BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyfan77

I would have to go with ECSU, U-Mass Boston, and USM as well...

Paul Heering

with everyone taking USM over Keene State it has pushed the line to KSC +135. 

I am taking KSC +135.  Two hundred to win 270.

this is for entertainment purposes only

wordsmith

Quote from: don mattingly on May 10, 2007, 03:22:32 PM

KSC & USM are dead even. Each have different strengths and weaknesses. KSC swept USM in the Swamp. However, one game went down to the last at bat for KSC, the other game was tied in the ninth.

USM will win or lose based upon their middle infield defense. When USM commits multiple errors they lose as they did in their 11 or 12 errors in 3 games stretch last week.
Word

Paul Heering

the line was originally -105 for both teams but then there was a lot of action on USM that pushed the line. 

Betting lines are based on where people are betting and not who they really think is going to win

wordsmith

Word

Paul Heering

Big win for the beacons, party at jcon's house.  i'll bring the Pinata

hockeyfan77

Quote from: wordsmith on May 10, 2007, 03:42:18 PM
Quote from: don mattingly on May 10, 2007, 03:22:32 PM

KSC & USM are dead even. Each have different strengths and weaknesses. KSC swept USM in the Swamp. However, one game went down to the last at bat for KSC, the other game was tied in the ninth.

USM will win or lose based upon their middle infield defense. When USM commits multiple errors they lose as they did in their 11 or 12 errors in 3 games stretch last week.

USM will win if the Keene pitchers don't throw anything off-speed, USM can't hit the breaking pitch to save their lives...

ECSUalum

ECSU defeats RIC 10-2 Gilblair complete game victory. Gave up a 2 run homer after Castillo error in bottom 9th.

Catch08

Melvin makes a ton of errors but man that kid is a stud...Eastern is lucky to have him playing there people have to watch this kid play

ECSUalum

Quote from: Catch08 on May 10, 2007, 08:28:35 PM
Melvin makes a ton of errors but man that kid is a stud...Eastern is lucky to have him playing there people have to watch this kid play

Yes, and only a Freshman!!

Hopefully his Defense will improve as he matures.

Hits a TON! 9 HRs so far this year and 43 RBI, leading the team

wordsmith

Unless KSC pulls a rabbit real quick, they drop into the losers bracket.

Trailing 10-7 in the bottom of the 8th.
Word

wordsmith

Wow, hitting coaches dream, pitching coaches nightmare. Any predictions for the day?

Here are mine:

ESC, USM, UMB all win.

UMD & RIC go home, KSC falls into the Losers bracket.
[/quote]

So let's recap the day in the LEC Tourney:
ESC wins check
USM wins check
UMB wins check
UMD heads home check
RIC heads home check
KSC falls into the losers bracket check

Tomorrow's match-ups ESC v USM; UMB v KSC Any predictions?

Here are mine:

ESC over USM
KSC over UMB
then KSC faces USM in the losers bracket finals and KSC advances back to face the Evil Empire in the finals.

Word

hockeyfan77

I will go out on a limb and say USM beast ECSU tomorrow, KSC beats UMB, the ECSU beat KSC...

kscer

KSC wins two Friday and splits on Sat.
Corrected

kscer

I still want to be on record in saying that the umpiring in the LEC is an embarrassment to Collegiate baseball. Floating strike zones and bad calls add an element to the games that has nothing to do with skill in playing or coaching, and the LEC AD's should go to confession and do pennance for hiring this bunch of umpires