FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

Quote from: USee on July 06, 2021, 12:44:11 PM

It seems to me the regions are going to be important for who gets in the field (pool C rankings) more so than who plays whom. It would also appear that the biggest impact is in Region 6, with MIAC, NWC, ASC and WIAC will have a tougher road to get into the field since all the pool C teams have to stack up behind each other.

I would guess the playoff scheduling, given the travel restrictions, won't veer dramatically from what we have seen in the past as they seek to keep things geographically centered to avoid flights in the first couple rounds. As such the CCIW teams can be part grouped with teams from other geographically proximal regions to get to the most cost effective schedule.

That is correct. Don't expect the bracket too look that different from prior years, if at all. Also, we expect an announcement on a change in the conference alignment (ASC going to Region 3) in the near future. Once again though, that doesn't mean you won't see a SCIAC champ, for example, get shipped to Belton in Rd 1 if that makes the most economic sense. The new "Regions" are window dressing mainly.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Raider 68

Mount at Westminster, looked at their website. They were 8-3 in 2019, just wondering what they
bring back for 2021.

Does anyone have any insight on them. Time to start these boards with practice starting on August 10th.
:)
13 time Division III National Champions

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Raider 68 on July 22, 2021, 09:18:22 PM
Mount at Westminster, looked at their website. They were 8-3 in 2019, just wondering what they
bring back for 2021.

Does anyone have any insight on them. Time to start these boards with practice starting on August 10th.

They won the PAC championship during this spring season going 5-0 and . Beating W&J 27-20 for the title. Not sure who they graduated since then but they were a very good team.

MUC57

We're getting close, Raider fans (actually, all OAC fans)

The team begins the 2021 Season on August 10 with meetings, physicals etc. On the field practice begins on August 12.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, new turf is being installed in Mount Union Stadium. The purple end zones look really sharp. (And don't forget, our stadium is the oldest college stadium in Ohio).

Although the season hasn't even started, and as Larry Kehres always  said, "Only the last poll matters", some fun stuff is appearing in the media.

For example, several polls, I think three, pick Mount to win it all. The Raiders are followed by the usual cast of teams - UMHB, St. John's, UW-Whitewater, North Central (not in any particular order), and ...... Never Mind! You all know the others in the top 25.
One sporting group, whose name escapes me right now, ranked the QB's in Dlll. Our own Braxton Plunk was listed as the number one QB in Dlll.
Another group picked it's pre-season All - American teams. Plunk and wide receiver Wayne Ruby made the first team.

Some of the players are already on campus, working out. Some helped our local library by moving books for the annual book sale. Looks like we're starting to put together a team.

At this point, probably all meaningless, but fun to look at. It all helps to get us ready for another season of football - a "REAL" season.
All the above for what it's worth, if anything. In the meantime, GO RAIDERS!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

hsbsballcoach7

I just hope they're going to allow fans in the stands...I promise I won't be bad (they better allow tailgating)😜. Love the look of the new purple end zones. It should be a fun season!

Any Mount fans know about the change in the book store? Are they still going to be selling Mount Union clothing, hats, etc?

formerd3db

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on July 30, 2021, 08:35:35 AM
I just hope they're going to allow fans in the stands...I promise I won't be bad (they better allow tailgating)😜. Love the look of the new purple end zones. It should be a fun season!

Any Mount fans know about the change in the book store? Are they still going to be selling Mount Union clothing, hats, etc?

Why would they not sell Mount fan sports apparel?  That would just be a strange (and not smart) decision. ???
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

Raider 68

Quote from: formerd3db on July 30, 2021, 08:42:24 AM

Why would they not sell Mount fan sports apparel?  That would just be a strange (and not smart) decision. ???

I just went on the University Bookstore and the website offers no clothing or team related items. I am not sure what is going on, but
I agree if the decision has been made to outsource apparel then the University is given up an historically good revenue
stream. Maybe they believe that game day selling is no longer important. I really hope there is more information coming.

rscl70

I just hope they're going to allow fans in the stands...

Would hope so too since ticket sales have already begun.
12-0 = 13

Raider 68

Quote from: rscl70 on July 31, 2021, 07:33:29 AM
I just hope they're going to allow fans in the stands...

Would hope so too since ticket sales have already begun.

Just paid and received my season tickets last week. No mention that fans would not be in attendance starting 9-18-21.

MUC57

Raider fans

Don't panic. Bookstore is open and selling the usual stuff. The fall sports season, at least as of now, will be normal - fans in the stands, tailgating, etc.
Of course, with the delta variant causing havoc throughout the land, that could change.

Relax and GO RAIDERS!  ;D

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: MUC57 on July 31, 2021, 10:10:56 AM

Raider fans

Don't panic. Bookstore is open and selling the usual stuff. The fall sports season, at least as of now, will be normal - fans in the stands, tailgating, etc.
Of course, with the delta variant causing havoc throughout the land, that could change.

Good to hear. I usually shop around different places for my Mount Union gear, but the bookstore still has the best designs and quality IMO. Is the annual Washington and Jefferson scrimmage on?

Dr. Acula

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on August 02, 2021, 10:07:18 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on July 31, 2021, 10:10:56 AM

Raider fans

Good to hear. I usually shop around different places for my Mount Union gear, but the bookstore still has the best designs and quality IMO. Is the annual Washington and Jefferson scrimmage on?

I agree on the bookstore being the best quality still.  I don't make it to campus often so it's a big let down if I do and there is nothing I want to buy in the bookstore!  I have had good luck getting some Nike stuff through the team shop when the football team opens that up online.  It's just limited to the standard stuff like hoodies, shorts, basic t-shirts though so there's not a lot of variety in designs.

MUC57

Raider fans

You've probably already heard, or read in the Mount Union Bulletin, that our own Nick Sirianni, brother of W&J coach Mike Sirianni, has been named head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. If you have played under or coached under Larry Kehres, you've learned a thing or two.
Go Raiders and Go Ex-Raiders! (Ya gotta love it!)  ;D

ADL70

Quote from: Raider 68 on July 22, 2021, 09:18:22 PM
bring back for 2021.

https://athletics.westminster.edu/news/2021/8/3/football-defending-pac-champions-westminster-picked-first-in-pac-preseason-poll.aspx
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite