BB: UMAC: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xyz123

"Yea would be a great idea if you can win every game but not likely so not really a great  idea. Im not sure if it would be legal but dont see why it wouldnt be"

I'm pretty sure that the worst scrub team that Scholastica would put together would still easily be able to be the likes of Crown and Martin Luther.  I've seen these teams play before, alot of  high school teams would kill them.

BaseballFan

Quote from: xyz123 on April 09, 2008, 09:33:58 AM
"Yea would be a great idea if you can win every game but not likely so not really a great  idea. Im not sure if it would be legal but dont see why it wouldnt be"

I'm pretty sure that the worst scrub team that Scholastica would put together would still easily be able to be the likes of Crown and Martin Luther.  I've seen these teams play before, alot of  high school teams would kill them.

This is true! Still its pretty hard to go perfect every day

bigbadbaseballman

actually scholastica does usually throw out 3 totally different lineups when they play the bottom of that league and they throw the bottom half of the rotation to eat up innings

OshDude

Nice start for Bethany. LOL. Five pitchers combined for a 7-inning no-no against North Central in the opener for both teams at the Dome. Bethany won game two, 10-1.

BaseballFan

Quote from: OshDude on February 10, 2009, 10:06:58 AM
Nice start for Bethany. LOL. Five pitchers combined for a 7-inning no-no against North Central in the opener for both teams at the Dome. Bethany won game two, 10-1.

Thanks Oshdude for picking up my slack on the UMAC

Just Bill

"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

biggio34

This board is lonely and needs alittle run.  If you are bored at work today, CSS is playing Bethany in a double header at 1pm (CST) and the games are on the radio. 

You can stream it from here http://www.webc560.com/common/gap_streamer.php

Bethany has been having a pretty good year and they are undefeated in conference play heading into today's games.  Likely whoever wins this series will win the conference.

Judging on the box scores from earlier in the week, Bethany used the #1 on Tuesday vs MLC, but CSS should have their top guns ready to throw today.  This is about as good as it gets in the UMAC.

biggio34

Saints lead Bethany 8-2 after 4 innings in game 1.  Lots of unearned runs for CSS as Bethany has been sloppy in the field.

biggio34

Saints lead 9-2 going into bottom of 7, put in a sophomore pitcher who is not a regular, he doesn't record an out, they kick it around, balls hit kids in the face, but they get a big double play and hold on to win 9-7 with the winning run on base for Bethany.

dukes

Sounds like quite the thriller for the UMAC. Seems like a typical St. Scholastica game, that they can get a lead early, get their young guys some work, and always stop it if it looks like it is getting out of hand. Even though the young guys may have a rough time early, it is probably why so many are successful when upperclassmen. Thanks for the updates on the web.

biggio34

CSS won game 2 yesterday against Bethany 11-1, sounded like they cleaned up the D and the bats came to life.  Saints are 7-0 in UMAC and Bethany is now 5-2 in second place in the conference standings.  CSS takes on Morris in a DH today at 2pm and it will be on the air again.

schmolph

CSS pounded Minnesota Morris twice yesterday 12-0 and 10-2.Lots of guys saw action for the Saints.

dukes

Honestly, I dont really consider that a pounding.

schmolph

biggio34

Quote from: dukes on April 11, 2009, 10:14:22 PM
Honestly, I dont really consider that a pounding.

What would you consider a pounding?