L: Jeremy Wilhelm 4.2 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 K

SU:
Richard Falcone 3-4, 3 runs, 1 RBI, 1 SB
Michael Murphy 1-3, 1 run, 2 RBI, 2 BB
Blake Williams 2-5, 4 RBI
Eric Gonzalez 2-3, 1 run, 1 RBI

TLU:
Kyle Harvey 1-4, 2 SB

Bulldogs make 3 more errors, all on the middle infield.
Had some opportunities for clutch 2 out hits with runners in scoring position from key players in the 1st, 2nd and 5th innings but were unable to convert.

JSG

Ralph Turner

McM 10, ETBU 3.  Johnston gets the win for McMurry.

UOzarks 9, UMHB 1. Todd Koch pitches 7 scoreless innings for the Eagles.  He gives up 3 hits 2 BB's and strikes out 9, facing 27 batters.

Spence

Quote from: mcm_sid on February 24, 2008, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: Spence on February 23, 2008, 08:15:14 PM
Quote from: mcm_sid on February 23, 2008, 01:32:41 PM
Just FYI - all staffed home games at McMurry (which is most home games) will be available with live stats.

http://livestats.internetconsult.com/mcmurry/baseball

Does this include non-McMurry games?

Do you mean neutral games at McMurry's site?

I mean games not involving McMurry that are played at Driggers Field. However you want to phrase that.

mcm_sid

probably not except for if we were to host the ASC Tourney and we will have a live stats set up for the regional this year, but not sure if we will use ICS as it will cost a good bit of money when we can do the basic HTML live stats for free - even though it won't look or function as sharply.

Another note - kinda got swept under the rug with all the basketball tournaments going around. McMurry's Brent Voorhees became the ASC's all-time leader in both home runs and RBI in the same day Saturday. He passed David White of Concordia-Austin in both categories. Stats were unofficial for the weekend b/c ETBU SID was not there - but Voorhees should be at 40 HR and 169 RBI. White had 38 HR and 167 RBI for the Tornados from 2001-2004.

Blackcat00

Concordia sweeps LU in its three game series by a large margin.

Blackcat00

Concordia 17
Desalles    10  F

Williams hits his 9th longball. Cold night in Austin.

Ralph Turner

HSU 3, Trinity 2.
Please find the game story and box score on the page and click.  :)

Great win!

mcm_sid

Just FYI - Hardin-Simmons vs. McMurry series moved Friday's single game to Sunday at 2 p.m. Saturday doubleheader is still at 1 p.m.

mcm_sid

Abilene Reporter News Article on Brent Voorhees for breaking ASC record in homers and RBI.

http://reporternews.com/news/2008/mar/05/voorhees-a-hit-for-mcmurry-baseball/

HAMBONE

Congrats to Brent Vorhees on your indiviual accomplishments.  David White is one of my closest friends and I called him last weekend as soon as the press release came out and informed him of his 2nd place status...he told me that "I had ruined his day"  ... Brent you should be honored that you broke his records and most likely earned season tickets in his dome b/c im sure he will lose some sleep over the fact that he can nothing about it now.  On another note you told a reporter that you had "no idea what you had done"  I find this a little hard to believe given the fact that you are a Math Major with a 3.91 GPA ... you and I both know you are a STAT-HOUND and you couldnt sleep until you achieved this feat.  Dont be selfish, this is a team sport.  But its in the records book now and you should be able to sleep better.  Now get focused and go help your team win, after all you guys are hosting the West Regional this year and it would be very disappointing If I show up and the Indians only participation in the tournament is selling programs and raking the field.  Remember what coach Driggers said in the newspaper "you could be a better hitter if you would just stay back and wait on pitches"  ... STAY BACK!!!  but dont stay back too long because I would hate for you to get jammed in all that cold weather you guys have there, it might sting a bit.  GO GET 'EM

Whats in the water in Belton, Texas?  I think the UMHB Crusaders baseball team needs to be tested for elevated testosterone levels or HGH use.  They must have bought a new pitching machine in the off-season.  Their successful start of the 2008 season is unbelievable .... until you take a look at who they've beat, then its completely believable.  I think they got their schedules confused with Belton High School.  Will someone please tell them that a 4A state title does not give them an automatic birth to the West Regional @ McMurry, although I'm sure the Indians could use some extra help getting the field ready for all those other teams.  I know guys want some hardware to put in the empty glass cabinets next to the Conference Championship trophy your Basketball Team just earned, but trust me when I say that noone would respect a 4A baseball state title trophy on your shelf.  Perhaps you guys arent aware since you lost your NCAA schedule but you start conference this weekend....please do not let Sul Ross State Sneak up on you.  Follow in Justin Champion's foot steps and rub some eye-black all over face so will have your game face on and pack a sack lunch.

