Aurora: 08, (16), 19
Benedictine: 10, (11), (14)
CUC: (11), 12
Eureka: 18
CUW: 13
WLC: (14)
Rockford: -
Maranatha: -

*Lakeland leads with 5 total, 4 in a row during the Michael Whitley era.

*Aurora and Benedictine are tied with 3 each (2 outright for AU, 1 outright for BU)

*CUC has back to back titles from 2011 to 2012 (2012 being the outright champion)

*Was surprised to realize CUW has only one NACC championship to their name which came in 2013.

*WLC's title came in 2014 amidst a 3-way tie with Lakeland and Benedictine.

*Eureka surprised everyone (except maybe Eureka) and won the title in their inaugural NACC season.

*Rockford has struggled to get back on track since the NACC's inception, but their program is headed in the right direction.

*Maranatha dissolved their football program before winning one.

UPDATED--

History of NACC football champions --
( ) indicates shared title that year
*20 indicates the shortened 20-21 spring season (In which, championship game was cancelled):

Lakeland: 09, (14), 15, (16), 17, (*20)
Aurora: 08, (16), 19, (*20)
Benedictine: 10, (11), (14)
CUC: (11), 12
Eureka: 18
CUW: 13
WLC: (14)
Rockford: -
Maranatha: -
AU Black and Blue

Rhythm21

2021 Season is right around the corner and Aurora has released a 2021 roster with a ton of seniors from last season returning. Zimbelman, Bailey, Jewell, Reyna, Stark, Martz, Nava and many more are all back as Graduates ready to make a run at another NACC championship  8-)
AU Black and Blue

gbpuckfan

So, is anyone in the NACC worried about SNC joining the league? Or looking forward to another win?
St. Norbert College Green Knights
NCAA D3 Hockey National Champions 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
Midwest Conf. football champs: 85, 87, 88, 89, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18

WLCALUM83

Quote from: gbpuckfan on July 28, 2021, 06:41:47 PM
So, is anyone in the NACC worried about SNC joining the league? Or looking forward to another win?

Went back to the St. Norbert's 2019 schedule, saw that they played NACC squad Aurora that year and lost 50-40 (and won big over most of their MWC opponents except for Lake Forest and Monmouth.)

St. Norbert should get its' share of NACC wins. The tests for the Green Knights this year appear to be Benedictine, Lakeland and Aurora, imho. Concordia-Chicago appeared to be the weakest NACC team last spring. Rockford has potential if QB Ray and several other good Regent players return.  "X" factors--CUW, WLC (should the Warrior D improve) and Eureka.
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

WLCALUM83

St. Norbert all-time records vs. future NACC opponents as of 7/29/2021:

Vs. Aurora:  1-1   (2018-2019)           
Vs. Benedictine:  1-3  (1988-89, 2016-17)
Vs. Concordia-WI:  2-2 (1992-95)
Vs. Lakeland 2-0 (1961-62)

Have yet to play Concordia-Chicago, Eureka, Rockford and WLC.

WW

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on July 29, 2021, 09:05:45 AM

Went back to the St. Norbert's 2019 schedule, saw that they played NACC squad Aurora that year and lost 50-40 (and won big over most of their MWC opponents except for Lake Forest and Monmouth.)

St. Norbert should get its' share of NACC wins. The tests for the Green Knights this year appear to be Benedictine, Lakeland and Aurora, imho. Concordia-Chicago appeared to be the weakest NACC team last spring. Rockford has potential if QB Ray and several other good Regent players return.  "X" factors--CUW, WLC (should the Warrior D improve) and Eureka.

As a Green Knight fan, I'm looking forward to a season in which I have no idea what will happen. The annual run through their Midwest Conference slate had become about as predictable as the sunrise (minus the Monmouth games).

Rhythm21

Quote from: WW on August 02, 2021, 10:15:44 AM

As a Green Knight fan, I'm looking forward to a season in which I have no idea what will happen. The annual run through their Midwest Conference slate had become about as predictable as the sunrise (minus the Monmouth games).

Eureka joined the league and won the NACC title in year one when I thought they had no chance. Wouldn't be surprised if St Norbert went on a similar run to finish top 3 this season, but I think Aurora, with the talent and experience they have returning, is the team to beat. Should be an exciting season.
AU Black and Blue

WW

Quote from: Rhythm21 on August 09, 2021, 03:58:40 PM
Quote from: WW on August 02, 2021, 10:15:44 AM

Eureka joined the league and won the NACC title in year one when I thought they had no chance. Wouldn't be surprised if St Norbert went on a similar run to finish top 3 this season, but I think Aurora, with the talent and experience they have returning, is the team to beat. Should be an exciting season.

Yep, WIDE open. I have no insight into rosters, significant returnees, anything. Based on recent competitive history, which could be completely irrelevant by now, top 3 might be a reach for SNC. Their N-C schedule is perfect, though. And to open conference against a natural rival (plus there's some juice built up on chippy JV matchups over recent years), dang, Sheboygan Showdown will be big

SpartanHouse

SNC and Aurora will be top 2.

Norby is an extremely tough place to play.

sncdangler

Quote from: BigRedScots on August 12, 2021, 05:16:12 PM

Why? Legit curious why you feel that way.

SpartanHouse

Quote from: sncdangler on August 18, 2021, 09:18:09 AM

I view the NAC as not much different than the MWC. SNC will be a tier above every team except AU now that BB is there. Norby gets good crowds and every time Monmouth has played there it's been cold and windy. Good atmosphere.

SNC issue is their offense. For whatever reason, they have gone hybrid wingT and you can not win in the playoffs w that offense. Too predictable and don't have the players for it.

sncdangler

Quote from: BigRedScots on August 20, 2021, 08:49:24 AM
Quote from: sncdangler on August 18, 2021, 09:18:09 AM

I view the NAC as not much different than the MWC. SNC will be a tier above every team except AU now that BB is there. Norby gets good crowds and every time Monmouth has played there it's been cold and windy. Good atmosphere.

SNC issue is their offense. For whatever reason, they have gone hybrid wingT and you can not win in the playoffs w that offense. Too predictable and don't have the players for it.

My question was about why SNC is a tough place to play.

As for the offense, you mean the offense SNC ran when they drilled Trine on the road a year after Monmouth got boatraced by the same program?

Pat Coleman

Beating Trine is not the same as beating a team from the CCIW, WIAC or MIAC that St. Norbert would have to face to really get anywhere in the postseason.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sncdangler

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 20, 2021, 12:41:57 PM
Beating Trine is not the same as beating a team from the CCIW, WIAC or MIAC that St. Norbert would have to face to really get anywhere in the postseason.

I never asserted otherwise. Just getting in a dig at our former rival. Thanks for your vigilance.

WLCALUM83