FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retired Old Rat and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

thunderdog

Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 04, 2019, 05:15:34 PM
Quote from: formerd3db on December 04, 2019, 04:50:45 PM
Quote from: thunderdog on December 04, 2019, 04:07:09 PM
This here MIAC board has been a place I've frequented often... the entertainment value is off the charts! Although with the meter about to run out on UST's time here, it will undoubtedly take a precipitous drop...  >:( :-\ :'(

That's why these guys are the prestigious members of the DIII Levity Club! :)  I only post here occasionally, but like you, read often.  It is always good to get a laugh once in a while as it relieves the stress of the day!  Besides, I can't compete with these guys-they're too good at it!  ;D

This is definitely a good board for levity, especially during Johnnie/Tommie week. But, man, those Liberty League guys. I've been reading their stuff for two decades now, alternating between busting a gut and shaking my head in wonder that Pat doesn't shut the board down. The ongoing snarkathon between Machiavelli and Frank Rossi all by itself, to say nothing of the recent hilarious thread concerning the importance of time of possession and the total weirdness of Ice Bear's ongoing portfolio of Schenectady crime scenes, makes it worth checking out that board.

TDog says thanks for the heads up. TDog says that's pretty funny stuff. TDog still thinks the MIAC is more funnier.

I just had to try out the IceBear-mobile... it's purty fun actually...

retagent

Good stuff these past couple of pages.Liberty League takes it to another level.

emma17

The passing game can be the great equalizer.
I don't imagine the Johnnie fans see their team this way, I see St. John's as the Aurora and NCC of the tournament.
Those teams went 1-1 to this point, and nearly 2-0.

formerd3db

Thanks Gregory (and TDog)!  I'll have to venture over to the LL board once in a great while just to check it out! :) P.S. Glad you mentioned it as I thought it was me...i.e. have had difficult (confusion) periods in trying to figure out (understand) Ice Bear on a few occasions!  ::) :)
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

OzJohnnie

Quote from: emma17 on December 04, 2019, 06:32:38 PM
I don't imagine the Johnnie fans see their team this way, I see St. John's as the Aurora and NCC of the tournament.

Yeah, you're right.  I see Aurora and NCC as the Aurora and NCC of the tournament.

Observers are reading far too much into the Concordia loss and the SJU tendency to sleepily enter games this year.  I also think the MIAC's appetite for runaway destruction of the lower half is much less, this year in particular.  I think there are a few factors which have led to SJU not meeting expectations for a point-a-minute offense and a point-a-quarter defense.  But I have little doubt that this year's Johnnies are more dangerous than last year's Johnnies and I think most people recognize that last year's team was pretty damned dangerous.

But we'll see on Saturday.  We'll be the team in the distance leaving a dust trail in our wake as we streak away to the end zone, in case anyone was having trouble seeing us.
[  

Baldini

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 04, 2019, 08:14:01 PM

Yeah, you're right.  I see Aurora and NCC as the Aurora and NCC of the tournament.

Observers are reading far too much into the Concordia loss and the SJU tendency to sleepily enter games this year.  I also think the MIAC's appetite for runaway destruction of the lower half is much less, this year in particular.  I think there are a few factors which have led to SJU not meeting expectations for a point-a-minute offense and a point-a-quarter defense.  But I have little doubt that this year's Johnnies are more dangerous than last year's Johnnies and I think most people recognize that last year's team was pretty damned dangerous.

But we'll see on Saturday.  We'll be the team in the distance leaving a dust trail in our wake as we streak away to the end zone, in case anyone was having trouble seeing us.

No matter how hard you try, you can't talk an opponent into submission.

No need to thank me now, but here is a link that may help you get through the next few days.

https://blog.teamsnap.com/how-to/4-techniques-to-help-you-conquer-pre-game-anxiety

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Baldini on December 04, 2019, 08:32:20 PM

No need to thank me now, but here is a link that may help you get through the next few days.

https://blog.teamsnap.com/how-to/4-techniques-to-help-you-conquer-pre-game-anxiety

Me with pregame anxiety?  You don't see any Johnnies stalking the CCIW boards looking to respond to every comment.  It's pretty clear who is anxious.  And rightly so.   Sympathise with you.
[  

OzJohnnie

Game notes!

https://gojohnnies.com/documents/2019/12/4//120719_WheatonNCAA_GameNotes.pdf?id=1426

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? We'll find out this Saturday. The Johnnies currently rank second in NCAA Division III in passing offense (370.9 yards), fourth in total offense (535.2 yards) and sixth in passing efficiency (184.9). Individually, senior quarterback Jackson Erdmann leads Division III in passing yards (4,291) and passing yards per game (357.6). Wheaton, meanwhile, boasts college football's (across all divisions) top scoring defense (6.8 ppg.), total defense (186.7 ypg.) and pass-efficiency defense (75.3).
[  

Gregory Sager

If Pat decides to hand out a Rookie Poster of the Year award, Baldini, you've got my vote.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Baldini

Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 04, 2019, 11:59:08 PM

If Pat decides to hand out a Rookie Poster of the Year award, Baldini, you've got my vote.

I take that as very high praise coming from you Sir, I am truly flattered.

MUC57

All my many friends on this board

Good luck Saturday against a really good team. But, you ARE  St. John's. Four national championships , an outstanding school and a great tradition. Show Wheaton you're the better team and move on to the semifinals. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but here goes - they haven't seen a team like Erdmann and Company.
Go Johnnies!  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

tf37

Quote from: OzJohnnie on December 04, 2019, 11:23:32 PM
Game notes!

https://gojohnnies.com/documents/2019/12/4//120719_WheatonNCAA_GameNotes.pdf?id=1426

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? We'll find out this Saturday. The Johnnies currently rank second in NCAA Division III in passing offense (370.9 yards), fourth in total offense (535.2 yards) and sixth in passing efficiency (184.9). Individually, senior quarterback Jackson Erdmann leads Division III in passing yards (4,291) and passing yards per game (357.6). Wheaton, meanwhile, boasts college football's (across all divisions) top scoring defense (6.8 ppg.), total defense (186.7 ypg.) and pass-efficiency defense (75.3).

Thanks for sharing.  Your SID does a great job with these.

MiacMan

Well, we're getting close to the day of MIAC reckoning, MIAC #1 vs. CCIW #1

I am getting concerned about having all of the eggs in Erdmann's basket. I know he'll get his yards between the 20's but, I'm concerned about trouble in the redzone vs. a defense like Wheaton. I think we'll know relatively early after their first couple redzone chances. Looking at his previous 3yrs of playoff experience is not a great sign going forward. 1st year (lost in 2nd rd, only scoring 14pts) 2nd year (lost in 1st rd only scoring 7pts), last year (cream puffs rds 1&2) lost 3rd rd only scored 17pts (7 from a 6yd drive after a blocked punt), threw 3 picks, including one forced into coverage on first down with 30sec. left to play from the UMHB 25 that basically sealed the deal for UMHB.

That being said, I still like the Jays +10, Go MIAC!