D3baseball.com > 2010 season

2010 World Series in Appleton...

(1/104) > >>

BigPoppa:
Nice article in today's Appleton Post-Crescent about the baseball championships in Appleton.

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20100223/APC0201/2230536/Organizers-step-to-plate-for-tournament

diviiibbjunkie:
Here is hoping that Appleton retains the WS.  They have treated us with the utmost hospitality in the 3 years my son has been there and I am speaking with experience when I say Eastlake is a dump.

CrashDavisD3:
Appleton WI and Fox Cities stadium is an outstanding location and venue.

They know how to host this event with outstanding staff, city and volunteers they  know how to do it right.

I can not believe that Eastlake can match what Appleton has to offer. It is amazing experience for the players, coaches, fans, parents and friends to see and be part of.

Outstanding host families, great dinner reception, nice hotels, places to eat and visits. Beautiful area. and great places to gather to visit and celebrate

My vote is to when it's not broke dont fix it. Appleton does it right so it should stay there.

I have been so very lucky to be there several times and hope for one last visit and each time it was a priceless memory and experience.

BigPoppa:
As a player who reached the World Series three times (twice in Battle Creek and once in Salem) I can tell you how sad it was to see only 150-200 fans in the stands at those two settings. Today's games are played in front of 1500-2500 fans and that is great as a player. Appleton has done it right and continues to get local fan support to back the games being there. I think the NCAA would be hard-pressed to find a better venue and support staff than they currently have.

dgilblair:

--- Quote from: BigPoppa on February 23, 2010, 01:42:46 pm ---As a player who reached the World Series three times (twice in Battle Creek and once in Salem) I can tell you how sad it was to see only 150-200 fans in the stands at those two settings. Today's games are played in front of 1500-2500 fans and that is great as a player. Appleton has done it right and continues to get local fan support to back the games being there. I think the NCAA would be hard-pressed to find a better venue and support staff than they currently have.

--- End quote ---

Well said......been there a couple times ( not for very long either time) but it is a great park and everything you could need is right there.  Awesome city!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version