 03:10:52 PM
NCC schedule is out.  Interesting first game before the Battle in Wheaton.

https://northcentralcardinals.com/sports/football/schedule

Very excited to see how Aurora comes out against North Central. Should be cool to see Cam Moore match-up against his former teammates. I think Coach Beebe will have the guys fired up to play against the defending National Champions. And who knows, if our defense can force a few turnovers and stop the run and Zimbleman comes out hot, we could have a very entertaining game in early September.
AU Black and Blue

USee

We will certainly have an early picture of how the CCIW race and the North Region stacks up.

devildog29

The golf board isn't active at all, so since it is offseason, I'm gonna beat my fellow Titan to posting incorrect sports on the incorrect board.  But a huge congratulations to the IWU men's golf team on back to back National 'Ships.
Hail, Hail, the gang's all here, all out for Wesleyan!

Gregory Sager

Wow, I didn't even realize that there was a golf board, and I've been here for over two decades.

There's nothing wrong with posting something about a CCIW team winning a national championship ... except that it's always done over on the men's basketball board, which is sort of the home-base of CCIW boards on this site.