FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma17

Quote from: bleedpurple on April 30, 2021, 02:38:39 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on April 30, 2021, 10:42:33 AM
Wonder who's he taking with him?

Great question. The guy who writes articles for the primary Buffalo fan website/message board is advocating they hire Borland as Head Coach immediately and attempt to keep as much of the staff as they can. I'm guessing he goes with Lance. I don't see him settling in Buffalo forever without him.

I wonder if Borland desires the HC role. On one hand it seems like it would be the right scenario for his transition to HC.
On the other hand, what an opportunity for him as DC to build a defense at KU.

WW

Quote from: emma17 on April 30, 2021, 05:49:44 PM
Quote from: bleedpurple on April 30, 2021, 02:38:39 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on April 30, 2021, 10:42:33 AM
Wonder who's he taking with him?

Great question. The guy who writes articles for the primary Buffalo fan website/message board is advocating they hire Borland as Head Coach immediately and attempt to keep as much of the staff as they can. I'm guessing he goes with Lance. I don't see him settling in Buffalo forever without him.

I wonder if Borland desires the HC role. On one hand it seems like it would be the right scenario for his transition to HC.
On the other hand, what an opportunity for him as DC to build a defense at KU.

I wonder which opportunity results in a better paycheck. My guess is they'd be close, and likely favor KU. He's not a young guy. I'm generally pleased to see these D3 guys (and their families) enjoy the benefits of success. There's a path. So many of these assistants co-opting a position in admissions/maintenance/whatever with coaching, working on a $10k-$15k contract. No personal knowledge, but I think Borland has lived that life.

02 Warhawk

KitchenSink

What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

bleedpurple

Lance addresses KU:

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/1388313445582483459?s=20

And Quinn shows the attitude that has brought him to this point.  "Screw those guys". :)

https://twitter.com/IKE_Packers/status/1388280840526958599?s=20

Congrats to both Warhawks!!

02 Warhawk

Another Warhawk alumn in the news.

The latest out of Green Bay is Rodgers' "last straw" with management was when they cut Kumerow.

emma17

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on May 03, 2021, 03:53:43 PM

The latest out of Green Bay is Rodgers' "last straw" with management was when they cut Kumerow.

I'm starting to like that guy Rogers.
I do understand his point a bit. One day he's publicly very complementary of a receiver (Kumerow) as reliable, and shortly thereafter, the receiver is released. It's no secret QB's need to trust their guys to be in the right place.

WW

Quote from: emma17 on May 03, 2021, 06:30:15 PM

I do understand his point a bit. One day he's publicly very complementary of a receiver (Kumerow) as reliable, and shortly thereafter, the receiver is released. It's no secret QB's need to trust their guys to be in the right place.

I'm not sure I'm buying what Rodgers is selling here. He now is aware that he's losing the PR battle with fans (he got booed at the Brewer game the other day when his commercial popped up on the scoreboard). He is also well aware that cutting Whitewater Jesus was an unpopular move among the Packer fan base. This feels a bit like a contrived attempt to re-align himself with the fanbase, and remind the fanbase that management is the bad guy that cut Kumerow.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: WW on May 05, 2021, 09:53:05 AM
Quote from: emma17 on May 03, 2021, 06:30:15 PM

I'm not sure I'm buying what Rodgers is selling here. He now is aware that he's losing the PR battle with fans (he got booed at the Brewer game the other day when his commercial popped up on the scoreboard). He is also well aware that cutting Whitewater Jesus was an unpopular move among the Packer fan base. This feels a bit like a contrived attempt to re-align himself with the fanbase, and remind the fanbase that management is the bad guy that cut Kumerow.

Him and his buddy, Ryan Braun, are perfect for each other. Two once great players destroying their own image.

emma17

Putting aside the unfortunate hard feelings at the end/toward the end of their days w Green Bay, who would you rather have in their prime, Favre or Rogers?

As Bears' fans, we don't face a question like this.

BoBo

Quote from: emma17 on May 07, 2021, 02:48:12 PM
Putting aside the unfortunate hard feelings at the end/toward the end of their days w Green Bay, who would you rather have in their prime, Favre or Rogers?

Right, the question you face sounds more like - Chad Hutchison or Kordell Stewart  ;D
I'VE REACHED THAT AGE
WHERE MY BRAIN GOES
FROM "YOU PROBABLY
SHOULDN'T SAY THAT," TO
"WHAT THE HELL, LET'S SEE
WHAT HAPPENS."

WW

Hmm. Idk. Favre was more fun, I guess. Both got wrecked by fame and became d*cks.

OzJohnnie

Fav-ray every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
[  

gbpuckfan

Favre was more exciting to watch, perhaps, but Rodgers never would throw six interceptions in one game. In that regard, Rodgers is a better player.

Favre, Holmgren, Reggie and Wolf may always get more love because they resurrected a moribund franchise. And that's Ok.

But for which QB may give you a better chance to win any game, I might lean towards Rodgers.

St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

02 Warhawk

Agreed...Rodgers was better. Rodgers is much smarter with a fraction of the ints.