BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitchenSink

What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

cubs

Quote from: KitchenSink on May 31, 2021, 03:53:22 PM
2nd day in a row stupidly sending a starter out in the ninth with nothing. 130+ pitches, giving the games away.
One could argue that O'Sullivan was pulled too "early?"  Rainey was 0x4 against O'Sullivan and promptly ties the game as he finally faces a different pitcher (Muir.)

Definitely not the "best" strategy, but once it was decided to send him back out for the 9th inning, why not let him face one more batter, especially when you go to a guy that hadn't pitched in relief all season?  It's a totally different animal coming on in relief vs getting your normal 15-20 minute routine as a starting pitcher.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

tomt4525

Aaron Simmons announced on his Instagram that he would be back for UWSP next season and using the extra year, hopefully Payton Nelson follows suit.

cubs

Quote from: tomt4525 on May 31, 2021, 09:28:44 PM
Aaron Simmons announced on his Instagram that he would be back for UWSP next season and using the extra year.
Must've been the successful Memorial Day weekend in Navarino that helped make the decision!  Simmons was named the tournament MVP after Kewaskum knocked off Navarino (and fellow Pointer Kyle Finger) in the Championship Game.

ShineTime

I'm shocked Simmons is coming back seeing the Pointers got robbed of not making regionals. After seeing how regionals went one could argue the Pointers may have won 6 or 7 of the regionals if their bats were anywhere near what they were during the season. Don't get the hate on UWSP it's embarrassing that 10-15 of the 48 teams that made regionals were there the pointers without a doubt would've mercy ruled several teams.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

ShineTime

Whitewater losing to Adrian has to sting I can't imagine anyone seen the hawks losing to anyone in that regional given the easy path they were given.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

cubs

Quote from: ShineTime on May 31, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
I'm shocked Simmons is coming back seeing the Pointers got robbed of not making regionals. After seeing how regionals went one could argue the Pointers may have won 6 or 7 of the regionals if their bats were anywhere near what they were during the season. Don't get the hate on UWSP it's embarrassing that 10-15 of the 48 teams that made regionals were there the pointers without a doubt would've mercy ruled several teams.
Well, considering the fact that there were only 6 Pool B/C bids  this year, at least nine out of those 15 teams EARNED the right to play at Regionals.  If you have an issue with that, look no further that the Pointers 15-0 loss to Stout in the opening round of the WIAC Tournament. 

"I can't imagine anyone seen the pointers losing to stout in the opening round of the wiac tournament given the easy draw they were given."

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: ShineTime on May 31, 2021, 11:15:09 PM
Whitewater losing to Adrian has to sting I can't imagine anyone seen the hawks losing to anyone in that regional given the easy path they were given.

Next time you're at Wal lMart do yourself a favor and buy a clue.  You didn't see a single team that participated in the regional.  I bet you haven't even seen us play.  I just have one serious question for you.  Do you practice making absurd and ill informed comments or is this something that you've come by naturally.

Yes, it did sting.  But I noticed that the sun rose in the east this morning so it would seem the world is back on track. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

Looks like someone chose to just "ding" my karma, instead of having a civilized discussion on something they may have disagreed with that I posted...  Would be nice to have a nice back and forth dialogue in the future, or what's the point of visiting a message board?

badgerwarhawk

That's easy to balance.  This whole karma thing is a joke.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

cubs

I guess my point was there aren't many of us that visit the WIAC baseball board (compared to football and basketball) so why not have some dialogue instead of just hitting the karma button?  It would be nice to talk to someone else instead of just the same two or three guys on here all season...

ShineTime

If Nelson also comes back for another year and the Pointers can somehow land a definite #1 pitcher Along with a few freshman pitchers who could fight for a rotation spot hopefully they'll be able to play a tough spring break schedule and be successful and have a conference season like they had this year.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

tomt4525

Quote from: ShineTime on June 03, 2021, 09:08:51 AM
If Nelson also comes back for another year and the Pointers can somehow land a definite #1 pitcher Along with a few freshman pitchers who could fight for a rotation spot hopefully they'll be able to play a tough spring break schedule and be successful and have a conference season like they had this year.

It's nice of you to come post another reply after all the BS you spouted earlier, but of course you don't respond to anyone calling you out for your idiotic comments.  It shouldn't be shocking though, that's been your MO. 

You mentioned JD Schultz was elite, why does Point need an ace now?

Here are the facts, Point was a solid team but not a good enough team to make any noise in the playoffs.  They have some very solid pieces in place but still need depth in the pitching department.  Getting a true number 1 pitcher via a transfer would be exactly what the doctor ordered.  They also need a little more production out of the bottom of the order, was very top heavy this past season.  I'm definitely intrigued by the job Richter did and hope he can build on it.

Please stop with your hot takes, you've been doing it for as long as I've been on these boards.  You've literally never been close to correct with any of them.

tomt4525

Well,  UWSP's basketball recruiting has become a joke lately....but I'm certainly intrigued by what Coach Richter is putting together so far in the class of 2022.  He already has 3 RHP's committed that are touching 87 before their senior season starts.  He might have the makings of a very deep pitching staff in the future.

Troy Knutson Holmen
Riley O'Connell West Bend West
Mason Weckler Belvidere North(IL)

ShineTime

Is Aaron Simmons back for his 7th season or is he preparing for the MLB draft? I couldn't believe Pointers weren't ranked in pre season top 25 after winning the WIAC last year and having I thought damn near everyone back.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10