BB: LEC: Little East Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 03:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hockeyfan77 on May 21, 2021, 03:55:20 PM
USM comes from behind 5-0 and 6-5 to walk of Eastern Conn (32-6) 7-6 on a Cam Seymour 2 run blast in an incredible series of easily the two best teams in New England: USM is now 31-9 and LEC Champs

Recap/Box Score

https://southernmainehuskies.com/news/2021/5/21/baseball-huskies-come-back-to-win-lec-title-7-6-on-seymour-hr.aspx

Next up for USM:

A #1 Seed in the New England Region next week!
It is that time of year, hockeyfan77!   +1  Good luck to the LEC teams.

amh63

ECSUAlum......see your baseball team is having a fine season.  Saw news that the Baseball Warriors were doing well in the post season....NCAA.  Came about the info in a "circular" way of sorts.  Was on Tuft's Jumbo site wrt their plans to upgrade their football field....this led to their baseball team news.....representing the NESCAC in the NCAA (Amherst won the Nescac title in baseball but decided not to proceed any further, leaving Tufts the "open" spot).  Anyway, next I recognized the Warriors' HC.....Brian Hamm.
In any case, glad to see Hamm is returning to coaching and his "roots".
Hope to attend some live sporting events in NE this Fall and just maybe some live basketball games in the Winter......maybe even near you.
Take care.

ECSUalum

Quote from: amh63 on May 25, 2021, 04:40:13 PM
ECSUAlum......see your baseball team is having a fine season.  Saw news that the Baseball Warriors were doing well in the post season....NCAA.  Came about the info in a "circular" way of sorts.  Was on Tuft's Jumbo site wrt their plans to upgrade their football field....this led to their baseball team news.....representing the NESCAC in the NCAA (Amherst won the Nescac title in baseball but decided not to proceed any further, leaving Tufts the "open" spot).  Anyway, next I recognized the Warriors' HC.....Brian Hamm.
In any case, glad to see Hamm is returning to coaching and his "roots".
Hope to attend some live sporting events in NE this Fall and just maybe some live basketball games in the Winter......maybe even near you.
Take care.

Hello Sir, great to hear from you, it has been a long time.  We are very happy to have Middlebury College alum, and ex Amherst coach Brian Hamm!  As I am a big financial and overall supporter of ECSU in general and Warrior baseball in particular, My wife and I have gotten to know Brian and his wonderful wife pretty well, he is a great guy, and the players love him!  Interesting that Amherst baseball will not play in the NCAA Regionals?!.  Anyway good to hear from you and stay in touch!!   

hockeyfan77

USM downed Johnson & Wales 17-2 today to improve to 32-9 on the season

Recap/Box Score
https://southernmainehuskies.com/news/2021/5/27/baseball-top-seeded-southern-maine-rolls-past-johnson-wales-17-2.aspx

Up Next for USM

Friday May 28 vs Wheaton/Salve Regina loser @ 2:30

ECSUalum

Hamm replaces Billy Oldham, who was pitching brilliantly today, with Zach Player who hasn't pitched in months in an elimination game and blows the game open for Cortland St in the 8th inning.  Unless the anemic Warrior hitting can come back it's 2 and your through in Auburn NY for ECSU.  What a disappointing post season!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Eastern loses 3-0, and is eliminated!!  Feel bad for Billy Oldham and Josh Vincent who pitched brilliantly in the tournament but got ZERO support from the offense!

hockeyfan77

USM couldn't complete the comeback falling to Salve Regina 5-4: USM is now 32-10 on the season

Recap/Box Score

https://southernmainehuskies.com/news/2021/5/28/baseball-ncaa-regional-salve-regina-holds-off-southern-maine-5-4.aspx

Next Up For USM

Saturday May 29 vs Wheaton/Oswego Loser @ 11, then if they win they have to play the winner of Wheaton/Oswego @ 6

hockeyfan77

USM defeated Oswego 4-0 and Wheaton 4-1 today to improve to 34-10 on the season

Recap/Box Score(s)

https://southernmainehuskies.com/news/2021/5/29/baseball-ncaa-regional-tournament-southern-maine-shuts-out-oswego-4-0-to-stay-alive.aspx

https://southernmainehuskies.com/news/2021/5/30/baseball-sinclair-southern-maine-down-wheaton-4-1.aspx

Next Up for USM

Sunday May 30 vs Salve/Wheaton Winner @ 3:00?

