BB: NWC: Northwest Conference

Started by Tezbaseball, December 30, 2005, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat11

Quote from: Bearcat Press on March 08, 2011, 12:37:44 AM
HUGE series this weekend against a Linfield team that's definitely going to be fired up.

Linfield just dominated Willamette last year so I'm sure Willamette will be looking to make some noise this weekend but Willamette is going to have a hard time handling Larson and Vaughan on Saturday.

idalogger

Linfield's loss in game 3 of the Pacific series surprised me, but I think Pacific is considerably improved from last year. I notice that they're starting a couple of lefties, though it was their ace righty that got the win in game 3.

Willamette has looked very good so far. This is a critical early season series. The Bearcats can hit, but I agree with 11 that Vaughn and Larson will be tough to handle. Who pitches game 3 this week for the Cats?

The UPS-Whitworth series has been moved from Spokane to Pasco (at CBCC). I understand it's something to do with the ice and snow on the field. In Spokane? Noooo...

wildcat11

Quote from: idalogger on March 09, 2011, 07:35:16 PM
Who pitches game 3 this week for the Cats?

That's my question also...we'll have to see and I hope we can develop a 3rd starting arm as 'Cats fans were spoiled last year with McCulley anchoring that 3rd spot in the rotation.

cat_fan_08

Linfield has started a sophomore transfer "Mueller" as their 3 starter. I think he has a lot of upside but has been a tad inconsistent.

wildcat11

Fantastic job today 'Cats!  Larson and Vaughan combine to give up 2 earned runs in 16 innings pitched in the 'Cats doubleheader sweep of Willamette 2-1 and 8-2.  Pacific and GFU are in action but the Boxers took the 1st game today in what I think would be considered a decent upset.

Piobark

So I watched one of the two L&C - Whitman games yesterday from Walla Walla via their new video service off their website. I think it might have been Whitman's first broadcast game so I thought I would provide a review here just as I did last week on the new L&C broadcast.

I thought Whitman did a very nice job with the broadcast. Announcer was excellent - a little bit of a homer but not too bad, praising and criticizing  players from both sides appropriately.

The video was very well done. Camera angle is high above the first base dugout which was a little odd but the camera was actively manned and tracked the plays well. Video had occasional buffering problems but in general was clear and definitely much better than the video from L&C. 

Whitman also had a running blog of the game which provided recaps and was well done.

All in all, I would recommend it for anyone who can't make it out to Walla Walla.

idalogger

Loggers came back from an 8-1 deficit after 2 innings yesterday to win 13-8, scoring the go-ahead runs on a grand slam. Columbia Basin's field is well-maintained, nice place to play a series.

The conference appears to be much more wide open than in previous years, though Linfield still seems to have the inside track on the crown. Pacific's pitching appears tough - still, I was surprised that they took the first 2 from George Fox. And Willamette would seem to be much more of a factor than they have been the past several years.

UPS is in SoCal this week, but there are a couple of good conference matchups, what with Willamette facing George Fox and Pacific in Tacoma to take on PLU.

wildcat11

Linfield breaks out the brooms in a sweep of Willamette today.  Down 4-3 in the 9th 'Cats tie it up and then takes the win in 10.  Great job 'Cats!

Piobark

Watching the Lewis and Clark broadcast today. Much better picture - announcer says they have gotten a high speed connection.

Announcers are also saying that they will be going to a multi camera setup next home series so even more improvements coming soon...

wildcat11

'Cats handle their business vs Whitman and sweep them up with force.  I think Linfield have a land mind series with Whitworth in Spokane this weekend.  The Rats played Linfield tough last year.  If the 'Cats can take care of business they will apply pressure on the other contenders that seem to be knocking each other off. 

cat_fan_08

When are we going to see Linfield get a video feed?

D O.C.

When Grace can carry a camera I suppose. A man's got to prioritize.

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on March 23, 2011, 10:45:13 PM
When Grace can carry a camera I suppose. A man's got to prioritize.

Soon enough D O.C.!  I have no idea if Linfield plans on streaming events outside of football (which they have been doing for 4 years).  I haven't heard of any plans to do so either.  I'll let you know if I catch word.  Best of lucks the 'Cats this week.  Don't sleep on Whitworth this weekend!

D O.C.

After splitting a double header (is that like kissing your sister?) with UPS on Saturday, LINFIELD has given up m8n hits - but only 1 run, up 9-1; 2 out in the top of 9th.

UPS bases loaded....

Nope. Game over.

Looking forward to listening to the 4 Chapman games in 2 weeks myself.

cat_fan_08

If we thought the UPS series against Linfield two weeks ago was huge lets look at the upcoming Chapman series. Both teams are firing on all cylinders and it should be a good one.

Why did Vaughn not start against Lewis and Clark?