FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BSCpanthers

BSCpanthers

Very nice, always good to see schools growing and improving educational needs and facilities.  Looks great.

WilsonField

early feelers for next year? W&L and Macon graduate a lot. Sydney QB back for a 6(?)th year. Ferrum and Shenandoah look to be on the rise

Macon

Quote from: WilsonField on May 26, 2022, 12:24:51 PM
early feelers for next year? W&L and Macon graduate a lot. Sydney QB back for a 6(?)th year. Ferrum and Shenandoah look to be on the rise
I think the Jackets will be just fine, probably better than last year.  The offense is young, most skilled players last year were sophomores.  On defense, there were some graduation loses, but lots returns as well.  The biggest question for RMC will be the kicking game, losing a four year starter at punting and kicking.  RMC is #21 preseason in Lindy's.  Hearing that WLU lost a lot via graduation does make me happy.

WilsonField

Better than last year is a lofty statement, if true scary as the jackets were quite the team a year ago. By my count almost the entire front 7 graduates including the DPOY (thank goodness for the rest of the league). Lose the OPOY but Macon will always have a talented RB and a new QB, i know the sophomore took over midseason. Excited to see how the Generals reload!

WilsonField

Looking back at the W&L game 2 deep. Macon looks to return 2 offensive linemen, and 2 wide receivers ( I know the QB changed midseason so he will be back though I thought Egbers gave them a big edge in QB run game stuff). And 1 linebacker, 2 safeties, and one corner. I know the generals lose a lot in the offensive and defensive backfield. Looks like the odac will be wide open. Ready for the fall!

HSCTiger fan

2 deep is fun to talk about but it won't matter. HSC returned 10 starters on offense in 2019 and went 1-9. Granted they weren't the best team in 2018 but they scored points in '18 averaging just over 30 points per game.  In 2019 they averaged less than 17.  This is 1 example of many. I used to look at these type things every year. But it's early June and we are talking football. Life is good!
Hampden Sydney College
ODAC Champions 77, 82, 83, 87, 07, 09, 11, 13, 14
NCAA Playoffs - 77, 07, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14
The "Game" 60 wins and counting...
11/18/2018 Wally referred to me as Chief and admitted "I don't know about that!"

Macon

Regardless of any player analysis, the only position that matters to me is the HC.  As long as Coach Arruza is at RMC, he'll put a competitive team on the field.

Macon

Does anyone have scrimmage news from Saturday for ODAC teams?

HSCTiger74

Better late than never, this year's ODAC Pick-ems are now posted. My apologies for once again almost letting week 1 slip past me.
TANSTAAFL

y_jack_lok

^^^ Thanks for being willing to undertake this task again. I had fun in my first season last year, so will be giving it a go again this season/

83LittleGiant

Hampden-Sydney Fans Heading to Wabash:

There are going to be lots of tailgates for the 1st home game of the year.  The men of Phi Delta Theta would welcome you to drop by their tailgate for some mexican food and drinks.  I was lucky enough to meet some  of you when I attended the game on your campus a few years ago and we would like to return the favor.  Our "official" tailgating area is located south (and across the street) from the football stadium.  It is fenced in and we will most likely be located in NE corner of that fenced area, along the street. Feel free drop in and tell them Jim invited you.

Safe travels.

jknezek

Quote from: 83LittleGiant on August 31, 2022, 11:37:49 PM
Hampden-Sydney Fans Heading to Wabash:

There are going to be lots of tailgates for the 1st home game of the year.  The men of Phi Delta Theta would welcome you to drop by their tailgate for some mexican food and drinks.  I was lucky enough to meet some  of you when I attended the game on your campus a few years ago and we would like to return the favor.  Our "official" tailgating area is located south (and across the street) from the football stadium.  It is fenced in and we will most likely be located in NE corner of that fenced area, along the street. Feel free drop in and tell them Jim invited you.

Safe travels.

Man... the first time the Testosterone Bowl was played it was such a big deal. H-SC was coming off that trip to Linfield in the playoffs, they had won 8 games or more in 6 of the last 7 seasons with several conference championships. But times have changed since that series wrapped up with first a good game, then a really bad one. Hardly any chatter about H-SC since they have only won 6 games once in the last 6 seasons.