ECSUalum

Flaherty uses ace starter Ben Lambert as long reliever in championship (elimination) game vs Wheaton who now leads 2-0 in the 5th.  Flaherty a crafty old school coach knows that all hands on deck, (use your starting pitching in relief), is in order when the game and advancement is on the line!!!!!!!!  ECSU needs to learn from Coach Flaherty's strategies

hockeyfan77

Quote from: ECSUalum on May 31, 2021, 02:30:01 PM
Flaherty uses ace starter Ben Lambert as long reliever in championship (elimination) game vs Wheaton who now leads 2-0 in the 5th.  Flaherty a crafty old school coach knows that all hands on deck, (use your starting pitching in relief), is in order when the game and advancement is on the line!!!!!!!!  ECSU needs to learn from Coach Flaherty's strategies

It was set-up so well for USM: Joy hadn't pitched since he plunked a ECSU batter and got suspended 4 games in the LEC tourney....He pitched well, but his throwing error was the difference in the game:  USM had the pitching depth to make a heck of a run but the bats just weren't up to where they have been in past seasons: I'm still shocked that ECSU went 2 and barbeque as I thought they were easily one of the top two teams in New England   

hockeyfan77

USM can't get the bats going in a continued theme of the season and fall to Wheaton 2-1 and end the season 34-11

ECSUalum

Quote from: hockeyfan77 on May 31, 2021, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: ECSUalum on May 31, 2021, 02:30:01 PM

It was set-up so well for USM: Joy hadn't pitched since he plunked a ECSU batter and got suspended 4 games in the LEC tourney....He pitched well, but his throwing error was the difference in the game:  USM had the pitching depth to make a heck of a run but the bats just weren't up to where they have been in past seasons: I'm still shocked that ECSU went 2 and barbeque as I thought they were easily one of the top two teams in New England   
Hockey,
Eastern had a bloated team batting average this season because they faced really poor pitching, (except USM), this year in the LEC and some other weak teams on their schedule. Broadhurst was 0 for 8 in the regionals which sunk the Warriors.  If it wasn't for Masagno, the Regional BA would have been below .100!!   ECSU starting pitching was the real star this year, (bullpen not so much).  Coach Flaherty mentioned in an interview at Eastern that USM's team BA was .311 over the last month of the season and I believe together with the pitching of Lambert and Aftim became the best team in the NE.  Unfortunately USM ran into an excellent Wheaton squad who showed excellent pitching and outstanding defense today.  USM hit the ball hard today but right at people and the Wheaton CF'er really flashed the leather today saving doubles or triples for I think Triano and Hillier or Hapworth, and Cam's 430 ft bomb was with nobody on base.  Wheaton escaped by the skin of their teeth today IMHO!   Another great season for USM and Coach Flaherty is one of the best in college baseball.  Should be interesting next year as both ECSU and USM are losing some quality players, hopefully ECSU backfills as I know USM always does!!

hockeyfan77

Deepest set of arms USM has had since 97: Just frustrating that the bats couldn't keep up...They did hit the ball well the last 3 quarters of the season and given Wheaton credit, they made some awesome plays in the field yesterday

wordsmith

Keene State has named Justin Blood as its new Head Coach. I know Justin and this is a great move for KSC. New sheriff in town - watch this program turn around and become competitive again. Congratulations Justin and go Birds
https://keeneowls.com/sports/baseball
Word

AllStar

Quote from: wordsmith on July 13, 2021, 02:17:35 PM
Keene State has named Justin Blood as its new Head Coach. I know Justin and this is a great move for KSC. New sheriff in town - watch this program turn around and become competitive again. Congratulations Justin and go Birds
https://keeneowls.com/sports/baseball

Looking forward to seeing what Justin can do with the program!