2021 Transfers

Started by nescac1, April 18, 2021, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nescac1

Between the extra year of eligibility due to COVID (first and foremost), the recent success of D3 to D1 transfers (now TWO NBA players), and the waiver of the redshirt year for transfers, I imagine we will see far from transfers both from D3 to higher levels as well as within D3 this year.  I figured I'd consolidate all information on transfers as well as guys seeking to transfer (some of which has already been shared on various boards here) into one thread.  What I've seen so far:

Division 3 to Division 1:

Jack Nolan: Wash U to TBD
Collen Gurley: Mount Union to Youngstown State
Fru Che: Amherst to TBD
D'KQuan Davis: Arcadia to TBD (originally Texas State but withdrew his commitment)

Division 3 to Division 3:

Griffin Kornaker: Middlebury to Case Western
Dan Masino: Hobart to Rochester

Titan Q

tomt4525

UWSP's Philip Flory entered the transfer portal and is looking for a D1 opportunity.  He started his career as a walk on at Seton Hall, earned minutes and transferred on scholarship to Albany.  Foot injuries derailed his career at Albany and walked away from basketball for a year or so.  He got healthy and played at UWSP during this shortened season.

If I remember correctly as well, I think Flory was the youngest person to ever receive a scholarship offer from Marquette, getting one his freshman season.  Foot injuries also derailed his recruitment at that point and I'm assuming Marquette stopped their interest, hence him walking on to prove himself.

WUPHF

Freshman Kolbe Rada will leave Washington University to walk-on at North Dakota State.

Flying Dutch Fan

2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Per Twitter, D3hoops (presumptive) All American, Dimitrius Underwood is graduating from UTD and heading to the College of Charleston as a grad transfer.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

nescac1

It's gonna be really fun to see how all these D3 guys do in D1 next year.  I really hope Austin Hutcherson can get healthy, he was really being talked up at Illinois before he was sidelined by injury.  The only downside (from a D3 fan perspective) is that if they keep doing well, more and more D1 coaches might try to poach the best D3 guys ... which would probably be a smart move for the coaches! 

WUPHF

This was probably talked about elsewhere but Will Carius did very well for Division I Western Illinois this season.  14 points and 5 rebounds in 31 minutes per game on average.

Titan Q

Ethan Lakso, 6-2 G, is transferring from D1 Manhattan to D3 Yeshiva.

Played in 20 games, started 4. Averaged 1.7 ppg; 12-32 FG (.375); 10-28 3-point (.357).

Was a walk-on at at D1 Indiana as a FR.

Lasko was a big-time HS player at Katz Yeshiva in Boca Raton, FL -- 25.6 ppg as a SR.  Scored 46 in a game.

https://gojaspers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/ethan-lasko/7686

nescac1

If Leifer comes back for an extra year, Yeshiva is gonna be loaded next year ...

Titan Q

Quote from: nescac1 on April 25, 2021, 08:50:30 AM
If Leifer comes back for an extra year, Yeshiva is gonna be loaded next year ...

That IWU at Yeshiva game in NYC on 12/28 is going to be pretty cool.  Both teams are ridiculously loaded.

nescac1

Another D3 guy in the transfer portal: Dubuque sophomore Patrick Mayfield, who was first team all ARC this year. 

Titan Q

Tommy Eastman (Middlebury) will be a grad transfer at Brandeis.

Riley Zayas

Luke Feely is headed to UMHB after two years at Black Hills State (D2). Was a two-star recruit out of high school, and should improve the Crusaders' depth in the post.
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

Riley Zayas

UMHB has added transfers in Tyler Jarolik (UT Permian-Basin, D2) and Payton Brooks (Abilene Christian, D1). The Cru will have a lot of experience with these D2 and D1 transfers.

https://truetothecru.com/2021/05/21/umhb-mens-basketball-adds-d1-transfer-in-former-abilene-christian-guard-payton-brooks/
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.