BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECSUalum

watching the Trinity/Wheaton game.

Will the Bantams ever lose!!!???

Maybe after they set the record cor consecutive wins ::)

hockeyfan77

Quote from: ECSUalum on May 16, 2008, 06:31:32 PM

Will the Bantams ever lose!!!???

I don't see a team left in the regional that can beat them...But then again stranger things have happened...

MSG77

Quote from: wordsmith on May 16, 2008, 06:26:33 PM
TEEalum,

Thanks for the correction, the LEC site lists him as a Senior, the TEE site has him as a Junior. The rest of the LEC wishes he were a Senior.

Word

From my understanding (on pretty good authority), this is Jags last year.

School wise, he is a graduating senior.  He was on medical redshirt his freshman year, so eligibility wise he is a junior.

But last I heard, his plans were not to go to grad school.  So although he has a year of eligibility left, he won't be enrolled in school so he won't be playing.

I guess that's always subject to change, but that was the last I heard.

kscer

Any thoughts on what happened to KSC. They scored 8 runs in three games. This is  a team that has been scoring close to 1o runs per game. Gingras obviously is a good pitcher having a great year, but not scoring against USM is odd.

hockeyfan77

Quote from: kscer on May 16, 2008, 07:57:25 PM
Any thoughts on what happened to KSC. They scored 8 runs in three games. This is  a team that has been scoring close to 1o runs per game. Gingras obviously is a good pitcher having a great year, but not scoring against USM is odd.

True, they did get 11 hits though: Therrian beat them in the LEC tourney as well...I think he just had their number...

wordsmith

Some thoughts on KSCer's Question about the Swampies:

1) Good pitching stops good hitting; Timmy T got them twice in a week :'(
2) KSC pitching was poor, save for Morin; :-\
3) Their defense was sketchy at best; ???
4) Swampies may have been emotionally flat after the LEC Tourney; :-[
5) Was Dan Moylan, their hitting coach in attendance? His presence, IMO, has a big positive affect on the hitters.  ???
6) Tough to beat USM 3 straight times :(  EddyCubed is a tough team Tip of the hat them.

Word

ECSUalum

Quote from: MSG77 on May 16, 2008, 07:04:17 PM
Quote from: wordsmith on May 16, 2008, 06:26:33 PM
TEEalum,

Thanks for the correction, the LEC site lists him as a Senior, the TEE site has him as a Junior. The rest of the LEC wishes he were a Senior.

Word

From my understanding (on pretty good authority), this is Jags last year.

School wise, he is a graduating senior.  He was on medical redshirt his freshman year, so eligibility wise he is a junior.

But last I heard, his plans were not to go to grad school.  So although he has a year of eligibility left, he won't be enrolled in school so he won't be playing.

I guess that's always subject to change, but that was the last I heard.

Interesting,  I stand corrected!! ???

Thanks MSG77

Word you were correct!!

ecfaninri

LEC fans... EConn 6 Montclair 0 in the second inning. A late start upstate.

met_fan

Anything can happen, but it's hard to see Trinity not coming out of NE at this point.  I really think this is the year Cortland might make it to the championship, but Trinity looks really strong right now.  I see those two teams going at it when finally comes down to the final.

ECSUalum

ECSU eliminated by RPI in New York Regional 14-13 in 10 innings

hockeyfan77

USM beat WNEC 11-0 today to improve to 35-13...Next game tonight vs Wheaton...

YagsUMB

I can't see Trinity losing, at least in the regional tourney. That pitching staff is ridiculous and they have the hitting to go with it. The real question is how good would their record have been if they played an LEC schedule?

Take into account that the NESCAC only allows its teams to play one non-conference game per week to keep their academic integrity, which is a joke. For discussion sake lets say they would play a complete LEC schedule with the average LEC load of weekday games.

Personally I think they would have lost at least 6-7 games based on the fact they would have to run into pitchers like Morin, Conway, Esposito (although he pitched terribly against them this year, i think he could have beat them in conference circumstances), and Schmidt. They would have also had their pitching depth challenged during the week if they played more than one game a week. That being said I still think they're a great team, their players are great people and I hope they win the National Championship.

hockeyfan77

Quote from: YagsUMB on May 17, 2008, 09:23:00 PM
I can't see Trinity losing, at least in the regional tourney. That pitching staff is ridiculous and they have the hitting to go with it. The real question is how good would their record have been if they played an LEC schedule?

Take into account that the NESCAC only allows its teams to play one non-conference game per week to keep their academic integrity, which is a joke. For discussion sake lets say they would play a complete LEC schedule with the average LEC load of weekday games.

Personally I think they would have lost at least 6-7 games based on the fact they would have to run into pitchers like Morin, Conway, Esposito (although he pitched terribly against them this year, i think he could have beat them in conference circumstances), and Schmidt. They would have also had their pitching depth challenged during the week if they played more than one game a week. That being said I still think they're a great team, their players are great people and I hope they win the National Championship.

I would say it's a stretch to say they would have lost 6 or 7 games and they are a great team there is no doubt about that, but if they had played an LEC type schedule I do think they would have lost 1 or 2....They didn't though and you can't take anything away from the players: they can only play the schedule given to them...kudos to them, I do hope that USM somehow does beat them at least once: wishful thinking I know but hey why not...

hockeyfan77

USM beat Wheaton tonight 9-3 to improve to to 36-13...Next game tomorrow against 40-0 Trinity...

YagsUMB

By no means do i think they would have lost 6-7 games in conference but I think some teams would have got the best of them at least once on given weekends. They didn't play a tough FLA schedule at all and their non conference weekday games weren't anything special. That is not the players fault by any means and to go undefeated this deep into the season is a testament to how good they are, regardless of who they played. I play ball with a bunch of them in the summer and they are as good a group of guys as there is out there. I honestly think that they win despite their coach sometimes and that speaks volumes for what kind of TEAM they are. They don't back down from anybody and they would actually be a great fit in the LEC personality-wise. Even though they are school known for academics, most of their players are tough dirtbags and anyone who played in the LEC knows thats a compliment.

That being said, I think the NESCAC was down this year and with the amount of quality teams in NE, I think they could have had a better schedule. And with that better schedule, I believe a few loses would have come their way. But guess what, THEY ARE 40-0! and i hope they win out.