BB: Regionals (Mid-Atlantic) Newark '08, Lakewood '09, Trenton '10, Kean '11

Started by Ralph Turner, May 11, 2008, 11:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heat23

Quote from: Hammer Ball on May 20, 2010, 02:30:05 PM
Not scouts -   student-athletes on the rosters but not allowed to dress because of conference or NCAA rules.  I believe there are 24 eligible players allowed in the dugout and a certain number (6 or 8) of other people, coaches included.  Keystone has 40+ on its roster and JHU has 50+.  Leaving many to watch from the stands.

There was one radar gun present yesterday.  And for the 1st game only.

Hammerball what is their conference roster limit? I know of teams with 45-50 guys who travel everywhere including the early spring trip with their whole team.

bcbleep

JH 9 Keystone 4, close for a while, but the better team won today.  Keystone had the lead until the 5th inning, but started booting and throwing the ball around.  If I'm not mistaken, I think they had 4 errors which is way too many in a game like this.  I'll be surprised if anyone beats JH.  I felt JH was much more fundamentally sound than Keystone.  I was extremely impressed, they were good in all aspects of the game.  Does anyone think that Kean or any other team in this region for that matter can match up with JH?  I am looking forward to the next few days, should get interesting.

bcbleep

Oh and thanks for the clarification earlier Hammer.  You were on point with your JH prediction!

Heat23

I have unfortunately not had the pleasure of seeing JH play..As you said 4 errors in any game this late in the season will never get the job done. Is  don't think anyone will be able to come back from the losers bracket if JH stays the way they are.

bcbleep

Keystone pitcher threw a double play ground ball back to him into center field in the 6th inning with one out and no runs across.  3 runs scored shortly thereafter.  Then a ground ball double play ball was hit to the third baseman in the seventh inning with one out and no runs across, third baseman threw the ball into right field.  4 runs scored shortly thereafter.  If these two plays were made, could have been a different story.  However, I get the feeling that JH was the superior team and that they would have still found a way to win.  However, these two plays were crucial mistakes in the game.  Keystone seemed deflated after the seventh, just my observation.

Hammer Ball

Keystone was spirited early but untimely miscues and JHU timely hitting, solid defense and sound pitching won out in the end.  Rumors flying around Waterfront Park that some Keystone players ineligible.  Just rumors but I (over)heard more than one person (unrelated) discussing the topic.  Keystone is a lively, strong and talented side that seemed to have a couple of bad sequences that a team cannot have against a team as sound as JHU.  If they have the pitching I expect them back against JHU Saturday.  But would now be surprised if JHU loses a game.

Hammer Ball

Quote from: Heat23 on May 20, 2010, 03:39:44 PM
Not scouts -   student-athletes on the rosters but not allowed to dress because of conference or NCAA rules.  I believe there are 24 eligible players allowed in the dugout and a certain number (6 or 8) of other people, coaches included.  Keystone has 40+ on its roster and JHU has 50+.  Leaving many to watch from the stands.

There was one radar gun present yesterday.  And for the 1st game only.

Hammerball what is their conference roster limit? I know of teams with 45-50 guys who travel everywhere including the early spring trip with their whole team.

No idea of CC roster limits.

RSSmith

Quote from: Hammer Ball on May 20, 2010, 11:42:00 PM
Quote from: Heat23 on May 20, 2010, 03:39:44 PM
Not scouts -   student-athletes on the rosters but not allowed to dress because of conference or NCAA rules.  I believe there are 24 eligible players allowed in the dugout and a certain number (6 or 8) of other people, coaches included.  Keystone has 40+ on its roster and JHU has 50+.  Leaving many to watch from the stands.

There was one radar gun present yesterday.  And for the 1st game only.

No idea of CC roster limits.

The only limitation is the following from the Conference Handbook:  
"M. Travel Squad. Teams may not travel with more than 29 players. Those who do not make the travel squad may not use athletic department-sponsored transportation to attend the contest as a manager, scorekeeper or statistician. An institution that is in violation of this regulation shall automatically forfeit the competition. (Adopted 5/27/09)"
A walk is never as good as a hit!

bcbleep

Hammer, did you hear of any specific names for the ineligibility?  If Keystone loses any of their big bats in the middle of the lineup, it could be disastrous.  Were they using an ineligible player in the game yesterday?  If so, do you think they would get the boot from the tourney?

Hammer Ball

Quote from: bcbleep on May 21, 2010, 09:22:45 AM
Hammer, did you hear of any specific names for the ineligibility?  If Keystone loses any of their big bats in the middle of the lineup, it could be disastrous.  Were they using an ineligible player in the game yesterday?  If so, do you think they would get the boot from the tourney?
I heard one name, twice, but will not repeat.  I have no idea as to your other questions.  I hope it is all not true.

RSSmith

Congrats, Blue Jays.  Good Luck in Appleton!

RSSmith

2010 NCAA Division III Mid-Atlantic Region All-Tournament Team.

Chuck Nicholas, Alvernia University

Greg Harbeck, Johns Hopkins University

Dave Kahn, Johns Hopkins University

James Teta, Johns Hopkins University

Ken Gregory, Kean University

Nick Nolan, Kean University

Stephen Montalbano, Kean University

Jordan Marsch, Rowan University

Jeff White, Rowan University

Dan Sieracki, Widener University

Most Oustanding Player

Alex Eliopoulos, Johns Hopkins University

Ralph Turner

Message board for the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Regional hosted by Kean at FirstEnergy Park.

Hammer Ball

This is based only on In Region Win% + In Region SOS (from info on D3Baseball.com)

Team      In Region Win% + In region SOS
Kean                       1.496
Rowan                         1.405
Alvernia                        1.381
Keystone                      1.324
New Jersey                   1.31
Ramapo                        1.303
Moravian                       1.275
Haverford                      1.261
Neuman                         1.258
Montclair State              1.251

Hammer Ball