D3hockey.com > Women's hockey

D3hockey.com Poll

(1/3) > >>

Josh Carey:
The first one just came out!

#School (1st votes)RecPtsPrev.1Rochester Tech (13)8-0148 2Norwich7-1132 3Plattsburgh State5-0-1104 4UW-River Falls (2)6-0103 5Middlebury2-089 6Gustavus Adolphus6-077 7Amherst2-067 8Elmira5-156 9Adrian4-3-110 10Lake Forest6-2-19 
Others receiving votes: St. Catherine 7, UW-Superior 6, Augsburg 5, Trinity3 , Conn. College 2, Bowdoin 2, UW-Stevens Point 2, Concordia-Wis. 2, St. Scholastica 1

Steve Wiitala:
I think that UWRF is underrated.  My computer data suggests that they aren't getting the respect they are due.

Matt R:

--- Quote from: Steve Wiitala on November 21, 2011, 07:46:06 pm ---I think that UWRF is underrated.  My computer data suggests that they aren't getting the respect they are due.

--- End quote ---

On the flip side, historically speaking, any respect given to the west in women's hockey is too much.

Steve Wiitala:

--- Quote from: Matt R on November 21, 2011, 08:25:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: Steve Wiitala on November 21, 2011, 07:46:06 pm ---I think that UWRF is underrated.  My computer data suggests that they aren't getting the respect they are due.

--- End quote ---

On the flip side, historically speaking, any respect given to the west in women's hockey is too much.

--- End quote ---

Granted - there is the historical issue, which may weigh strongly against UWRF, but their metrics are very, very good.  If I were publishing my computer rankings this week, UWRF would most likely be at the top of the heap.

Matthew Webb:

--- Quote from: Steve Wiitala on November 21, 2011, 09:04:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: Matt R on November 21, 2011, 08:25:25 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Granted - there is the historical issue, which may weigh strongly against UWRF, but their metrics are very, very good.  If I were publishing my computer rankings this week, UWRF would most likely be at the top of the heap.

--- End quote ---

I think it's solely the history factor, which is tough to argue against, really.  When was the last time a women's West Region team won a game in the Frozen Four, 2004?

And I say this sitting camped right in the middle of the West Region.  While every year is different of course, it's tough to not hold it against the West until someone from out here steps up and gets in done later in the year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version