FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beancounter

From the San Diego papers regarding their QB situation

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/08/30/sports/professional/chargers/23_02_128_29_06.txt

And this report that isn't so optimistic about Brett Elliott's chances on the 53 man roster

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060830-9999-1s30chargers.html

Tuxguy

Thanks BC for the links.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens with Brett.

I have noticed, the NFL sometimes does things a little different.
They do it the NFL way.
And lately I've found myself scratching my head on some of the decisions made.
But, what the heck, It's not my millions$$$.

Nice article in today's statesman journal on the Wildcats.........
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/SPORTS/608290341&SearchID=73255334638203

Only at a D3 football game could you have 2 seats on the 50 yard line (2 rows behind bluenote) and have an obstructed view!
I love D3 Football!!!

wildcat11

Tux,

On that note....James Day of the Statesman Journal (who I really enjoy his work) listed out some early season picks. 

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

And I quote from Mr. Day's article.....Area colleges: Look for Western Oregon to sweep Willamette and Linfield and win the MPY (Marion-Polk-Yamhill) Trophy. Never heard it? I just made it up. Catchy, dontcha think?

Tuxguy

WC11,
Interesting artical, can't say I'm going to agree with all of jimbo's picks but interesting to say the least.  ::)

The MPY Trophy? I think he needs to have one made and after the Cats take care of the Wolves give it to Coach Smith. Maybe as he eats some Crow!  ;D

As always IMHO
Only at a D3 football game could you have 2 seats on the 50 yard line (2 rows behind bluenote) and have an obstructed view!
I love D3 Football!!!

swede

We should find out one way or the other about BE by Saturday night at the latest.

Also, McMinnville's Shawn Draper is no longer at Linfield.

Gig Harbor Cat

The Cats will Roll Western--Again  Are you kidding me.  I think the press is just tired of seeing WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW's year in and year out for the Cats.

Phone it in

GHC new and improved

Gig Harbor Cat

WOW thanks RP,
  Right in my back yard.  Very cool

GHC

RedandPurple

For those of you who can't wait until the 9th the 2006 Linfield Football media guide will be available next week.
Click here for more info:
http://www.linfield.edu/sports/release.php?id=1641
Go Cats! Make it 62 in '17!
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill

cawcdad

Finally got to see Big Hits II. Work blocks You Tube and home computer was having problems. Great stuff 11!! I remember the hit on the Menlo QB about minute 4. He didn't return to the game. :o

John Madden still lives in Blackhawk near Dublin and still maintains an office in Dublin.

dawgs go deep

Talked to my friend in GB this morning and he said that he thinks Elliot will either make the team or the practice squad and if he doesnt, he has a chance to get picked up somewhere else for a practice squad.  He also said that the QB pickings around the NFL  are extremely slim right now.  There are veterans available or that will be available, but, if they were not top guys at one time, most teams will pick youth and take their chances.  It also costs less and the younger guys dont have guarantees, so the team can change their minds during the year and not lose millions. 

He thought Pat might be correct in that they are hiding him so they can sign him to the practice squad for less $.

I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he makes the team period.  It would be great for d3 and Linfield, the down side is this board will never be the same! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) If you catch my drift! :D 

MonroviaCat

O.K.   

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as development goes, wouldn't Brett be better off on the practice squad this year where we will get a lot of snaps and see a lot of different looks?  Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for him but wouldn't the Practice Squat give him better chances to develop then being the #3 guy?

Just curious what others think.
Go Cats!

dawgs go deep

Thats where my buddy in GB thought he would end up, on the practice squad, for the very reasons you mention.  Just because they keep 3 qb's doesnt mean they cant bring in a vet  and move one down.

criswyly

Don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there!

shane falco

MonroviaCat,

I agree with you all the way on the practice squad for Elliot.

Brett's best years are yet to come in the NFL.
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."

footballfan413

Good luck to Brett and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him Saturday night!  Of course, it will be while I am watching the Warhawks make a fish sandwich out of the Lakeland Muskies and after some terrific tailgating!!  The only remaining "cupcake" left on their non-conference schedule.  Sorry you guys have to wait for one more week to "Get it Started."  I'll be thinking of you all while I am tailgating and remembering your great hospitality and BBQ we had at the Cat Dome last year.  The best of luck to the Cats this season unless they play the Hawks!!   :) :) :)
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU