BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGNAC

Looks like EConn lost to Montclair State today, 7-6. Gilblair didn't play, as he's out indefinitely with the hamstring injury.

Not good news on either front for EConn, as they've lsot two non-conference games to potential regional teams in Montclair and WNEC. You have to wonder if EConn will be playing in Harwich if they don't win the LEC. I'm beginning to have my doubts they can garner an at-large bid if they continue losing their non-conference tilts

kscer

I am sorry to hear that Gilblair is hurt. I dont think I would write Eastern off just yet. Two years ago they lost 19 games, came from nowhere to win the LEC and then won the regionals. They have had a tough schedule so far. There are a lot of games to be played in the next four weeks. If Gilblair is hurt they are in trouble. He is their glue.

363dp

Being a NEWMAC fan, I never mind seeing EConn placed in the New York Regional. Now if they could get a 2 for package and send Keene also, that would be real nice!

kscer

If KSC had gone to New York last year you might have had two LEC teams in Appleton

wordsmith

Keene State wins by a Field Goal

Keene State' defeated "in-state" rival Plywood State  12-9 in a game played in Belmont Mass. The road show for both teams continue as fields are not playable in New Hampshire and not expected to be ready until errrr about July.

P.S. Weather forecast for the central New Hampshire region - Friday snow, sleet and freezing rain. Happy Friday :o
Word

Stump

Thanks for the forecast, Word.  :'(
just keeps getting better, doesn't it?  maybe northern New England should get orange baseballs and play in the snow

Paul Heering

I was in southern vermont last weekend and i am not surprised the fields are not playable but I am surprised that they couldn't find a closer field to play at.

Western Mass maybe--Springfield, WNEC, Westfield, Amherst, etc.

But then again I have no clue what goes into finding a field to play at.

hockeyfan77

USM beats Bridgewater State today  8-3  to improve their record to 11-4...

wordsmith

Quote from: Paul Heering on April 03, 2008, 11:21:31 PM
I was in southern vermont last weekend and i am not surprised the fields are not playable but I am surprised that they couldn't find a closer field to play at.

Western Mass maybe--Springfield, WNEC, Westfield, Amherst, etc.

But then again I have no clue what goes into finding a field to play at.

Totally agree. I doubt any fields in NH (except possibly the seacoast) are playable. Fields in Worcester County MA are in decent shape. Last year these two teams played at Merchant's Field in Manchester. The Double A franchise for the Toronto team.

On another note: HOF-Ed has the USM Huskies playing well. They always mash, but can they hurl?
Word

ECSUalum

Looks like Ryan DiPietro was released by the Royals Organization.  Pitched for the Burlington Bees in thier A Leaque last year.  If you go to his stats looks like he had some control problems

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=817

wordsmith

Quote from: ECSUalum on April 05, 2008, 03:29:31 PM

Looks like Ryan DiPietro was released by the Royals Organization.  Pitched for the Burlington Bees in thier A Leaque last year.  If you go to his stats looks like he had some control problems

Too bad, I remember this kid all the way back to his early High School and Legion Days. Lights Out. I always thought if he could put on some weight & stay healthy he had a legit chance to make some noise at the pro level.

Tip Fairchild (USM-Astros) appears to be about the only LEC pitcher from the early 2k's left in the pros. Or did I miss someone? Serfass?
Word

kscer

I see Gilblair did not play today. Any one have an update on his condition?

ECSUalum

Quote from: wordsmith on April 05, 2008, 04:32:48 PM

Too bad, I remember this kid all the way back to his early High School and Legion Days. Lights Out. I always thought if he could put on some weight & stay healthy he had a legit chance to make some noise at the pro level.

Tip Fairchild (USM-Astros) appears to be about the only LEC pitcher from the early 2k's left in the pros. Or did I miss someone? Serfass?

Yes Wordsmith, Ryan DiPietro was unbelievable, and, as was bad for the evil empire left his jr year.  Might have been 5 National Championships  if he had stayed,.  But you cannot blame him for signing a, what I seem to remember, 300K contract with the Royal organization.
I think Joey Sefass was also released this year from Mets AA organization,  Can someone confirm?

TEE beat WorstConn this afterneen 5-0 on some nice pitching by Matt Fontaine, (17K's !!!)

However, ECSU certainly didn't knock the leather off the ball, ( 6 hits)
Western Conn          IP  H  R ER BB SO AB BF
-----------------------------------------------
Joe Mangano.........  5.1  3  1  1  2    5 18 22
Josh Murray.........    0.2  1  2  2  2    0  2  5
Alex Zancan.........    1.0  2  2  2  0    0  4  6
Joe Postemsky.......  1.0  0  0  0  0    1  3  3

Eastern Conn           IP  H  R ER BB SO AB BF
Matt Fontaine.......  9.0  3  0  0  1    17 30 31

ECSUalum

Quote from: ECSUalum on April 05, 2008, 09:23:56 PM
Quote from: wordsmith on April 05, 2008, 04:32:48 PM

Yes Wordsmith, Ryan DiPietro was unbelievable, and, as was bad for the evil empire left his jr year.  Might have been 5 National Championships  if he had stayed,.  But you cannot blame him for signing a, what I seem to remember, 300K contract with the Royal organization.
I think Joey Sefass was also released this year from Mets AA organization,  Can someone confirm?

TEE beat WorstConn this afterneen 5-0 on some nice pitching by Matt Fontaine, (17K's !!!)

However, ECSU certainly didn't knock the leather off the ball, ( 6 hits)
Western Conn          IP  H  R ER BB SO AB BF
Joe Mangano.........  5.1  3  1  1  2    5 18 22
Josh Murray.........    0.2  1  2  2  2    0  2  5
Alex Zancan.........    1.0  2  2  2  0    0  4  6
Joe Postemsky.......  1.0  0  0  0  0    1  3  3

Eastern Conn           IP  H  R ER BB SO AB BF
Matt Fontaine.......  9.0  3  0  0  1    17 30 31

Check that,  Meant to note Ryan left his senior year!

ECSUalum

Quote from: kscer on April 05, 2008, 08:31:20 PM
I see Gilblair did not play today. Any one have an update on his condition?

Shawn is out indefinitely with hamstring pull.