BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PauldingLightUP

Pat and Jim, the top six teams are qualifying the for WIAC tournament this year, which is incorrectly stated on the d3b Playoff Central page.

https://wiacsports.com/news/2021/3/17/2021-wiac-baseball-preview.aspx

4v5 and 3v6 on May 19 for single games.

Then double elimination at UWW on 21st and 22nd.

Unless, maybe you all have heard different from the league, please correct me.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: PauldingLightUP on April 30, 2021, 12:05:17 PM
Pat and Jim, the top six teams are qualifying the for WIAC tournament this year, which is incorrectly stated on the d3b Playoff Central page.

https://wiacsports.com/news/2021/3/17/2021-wiac-baseball-preview.aspx

4v5 and 3v6 on May 19 for single games.

Then double elimination at UWW on 21st and 22nd.

Unless, maybe you all have heard different from the league, please correct me.

Thanks for the info

ShineTime

Is this the best pointer offense since Jordan Zimmerman's freshman year or is the competition not all that great? Sure looks like Simmons, Nelson, and Comer are one of the top 2-4 hitters in the nation.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Eau Claire gets their first WIAC win against someone other than Finlandia, and they do it in stunning fashion!

Not only did they defeat Whitewater, who was recently ranked the #1 team in the Midwest Region, they did it via the "mercy rule" winning 11-1 in seven innings.  To top it off, they defeated previously unbeaten Westin Muir, who entered the contest with a perfect 7-0 record.

To say this result was the most surprising of the 2021 WIAC Baseball season might be a bit of an understatement!
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

ShineTime

Nat Richter coach of year anyone??? Wasn't Point picked to finish behind Finladia this year and here their the best team in the WIAC?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

ShineTime

One things for sure I won't ever look at d3 baseball top 25 again zero credibility not having UWSP in the top 25 when their in first in the best conference in country and split with the supposed number 4 team. That was my laugh for the week I'd like to know a team that can put a lineup out like Points it's not happening.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on May 14, 2021, 12:07:58 AM
Nat Richter coach of year anyone??? Wasn't Point picked to finish behind Finladia this year and here their the best team in the WIAC?
There wasn't a WIAC preseason poll, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from....

As far as "best team in the WIAC", since they are tied with Whitewater, couldn't the Warhawks also say the same thing?

tomt4525

UWSP isn't the best team in the WIAC, that still belongs to Whitewater.  Yes, they are tied in the standings but UWSP can't compete with the pitching depth that Whitewater has.  Lets not forget that Whitewater is 4-0 over the Pointers in non-conference matchups.

With that being said, I am definitely pleasantly surprised with this years team considering it is mostly made up of holdovers from Jirschele's poor teams.  The last full season in 2019, a lot of these same players managed to lose a game to Finlandia.  Richter definitely deserves Coach of the Year and Jirschele deserves more criticism than I even give him.

badgerwarhawk

Regardless of the tie breaker and seeding WHITEWATER will host the conference tournament.  My understanding is that the same spectator policy that applied during the season will be enforce for the conference tournament.   Unless, of course, it changes between now and then. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

KitchenSink

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on May 14, 2021, 04:51:14 PM
Regardless of the tie breaker and seeding WHITEWATER will host the conference tournament.  My understanding is that the same spectator policy that applied during the season will be enforce for the conference tournament.   Unless, of course, it changes between now and then.

What is the spectator policy? Crossed my mind to maybe check out the conf tourn if the weather is nice.
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

ShineTime

Pointers are the 1 seed for Wiac tourney and aren't ranked but Whitewater is #4 in nation and seeded 2.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on May 16, 2021, 12:33:46 AM
Pointers are the 1 seed for Wiac tourney and aren't ranked but Whitewater is #4 in nation and seeded 2.
Maybe because Stevens Point is 2-6 against Whitewater on the season?

ShineTime

By no means am I saying Whitewater shouldn't be ranked or Point should be in front of them. My point is they are a 30 win team who tied for first in the wiac and their not ranked in top 25 and it's a joke. There's no way the Pointers with the offense they have along with having an elite ace in Schultz that their not at least 20-25th best team.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Jim Dixon

Expectations for UWW is why they are ranked and UWSP is not.  Hard to move up the poll when the season is shorter when your expectations were low.  Check out La Roche who is fighting to get into the top 25 with just one loss.

Quote from: ShineTime on May 16, 2021, 11:36:21 PM
By no means am I saying Whitewater shouldn't be ranked or Point should be in front of them. My point is they are a 30 win team who tied for first in the wiac and their not ranked in top 25 and it's a joke. There's no way the Pointers with the offense they have along with having an elite ace in Schultz that their not at least 20-25th best team.

sconsin fan

Speaking of UWW and UWSP, does anyone know why UWSP is the #1 seed and UWW #2 in the WIAC tournament?  Not a big issue, just curious, since I thought head-to-head record was the first tie breaker used.  Both teams very impressive!