BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kscer

Quote from: hockeyfan77 on April 27, 2008, 07:08:23 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on April 27, 2008, 06:54:31 PM
Quote from: KSCfan on April 27, 2008, 01:33:30 AM
to all my esteemed posters correct me if i am wrong here, i am under the impression that the LEC tie breaker is first head to head.  And if that does not work then they start at the top of the conferance and compare how both teams did against that team.  For instance, if say Keene and Southern end in a tie, it first goes to head to head, and since they split it goes to the next team, that being RIC or eastern, if one team sweeps that team then they get that spot, if both have the same record against the best team it goes to the next team in the standings.  I could be wrong but im pretty sure im right on this one, someone back me up please.   So this year it woule be Keene and Southern going head to head first which is a split, so it goes to the next best team and how each team did aginst them.  Im not sure if its RIC or Eastern, but if Keene sweeps Ric which they should it doesnt matter and we are looking at the LEC's in the swamp for the first time ever, and i will be pumped cause i only have to travel five minutes to see the game s instead of the usual two hours to eastern and or southern.  Come on Keeene.  big game this week against wheaton with regional impacts, and also saint joes who was a regional team last year.   this leading to the huge huge weekend dh with ric, once again keenes season coming down to the last dh for hostin and or seeding.  good luck to all LEC teams this week, and i am personally pumped for the tourny should be some great baseball/ some crazy baseball upsets and or games!!!!!!!!1

So is KSCFan correct here?  Any more input..from anyone? Something on the web to provide guidance?

Any predictions for the Bid East tourney.  I think it will be a doosey ;)

Joe espo pitched well today at Western CT.  We will surley need him in the LEC tournament.

Prediction ECSU/Keene final with Keene pulling it out to go to the NE Regional

He is correct...My Predictions is USM over Keen on the LEC...
Without the hex of Stephen King, we have the revenge of Bangor in Keene with Keene taking two on the final day in 80 degree sunshine. Oh let the gods of baseball reign.

ECSUalum

Quote from: kscer on April 27, 2008, 08:03:01 PM
Quote from: hockeyfan77 on April 27, 2008, 07:08:23 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on April 27, 2008, 06:54:31 PM
Quote from: KSCfan on April 27, 2008, 01:33:30 AM
to all my esteemed posters correct me if i am wrong here, i am under the impression that the LEC tie breaker is first head to head.  And if that does not work then they start at the top of the conferance and compare how both teams did against that team.  For instance, if say Keene and Southern end in a tie, it first goes to head to head, and since they split it goes to the next team, that being RIC or eastern, if one team sweeps that team then they get that spot, if both have the same record against the best team it goes to the next team in the standings.  I could be wrong but im pretty sure im right on this one, someone back me up please.   So this year it woule be Keene and Southern going head to head first which is a split, so it goes to the next best team and how each team did aginst them.  Im not sure if its RIC or Eastern, but if Keene sweeps Ric which they should it doesnt matter and we are looking at the LEC's in the swamp for the first time ever, and i will be pumped cause i only have to travel five minutes to see the game s instead of the usual two hours to eastern and or southern.  Come on Keeene.  big game this week against wheaton with regional impacts, and also saint joes who was a regional team last year.   this leading to the huge huge weekend dh with ric, once again keenes season coming down to the last dh for hostin and or seeding.  good luck to all LEC teams this week, and i am personally pumped for the tourny should be some great baseball/ some crazy baseball upsets and or games!!!!!!!!1

So is KSCFan correct here?  Any more input..from anyone? Something on the web to provide guidance?

Any predictions for the Bid East tourney.  I think it will be a doosey ;)

Joe espo pitched well today at Western CT.  We will surley need him in the LEC tournament.

Prediction ECSU/Keene final with Keene pulling it out to go to the NE Regional

He is correct...My Predictions is USM over Keen on the LEC...
Without the hex of Stephen King, we have the revenge of Bangor in Keene with Keene taking two on the final day in 80 degree sunshine. Oh let the gods of baseball reign.

Taking two from whom?

My prediction based on Shawn not being able to pitch.

