FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BashMan

Have any of the coaches talked about how the limited high school season last year effected recruiting? 

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Dr. Acula

Quote from: ADL70 on July 20, 2021, 11:44:21 AM
Things are looking up at Oberlin with 33 incoming first-year players.

https://goyeo.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=class

5 OL and 4 DL in there too to hopefully provide much needed depth in the trenches.  Good to see.

BashMan

Out of 8,126 points in the pre-season poll the NCAC received 33 points.  Hope that lack of respect motivates us.

MUC57

Quote from: BashMan on August 19, 2021, 11:22:00 AM
Out of 8,126 points in the pre-season poll the NCAC received 33 points.  Hope that lack of respect motivates us.

BashMan

Not to worry. We all know you're better than that. Go Little Giants!  :D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

wabashcpa

Quote from: MUC57 on August 19, 2021, 02:00:10 PM
Quote from: BashMan on August 19, 2021, 11:22:00 AM

BashMan

Not to worry. We all know you're better than that. Go Little Giants!  :D

If ever a pre-season poll was a crap shoot, it would be this one.  Two years worth of players with no experience, and two years worth of classes with minimal experience.  Hang your hat on traditional powers and throw darts at the rest.

BashMan

If ever a pre-season poll was a crap shoot, it would be this one.  Two years worth of players with no experience, and two years worth of classes with minimal experience.  Hang your hat on traditional powers and throw darts at the rest.
[/quote]

That's a wise suggestion.  Thanks for helping put it into perspective.

HCAlum86

Quote from: BashMan on May 24, 2021, 08:31:32 PM
Have any of the coaches talked about how the limited high school season last year effected recruiting?

Yes, actually. There was a focus on camps - and with limited film, recruiting required imagination; i.e. determining if athleticism would translate to position-appropriate skill. Moreover, more time was spent talking to coaches about the person.
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

WashJeff68

Just announced  by The PAC and Allegheny College that Allegheny is returning to The PAC for all sports effective next year. Geography/travel appeared to be drivers.  Unless there are other shoes to drop PAC teams will have a full schedule of Conference play and NCAC teams will have two non-conference games.
Older than Springtime...Younger than dirt

wabashcpa

Quote from: WashJeff68 on August 23, 2021, 03:55:15 PM
Just announced  by The PAC and Allegheny College that Allegheny is returning to The PAC for all sports effective next year. Geography/travel appeared to be drivers.  Unless there are other shoes to drop PAC teams will have a full schedule of Conference play and NCAC teams will have two non-conference games.

Can't say that I blame them, or that this bothers me greatly.  Selfishly, I would love to see a CCIW team on the non-con schedule (Illinois Wesleyan would be optimal, good team, easy travel), and this would open up an opportunity.

Li'l Giant

That's bad news for my annual lunch bet with a friend who played at Allegheny. We'll have to bet on something else I guess.
"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

HCAlum86

Quote from: WashJeff68 on August 23, 2021, 03:55:15 PM

I think the PAC has shown that upward mobility is more attainable for teams as well. There are 5 PAC teams with an 8+ win season since 2018. I think this is the right move for Allegheny, as their inclusion in the NCAC honestly didn't make much sense to begin with.

I'd love for the NCAC to renew the UAA alliance with this departure, but that's a whole 'nother ball that would need to be untangled.
July 13, 1904
Hiram College wins the inter-collegiate basketball world championship at the World's Fair Universal Exposition Olympic Games in St. Louis, Missouri. Final score: Hiram, 25; Latter Day Saints University, 18.

HCAlum86

Hiram has a Friday night game to open the season. Does anyone have any background on Bethany? I'm curious what my expectation should be.
July 13, 1904

WashJeff68

In recent years Bethany has typically hovered around the 500 mark. They have surprised a few teams over the past few years but they are no match for the better teams in the conference. They were picked 8th of 10 in the PAC PreSeason poll.

As I recall,  Hiram was in the PAC in the 70s and 80s.
Older than Springtime...Younger than dirt

HCAlum86

Quote from: WashJeff68 on August 25, 2021, 05:55:37 PM
In recent years Bethany has typically hovered around the 500 mark. They have surprised a few teams over the past few years but they are no match for the better teams in the conference. They were picked 8th of 10 in the PAC PreSeason poll.

As I recall,  Hiram was in the PAC in the 70s and 80s.

That they were - we've long been nomads. We've also thrice been members of the OAC
July 13, 1904