2019 NCAA Tournament

Started by Greek Tragedy, October 06, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 27, 2019, 09:36:09 AM

They're also trying to get a standardized ratio of participating teams to regions across all d3 sports.  Other sports are not in as workable positions as d3.  I think it's a good idea, although I'm struggling to think about how a ten team selection table is going to work out.  That's rough.  From that perspective I'd almost rather see five regions of 90 than ten regions of 45.

Enjoyed your tournament preview, Ryan. Very comprehensive. You even included a picture of a red-faced (and sportscoat-clad) Grey Giovanine yelling something in the background of one of your pictures. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 28, 2019, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 27, 2019, 09:36:09 AM

They're also trying to get a standardized ratio of participating teams to regions across all d3 sports.  Other sports are not in as workable positions as d3.  I think it's a good idea, although I'm struggling to think about how a ten team selection table is going to work out.  That's rough.  From that perspective I'd almost rather see five regions of 90 than ten regions of 45.

Enjoyed your tournament preview, Ryan. Very comprehensive. You even included a picture of a red-faced (and sportscoat-clad) Grey Giovanine yelling something in the background of one of your pictures. ;)

Thanks for the kind words.  Pat gets credit for the photo selection - and also for cleaning up some of my more awkward phrasing.  The picks are mine, though.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is nearly time to tip off the 2019 Division III Men's and Women's Championship Tournaments, but not without checking with Hoopsville first.

We talk to a number of programs getting ready for their first round games. From those dancing for the first time to those whose programs are a mainstay, we will cover the gamete on Thursday's show. Tune in starting at 7:00 p.m. ET to also hear who experts and friends of the show think will be in the final fours, even winning it all, in a few weeks time.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show in the video player above. If you miss any of the program, you can always watch it On Demand or listen to the audio-only podcast to the right (available shortly after the show goes off air).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Matt Hunter, York (Pa.) men's coach
- Bobby Hughes, Rosemont men's coach
- Women's final four predictions
- Brian Morehouse, No. 10 Hope women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Brad Fischer, No. 13 UW-Oshkosh women's coach
- Terry Butterfield, Texas-Dallas men's coach
- Men's final four predictions

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AllStar

Here's some NCAA tournament info (can click to make bigger):

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: AllStar on February 28, 2019, 09:58:04 PM

Nice work! Thanks!
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

It will be interesting to see how non-host hosts do. Amherst and Oshkosh probably should be hosting, but the women get the honors and Wittenberg probably should be hosting but couldn't the opening weekend.

Does the committee already know who put in bids/can't because of the women hosting rights?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

augie77

Emory would have had to fly to Wittenberg, whereas Guilford is drivable for all the schools.  This may have been a factor in Guilford hosting.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 01, 2019, 09:34:45 AM
It will be interesting to see how non-host hosts do. Amherst and Oshkosh probably should be hosting, but the women get the honors and Wittenberg probably should be hosting but couldn't the opening weekend.

Does the committee already know who put in bids/can't because of the women hosting rights?

The two committees have to share info. One year back in the earlier part of this decade, this was a disaster and balls were dropped, but we haven't seen any issues since then.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Smitty Oom

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 28, 2019, 10:50:59 PM
Quote from: AllStar on February 28, 2019, 09:58:04 PM

Nice work! Thanks!

Agree, thanks AllStar!

raiderpa

GOOD LUCK TO OAC TEAMS IN THE TOURNEY.

Caz Bombers

I'm pumped for these next two nights, I wanna see 32 buzzer beaters tonight and 16 more tomorrow!

Wooster Booster

Quote from: Caz Bombers on March 01, 2019, 03:34:52 PM
I'm pumped for these next two nights, I wanna see 32 buzzer beaters tonight and 16 more tomorrow!

And all 48 with variants of the Baruch-style football play!  (Of course. with Wooster using one of these against the Barookadookas tonight.)