FB: Centennial Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

Great news. Makes scheduling a lot easier. Thanks for sharing that!

MRMIKESMITH

Anyone, get a chance to watch the BIG 33 game between MD and PA H.S. All-Stars? The MD squad feature players committed to both Salisbury and Mount Union, any word of the PA young men?

umhb2001

Looking forward to hosting the Mules here in a few weeks. If anyone needs info about the Belton area, please let me know. Lots of great places to stay and eat.

Blessings and safe travels.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

CNU85

Quote from: umhb2001 on July 28, 2022, 01:32:29 AM
Looking forward to hosting the Mules here in a few weeks. If anyone needs info about the Belton area, please let me know. Lots of great places to stay and eat.

It's HOT in September in Belton. Although when I was down there for a game, they were still playing in a high school stadium with aluminum seats. I kid you not -- I set my water and gatorade bottles down on the bleacher seat and I heard them sizzle. That's when I got up and found the air conditioned CNU radio booth and stood in the corner all game.

I like the part in your post that says "in a few weeks"....the season is right around the corner.

umhb2001

Quote from: CNU85 on July 28, 2022, 08:32:44 AM

It's HOT in September in Belton. Although when I was down there for a game, they were still playing in a high school stadium with aluminum seats. I kid you not -- I set my water and gatorade bottles down on the bleacher seat and I heard them sizzle. That's when I got up and found the air conditioned CNU radio booth and stood in the corner all game.

I like the part in your post that says "in a few weeks"....the season is right around the corner.

Great story! Since 2013, we have played at Crusader Stadium. With the visitors sitting on the east side, they get the afternoon sun. A 6:00 game does well to allow for some time to be in shade more, and a N/S wind provides a pretty good breeze.

A nice cup of Cru-Nilla ice cream helps to cool you down as well.

jmcozenlaw

Heading down to Texas for another reason a little later this year..........with about 60,000+ other Eagles fans take over "Jerry's World" and add to the Cowboys quarter-of-a-century+ of irrelevance. I'm hoping that it's not steamy hell by that time of the year!! ;)

Kelly Boggs

December in Texas is usually pretty nice.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

CNU85

Quote from: umhb2001 on July 31, 2022, 04:34:49 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on July 28, 2022, 08:32:44 AM

Great story! Since 2013, we have played at Crusader Stadium. With the visitors sitting on the east side, they get the afternoon sun. A 6:00 game does well to allow for some time to be in shade more, and a N/S wind provides a pretty good breeze.

A nice cup of Cru-Nilla ice cream helps to cool you down as well.

Hopefully someday I get to see the "new" stadium. I was down there for the second of the home/away series. In 2006, the Cru came to Va ranked #5 and we held at the goal line for 4 straight plays to end the game. The next year, in 2007, we flew down to Belton and got whooped! If I remember correctly, it was a close game until about 90 seconds before halftime.....then the wheels, bumpers, mirrors, fenders, all fell off the bus!

MRMIKESMITH

Hi Pollster's, just wanted to extend an invitation to join the ERFP for this upcoming season. We will continue to do R1/R2. Feel free to DM or respond here if interested. I'll reach out to last year participants to gauge any interest as well.

ADL70

Any Muhlenberg folks going to Belton for Saturday's game?

I'm probably going to the game and it would be great to meet some of you folks.

BTW CWRU plays Hopkins Saturday afternoon.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

ADL70

There is a family connection in Saturday's CWRU-JHU game.

This article from West Lafayette IN HS from 2016. James is currently a physician in Atlanta and Daniel is JHU's DC.

James Wodicka was valedictorian in the class of 2007. He was an outstanding three sport athlete and
was chosen as a National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete. He went on to attend Case Western
University where he graduated cum laude with a degree in biomedical engineering. James played
defensive back for Case Western's football team and led his team in interceptions his senior year.
James was married in 2015 and is currently in the combined MD/PhD physician–scientist training
program at IU School of Medicine. He is also completing his PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering
at Purdue. In his free time he helps coach the defensive backs for the West Lafayette football team.

Daniel Wodicka was valedictorian in the class of 2010. He also was a standout three sport athlete and a National Football Foundation
Scholar Athlete as well as being chosen Indiana Mr. Football. Daniel led the West Lafayette High School football team to the 3A state
championship in 2009. He continued his academic and athletic career at Johns Hopkins University where he graduated with a degree in
biomedical engineering. Daniel was a standout football player at Johns Hopkins and set team records for single-season and career receptions and is one of the most decorated Blue Jay football players in school history. He is currently pursuing a career in coaching. He spent
two years at Johns Hopkins coaching wide receivers and was hired in April of 2016 as the running backs coach and video coordinator at
Northern Michigan University
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

E.115

Johns Hopkins fans --

On the heals of the Orioles beating our Guardian @ and taking the series, Cleveland welcomes the travelers from Baltimore.

Food recommendations walking distance to the stadium (DiSanto Field):

1) Little Italy https://littleitalycle.com (Presti's Bakery for breakfast...anywhere for lunch or dinner)
2) Cheap and easy = Jolly Scholar Brewery https://www.thejollyscholar.com
3) Fancy = L'Albatros https://www.albatrosbrasserie.com

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: E.115 on September 03, 2022, 05:48:59 AM
Game notes - Johns Hopkins @ Case Western Reserve:  https://hopkinssports.com/news/2022/9/2/johns-hopkins-case-western-football-notes.aspx

CC teams (fans) haven't existed in sometime (as far as active). It's a shame, because their conference is currently the torch bearer for R1/R2 right now.

umhb2001

Muhlenberg looked good tonight and gave the defense fits in the first half, UMHB just had that national championship pedigree. I expect the Mules will learn a lot and be a force in November and December. Good luck.