BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSCfan

Bill, Laplante has had a real big impact on the owls this year.  He has been a great mid-week pitcher for the Owls.  Im not sure how familiar you are with the little east but, the conferance games are dh on the weekend and traditionally your best 2 guys go then, however, you need great 3,4,5 guys during the tough mid week games that Keene has played.  He consantly this year has gone out and got hte job done for the owls this year during those imporant mid-week games.  I will say that he has had great offense suppourt but everytime that he has gone out to the mound he has taken the ball into at least the 6th or 7th. Hes been a great addition to the rotation, and will compete with Somberg and Riley for a weekend ace spot next year. 

Bill Gorman

Quote from: KSCfan on May 01, 2008, 09:33:26 AM
Bill, Laplante has had a real big impact on the owls this year.  He has been a great mid-week pitcher for the Owls.  Im not sure how familiar you are with the little east but, the conferance games are dh on the weekend and traditionally your best 2 guys go then, however, you need great 3,4,5 guys during the tough mid week games that Keene has played.  He consantly this year has gone out and got hte job done for the owls this year during those imporant mid-week games.  I will say that he has had great offense suppourt but everytime that he has gone out to the mound he has taken the ball into at least the 6th or 7th. Hes been a great addition to the rotation, and will compete with Somberg and Riley for a weekend ace spot next year. 
Thanks.  I am familiar with the league, but wasn't sure on the way the schedule was structured.  Good for him.
Bill Gorman
Associate AD/SID
Wentworth Institute of Technology

wordsmith

Quote from: Bill Gorman on April 30, 2008, 09:12:23 PM
Question for the Keene State Faithful--how has Aaron Laplante been this year.  Obviously I know he's 5-0 with a 2.75, but since I haven't followed much, I wasn't sure where he was in the rotation, etc.  He pitched two years for us (Wentworth) and was 6-1 last year, including a win in a tournament elimination game.  He's a pretty good pitcher and a good kid, so anyone who has followed them a lot more closely and has some insight into how he's been this year would be appreciated.

Aaron is a mid-week pitcher for KSC. His starts have been against some, shall we say, weaker teams (Marian; Albert MayTag, Fitchburger St; PlyWood State; and Westfield State); also he ahs had tremendous run support in his starts. Having not faced the cream of NE teams it is hard to say how he would fare. I like the fact he has a decent walk/innings ratio. He will be tested in the coming days and weeks given St. Joe's, Wheaton and a double dip with the Quahogs of RI; then comes the LEC Tourney and possibly the NC2As.

Check back on his stats in 2 weks for a better verdict.

Player          ERA   W-L   APP  GS  CG SHO/CBO SV    IP   H   R  ER  BB  SO  2B  3B  HR   AB B/Avg   WP HBP  BK  SFA SHA

A. Laplante.2.75   5-0     8      7   0     0/1          0  36.0  35  19  11   8  18   5   1   1     145  .241    1   3   0    0   0

Word
Word

hockeyfan77

USM beat Babson 18-9 today to improve to 27-10(9-3 in the LEC)...Next game Sat vs West Conn(DH)...

wordsmith

The Monks of St. Joe's defeated Keene State 5-4 in 10 innings.
Word

ECSUalum

ECSU over Wheaton 2-1  Fontaine with the win Wojick the save

wordsmith

Quote from: wordsmith on April 27, 2008, 06:21:54 PM
Eye-See where the SwampRats are headed back North to visit the Padres of St. Joe's. Coach Will has the boys in the NC2As again.

Coach HowedoIGettheAdmin2UpgradeRfield has the Boggers on the precipice of an Outright LEC Title.

No Furbush this time and although Standish is a beautiful field, it is a real tough place to play.

Word is predicting  :P uh  :-\ this is a tough one, but its the Padres by a nose.

Monks squeeze by KSC 5-4 in extra innings.

Wheaton will down KSC tonight in a tight match pulling away in the end.  :(
Word

santeezy06

KSC and RIC postponed today, it's going to be tough to get it in this weekend. What happens now?

kscer

Quote from: santeezy06 on May 03, 2008, 10:14:19 AM
KSC and RIC postponed today, it's going to be tough to get it in this weekend. What happens now?
I believe they will play it when they can as long as it has impact on hosting or seeding, even if it is Tuesday. Bad or KSC and RIC. It has been raining here in Keene all night, not very heavy but steady. Maybe they will get lucky and play tomorrow.

wordsmith

Quote from: santeezy06 on May 03, 2008, 10:14:19 AM

Keene State vs Rhode Island has been moved to Franklin Pierce Pappas Field 4pm Sunday. This field is turf and has lights. A great venue for baseball.
Word

USM_Radio_Jim_Ward

Eastern Conn  beat PSU in Game 1 at PSU  4-2

Western 9
USM       8

bot  6th

USM_Radio_Jim_Ward

USM_Radio_Jim_Ward

Western CT - 9
Southern Maine - 9

Bottom of the 8th

USM_Radio_Jim_Ward

WSU   10-17-1
USM   12-17-2

LEFT ON BASE:  USM-11   WSC-17

WP -  Nick Hahn (3-0)
LP -   Brian Scribner  (2-5)

Time of Game:  3:44

USM_Radio_Jim_Ward

Quote from: USM_Radio_Jim_Ward on May 03, 2008, 04:00:05 PM
WSU   10-17-1
USM   12-17-2

LEFT ON BASE:  USM-11   WSC-17

WP -  Nick Hahn (3-0)
LP -   Brian Scribner  (2-5)

Time of Game:  3:44

Records:  USM  28-10 (10-3)  WSU  17-22  (4-9)