D3soccer.com > Men's soccer

New England Soccer Discussion

<< < (371/383) > >>

ECSUalum:
Trying to watch the RIC @ Keene match!!!!!!!!!!!  If Keene can't find someone who is not sleeping at the camera, they might as well just show live stats!!

ECSUalum:
LEC Men's Soccer Tournament:

Looks Like WCSU#3 will play UMD #6 and RIC#4 will Play Keene St#5 again.
WCSU/UMD winner at UMB#2  Prediction WCSU plays UMB   UMB wins
RIC/Keene winner at ECSU#1  Prediction Keene St plays ECSU  ECSU wins (Eastern CAN NOT lose to Keene State again after the 2019 ECSU mugging in the LEC final!!!!)

UMB @ ECSU  ECSU wins LEC Tournament!

ECSUalum:
Update on Patrick Agyemang... still leads URI in goal (7) and (18) points!
https://atlantic10.com/news/2021/10/25/patrick-agyemang-dorchin-wrobel-tabbed-for-weekly-a-10-mens-soccer-honors.aspx

Mr.Right:
Random match of the day:

Watched the CCC Semi Gordon at Endicott.

Crazy game...1-0 Endicott at Halftime. First Half Endicott were playing well. They were moving the ball on the carpet expeditiously and with purpose. They got a goal out of it and seemed to be in control. They looked to have shored up their defensive woes since the last time I saw them in 2019. Endicott had #14 Charles Badji at CB running the show. I remember watching his brother scoring goals at Nickerson(BU). 2nd Half begins and the game falls on its head with Badji getting red carded for a ruthless foul to prevent a 1v1 with his GK. Gordon scored on the set piece anyway from the top of the box. Might have been the goal of the season along with Amherst #9 set piece v WPI last week. Gordon looks to have a transfer #12 Chase Gwynn who is a 6'1 striker and has 19 Goals this season. Endicott retakes the lead 2-1 on a great individual effort by Endicott's striker to muscle home a goal. However, Endicott just could not lock it down with 10 men. Gordon got 2 more goals and advance to play at Salve Regina for the title on Saturday. Salve won the CCC in 2019 and the NCAA committee decide to send them from Newport RI to Fredericksburg VA to play Rowan. Salve took Rowan to PK's but failed to advance. Certainly a sleeper team to watch in the NCAA's if they get by Gordon.

deiscanton:

--- Quote from: Mr.Right on November 03, 2021, 04:58:06 am ---Random match of the day:

Watched the CCC Semi Gordon at Endicott.

Crazy game...1-0 Endicott at Halftime. First Half Endicott were playing well. They were moving the ball on the carpet expeditiously and with purpose. They got a goal out of it and seemed to be in control. They looked to have shored up their defensive woes since the last time I saw them in 2019. Endicott had #14 Charles Badji at CB running the show. I remember watching his brother scoring goals at Nickerson(BU). 2nd Half begins and the game falls on its head with Badji getting red carded for a ruthless foul to prevent a 1v1 with his GK. Gordon scored on the set piece anyway from the top of the box. Might have been the goal of the season along with Amherst #9 set piece v WPI last week. Gordon looks to have a transfer #12 Chase Gwynn who is a 6'1 striker and has 19 Goals this season. Endicott retakes the lead 2-1 on a great individual effort by Endicott's striker to muscle home a goal. However, Endicott just could not lock it down with 10 men. Gordon got 2 more goals and advance to play at Salve Regina for the title on Saturday. Salve won the CCC in 2019 and the NCAA committee decide to send them from Newport RI to Fredericksburg VA to play Rowan. Salve took Rowan to PK's but failed to advance. Certainly a sleeper team to watch in the NCAA's if they get by Gordon.

--- End quote ---

I was watching the second half as well, and I posted on National Perspective on this game.   Charles Badji is a senior at Endicott, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic cancelling a season last year, he is still eligible to play college soccer next season as a graduate student at either Endicott or another institution, if I recall the current transfer rules correctly.  However, if he returns, he has to sit out the first regular season game next season as a result of getting that red card.  Badji had 2 yellows on the season prior to getting the red card.  I don't think that Endicott has the highlights on demand, but I would like to watch it again if that is the case.  It is highly likely that the red card had to be awarded because the foul denied Gwynn an obvious goal scoring opportunity.  The Endicott commentators did agree that Gwynn's resulting goal is defiinitely a highlight of the DIII season so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version