I think it will be Keene's year to shine, and then move on to kick ass in the CWS

I quess everyone is wondering what the hell I have been smoking... eh!!!??? :o

Can anyone  teach me that wonderful norther NE accent. I want to be a lobstah crackah

kscer

The revenge of Bangor has to be against Eastern.

ballfan101

Usm will be tough once they get their heads on straight again....Once skefington gets out of this slump they should be alright......Burelson is crushing the ball and delphonso is always someone to worry about. ? will be pitching, without henry in the rotation thats going to hurt them.

ecfaninri

Once again, don't be so quick to count out the "Not so TEE". True they banged by Trinity this past week, but they took care of business later in the week. Espo has rebounded with two appearances - with 8 strong innings today. Jags, Fontaine, and Kukucka remain constant up front with Wojick impressive at the end while Gilblair continues to mend up for the tourney. Offensively, newcomers Shault, Dewing and Bass have stepped up big while Hobbes is starting to heat up.  It should be an interesting LEC tourney. 

ECSUalum

Quote from: ecfaninri on April 27, 2008, 11:52:39 PM
Once again, don't be so quick to count out the "Not so TEE". True they banged by Trinity this past week, but they took care of business later in the week. Espo has rebounded with two appearances - with 8 strong innings today. Jags, Fontaine, and Kukucka remain constant up front with Wojick impressive at the end while Gilblair continues to mend up for the tourney. Offensively, newcomers Shault, Dewing and Bass have stepped up big while Hobbes is starting to heat up.  It should be an interesting LEC tourney. 

ecfaninri

You are correct in your review.  I saw Espo pitch this weekend, and he looked his old self.   I believe Joe and Shawn are key to TEE's performance in the LEC tourney. two key pitchers, (hitter/pitcher in case of Gilblair) who has to come through if ECSU is going to win the LEC tourney and advance to NE Regional.  If not then I think Keene State has the edge.  Just trying to be objective here.  Did you see Castillo try to jack one for his Danbury CT homeys who attended the game yesterday?  He was trying too hard.  Also noticed Coach H has him at 3rd base last couple games.  I think good defensive move, he still has some issues with a lot of errors

ecfaninri

I have seen quite a few EConn games during the past 2 seasons and I have yet to see a player who has the love of the game - thoughout the entire game like Castillo. He's always "in the game". Yes there was a rooting section there on Sunday, but they quickly got involved with the whole game. Their positive energy was uplifting for the "Not so TEE" players on and off the field. Coach H continues to try new things including moving Castillo to 3rd and Parke to ss from the outfield. That seemed to work out.
Role players on the roster continue to pick the team up. But I think that a player like Castillo and his enthusiasm funnels done to the younger players.  He looks like he is always trying to hit the ball hard somewhere.
Pressing to impress the crowd - I don't think so..... I think he's just trying to help his team win games. I'm glad he's a "Warrior". Whenever he comes to the plate or whenever he's on base, I get excited because he can be exciting. And that is what the game should be - exciting.  Go Mel!

kscer

Indeed, Castillo is one of those players it is fun to watch. His mistakes in the games are mistakes of exuberance, not laziness. Too bad he plays for TEE, though because the only time I get to see him is when they play KSC and I have to hope he's over-exuberant then.

KSCfan

fyi... keenes game tommorow against the fighting monks has been moved to thursday

KSCfan

You know i was just thinking, lets look at keenes week.  THey have two games this week against the NCAA bound teams.  Wheaton wed, and St Joes Thursday.  then they have arguably the two biggest games of thier season on sat in a dh against a good RIC team.  There is some class conflicts with the game change so i know that keene will not have a full squad against ST Joes.  Real tough week for hte owls coming up should be interesting

wordsmith

Quote from: KSCfan on April 28, 2008, 07:55:11 PM
You know i was just thinking, lets look at keenes week.  THey have two games this week against the NCAA bound teams.  Wheaton wed, and St Joes Thursday.  then they have arguably the two biggest games of thier season on sat in a dh against a good RIC team.  There is some class conflicts with the game change so i know that keene will not have a full squad against ST Joes.  Real tough week for hte owls coming up should be interesting

Class conflicts what does that mean? Are there players not going on the trip because they have classes? KSC has played other Thursday games why is this a conflict now??? Finals play a role in this at all?
Word

ecfaninri

Last time I checked, most schools still have classes, finals, graduation, and travel to worry about. It is part of the deal called college and student athletes. Good luck to all teams in their tourneys and to all student athletes during finals.

363dp

Is the Keene/Wheaton game on Wednesday or Friday? The Wheaton site has it as Friday and TEE in Thursday.

ecfaninri

Jcon8958

Out of curiosty if they tiebreakers are determined by the record of the team vs the other team in that season then why is UMB behind Western Conn since UMB swept they on the opening week of the season that doesnt make sense to me can soem one please explain