T-L-WHO?  TLU suffered a heart breaking loss this week to Wabash University Little Giants - Liberal Arts School for Men.  You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.  Just the sound of that when I read it out loud makes me want to puke all over my keyboard and monitor.  Bulldogs aren't supposed to be defeated by Little Giants.  I know John Krog was unable to play his 10th consecutive season in the ASC but that doesnt give you guys the right to just fall apart at the seams. You had also be thanking GOD that Coach Miller isnt still at the helm or you guys would still be running wind sprints.  We all know that real men are honest and admit the truth to themselves when they look in the mirror.  I want all Bulldogs and all Bulldog baseball fans to get up right now and go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and repeat this statement: "WABASH UNIVERSITY, A LIBERAL ARTS SCHOOL FOR MEN, BEAT US.  THE LITTLE GIANTS EMBARRASSED US ON OUR OWN TURF AND IN FRONT OF OUR GIRLFRIENDS AND PARENTS.  WE ARE SO LUCKY COACH MILLER IS THE AD AND NOT OUR HEAD COACH OR WE WOULD STILL BE RUNNING WIND SPRINTS.  WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE WAY THIS MAKE US FEEL AND WILL NOT EMBARRASS OURSELVES, OUR UNIVERSITY, OUR FRIENDS, OUR FAMILIES, OUR GIRLFRIENDS, AND THE ASC BY EVER LETTING A LIBERAL ARTS SCHOOL FOR MEN OR A TEAM REFERRED TO AS THE LITTLE GIANTS EVER BEAT US AGAIN."  Dont you feel better that you said it out loud?  I dont, I still want to puke, but hopefully.  Now tighten up your jock-straps b/c you are headed down to Austin this weekend, and be sure to pack your left-handed fungos and pearls for batting practice as it will be your last attempt to pepper I H-35 during batting practice due to campus being moved next year.

stirring the pot,
HAMBONE

Ralph Turner

Good post, Hambone!  :D

Welcome to the message boards!  :)

Just_Some_Guy

I enjoyed the post as well and couldn't help but snicker at the Justin Champion comment. I thought it was a LITTLE snarky for a former CUA Sportsmanship Award Recipient though. Seriously though, I thought it brought a little flavor to the board, particularly because I feel like Ralph and I are always trying to be so "politically correct."

Without 16 guys on the roster from Deer Park, White and Krog peppering the building in RF, and Steve Smith throwing his 107th slider, it might not feel like the same ole CUA-TLU rivalry.

My prediction: Logan Hull and TLU take game 1, then CUA sweeps the Saturday games.

Best of luck to both teams ...

JSG

HAMBONE

Thanks for the warm welcome gents.  Just for the record, I have the upmost respect for Brent Voorhees, Head Coach Lee Driggers, the McMurry Indians, John Krog, Former Head Coach Bill Miller, the Texas Lutheran Bulldogs, Justin Champion, and UMHB.  I certainly have no intentions of showing any levels of disrespect for any of these people or programs, and I wish the best of luck to everyone as the ASC kicks off conference play this weekend.  Now for my bashing of the Wabash program, I do apologize....but lets be real, it was funny.  Now as mentioned, I was a 2004 recipient of the ASC Sportsmanship Award and I believe 100% in Karma on the baseball diamond, this is my formal apology for now and for later posts that taken out of context so that I am not hit in the forehead with a foul ball.

Now on to real business....its 100% sunny and clear in Austin, Texas this morning.  Tonight should be fairly chili but clear and that means the wind will definately be blowing out towrds left-center field.  The 2002 West Division Champs, ASC Conference Champs, West Regional Champs, and Div III World Series squad will be honored before the start of the game.  So if anyone that reads this message board can make it out, come join us as we get together, most likely for the last time beore the field we built with are bare hands is leveled.

Best of luck to everyone this season.  And speak out loud on this message board. lets get as many former players and fans involved as possible, as this is a great place for everyone to stay connected at the click of a button.

HAMBONE

Bman3

Williams is a triple crown threat! With a cold northern in Austin, lack of pitching from TLU.... should be another slugfest with Williams hitting 3!

Just_Some_Guy

Quote from: Bman3 on March 07, 2008, 11:59:22 AM
Williams is a triple crown threat! With a cold northern in Austin, lack of pitching from TLU.... should be another slugfest with Williams hitting 3!

I wouldn't claim that either team has very much depth on the mound.

TLU's weekend starters actually have a collective ERA (4.66) a bit lower than Concordia's weekend starters (5.26).

I'm using who I'd anticipate both teams throwing this weekend:
CUA - Morrison, Whiteley, Szkotak
TLU - Hull, McGinley, Segura

Now provided it's tied late in the game you probably have to give the edge to CUA because Aubry has been better Conley or Wesson for TLU.

Both teams are fielding at the .942 clip and struggling, particularly on the left side.

CUA is hitting .312, while TLU is hitting .310.

Statistically speaking these two teams look relatively equal at the plate. That said, I think Concordia is the better offensive team right now. Jacobs and Mercer are doing a great job getting on the sack and we're all aware of what Williams is doing. Despite the fact that Wernecke and Thielepape aren't hitting for a high average they are providing pop in the middle of that Tornado order -- 9 HRs, 46 RBIs between them

TLU's 4 and 5 spots 4 HRs and 26 RBIs between them. That's a pretty big discrepancy even in spite of the difference in the team's respective home parks.

If you forced me to pick I'd still say TLU wins game 1 behind Logan Hull, but that CUA takes both Saturday games at home.

JSG