FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray Fox

Quote from: olddog on April 26, 2021, 01:04:24 PM
So UR has to recruit a new president out of South Carolina....I really wonder why you could not find someone from So Cal...understands all the dynamics...
I can remember when SCIAC schools did not have to look so hard for help. I sure hope we do not get some La Verne type hype videos.
I just checked it out.  It is a women's college for undergrads and coed for graduates.

"Converse will add men's sports when it becomes fully coeducational in July 2021, initially fielding teams in basketball, cross country, soccer, tennis, track and field (indoor and outdoor), and eSports (Co-Ed). With the "Valkyries" nickname being distinctly feminine, the school has not yet announced whether it will use that nickname for its men's teams, adopt a separate men's nickname, or change its nickname entirely.[6]"
Fierce When Roused

wildcat11

Quote from: olddog on April 26, 2021, 01:04:24 PM
So UR has to recruit a new president out of South Carolina....I really wonder why you could not find someone from So Cal...understands all the dynamics...
I can remember when SCIAC schools did not have to look so hard for help. I sure hope we do not get some La Verne type hype videos.

Thanks Dawg...I didn't know La Verne was putting out football vids.  Checked em out.  Decent but it's void of connection to the viewer, IMO. Spends too much time on transitions, textures, and edits to make it very compelling.

d-train

wildcat11

Quote from: d-train on April 27, 2021, 10:01:05 PM
Well...what are your consulting rates, 11?

Typically a summer camp t-shirt and maybe a hot dog.

olddog

Maynard's contract expires in June sometime, then I am guessing we some BS from the School. School offering summer school and back on campus full swing. I guess they had insight from Gavin and his recall team thing would open up 6-15
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

wildcat11

Maybe it's silly to read this much into a coaching staff page but CLU still hasn't removed Mac or listed Lugo as the interim HC.  Lugo doesn't even have a bio.  On top of that, according to the page, there is only three coaches on CLU's staff?  Either the SID is asleep at the wheel or CLU football is in the mud.

https://www.clusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index

olddog

Covid, they sent coaches packing ....Redlands went to part time

Jack Parkman

Quote from: wildcat11 on May 14, 2021, 05:52:15 PM
Maybe it's silly to read this much into a coaching staff page but CLU still hasn't removed Mac or listed Lugo as the interim HC.  Lugo doesn't even have a bio.  On top of that, according to the page, there is only three coaches on CLU's staff?  Either the SID is asleep at the wheel or CLU football is in the mud.

https://www.clusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index

The SID there stinks 

wildcat11

Quote from: olddog on May 14, 2021, 07:02:15 PM
Covid, they sent coaches packing ....Redlands went to part time

Ugh....too bad. I saw a news clip of Mac at his new gig and he's ready to show these kids how to be a man.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGCM3cd-oos

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 14, 2021, 07:08:39 PM
The SID there stinks 

Embarrassing

olddog

Jim Good has been named the interim HC for 2021, still waiting on UR....

Gray Fox

Posted in Future of Division 3

Redlands is the latest to cut costs by reducing staffing as a result of declining attendance (nearly a 20% loss since 2019).   34 positions (of which 18 were already vacant) will be eliminated.   

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2021/06/04/enrollment-declines-at-university-of-redlands-prompt-layoffs-reorganization/
Fierce When Roused

Gray Fox

The university's enrollment has been declining since 2015. The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated that trend last year, resulting in a $13 million deficit and prompting the need for staff reductions and reorganization. Enrollment for the 2021-22 year will be 3,989, down from 4,033 in 2020-21.
Fierce When Roused

Gray Fox

Ron Boerger posted the Forbes College Financial Grades article in The Future of DIII
Here are the grades for SCIAC Schools: for 2021 based on pre COVID data:
                                                   Financial GPA       Financial Grade
Pomona                                        4.50                     A+
   Pitzer                                         3.55                     A-
Claremont                                    4.50                      A+
    Mudd                                         4.50                  A+
    Scripps                                       4.34                   A+
CIT                                               4.25                    A+
Oxy                                               3.71                    A-
Chapman                                        2.73                   B-
LaVerne                                         2.34                   C+
CLU                                               2.20                   C+
Whittier                                          2.14                  C
Redlands                                       1.88                    C

Fierce When Roused

10Freeway

I agree with that. UR has a bad practice of over hiring when times are going well.  The alumni were told that the University is laying off 34 people, 18 of which are positions that people have left and the spot won't be rehired.  When the executive cabinet is getting huge raises, the students and school will suffer. 
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Dr. Doolittle

The D3 football rankings and All-region/All-American team are very East Coast bias!  And yes, the Cal Lu SID stinks.