FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UfanBill

Quote from: unionpalooza on February 09, 2021, 11:00:46 AM
Anyone hearing anything interesting regarding the LL teams' recruits for this cycle?

In another news, it looks like the Union Athletics Department has put a variety of old classic games up on YouTube, include the '89 Stagg Bowl, the '89 Ferrum win, and '05 wins over RPI and Ithaca.  Fun stuff! 

https://youtube.com/user/GoUnionAthletics

With the cancellation of the 2020 season have we seen the last of Union seniors QB Will Bellamy, LB Colin Lama, DL Daniel Gioioso and OT Ryan Ehrets? How about stars RB Ike Irabor and WR Andre Ross Jr. All have the opportunity to come back in 2021 but will they? This past fall the Union football team practiced for some weeks, without pads, and without games to play.That group included 25, 2020 first years. Right now the 2021 recruits are making their commitments. Union has a policy of sending out a tweet called "Fire the Cannon" for each new recruit on their #Union Football twitter page. So far Union has welcomed seventeen newbies with a tweet that identifies only their state and whether they play offense or defense. One thing for sure with the 2020 recruits and the 2021 first years coupled, and including those veterans coming back, Union will have incredible depth. I can't wait to see who and what Union puts out there this fall.   
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

Hobart has had some interesting commitments from all over the US so far:

http://gohobart.blogspot.com

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Caz Bombers

The Double L returns to action on March 26 for spring sports. I hope it goes well for all involved and something like real seasons can be had for those teams. I was expecting The Full NESCAC, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says hello to all the mother****ers on here...with love. He drove by Frank Bailey Field on Saturday and saw his beloved Dutchmen out practicing in full pads. It was ****ing glorious. He stopped by and watched like the obsessed tool he is. Will Bellamy and Andre Ross Jr. were out in full force. It was an unexpected yet wonderful ****ing Saturday morning. That is all...
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Bartman

Quote from: Ice Bear on May 26, 2021, 10:34:54 AM
Ice Bear says hello to all the mother****ers on here...with love. He drove by Frank Bailey Field on Saturday and saw his beloved Dutchmen out practicing in full pads. It was ****ing glorious. He stopped by and watched like the obsessed tool he is. Will Bellamy and Andre Ross Jr. were out in full force. It was an unexpected yet wonderful ****ing Saturday morning. That is all...
Good to see the Ice Bear back anticipating the return of the Dutchmen. Bartman is also looking forward to the return of LL action this Fall but feels terrible for the Seniors that lost the last year of their D3 football career because they can't extend their participation and have to move on with life. The Statesmen gave us a glorious win at the end of the 2019 season over Cortland in the NYS Bowl and the rising Seniors didn't realize that was their last real game due to the virus. However, the 2021 Statesmen will return and attack Frank Bailey Field with a team hungry to silence that silly little pop gun the Dutchmen use to acknowledge scores....with all due respect.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

Union posted its schedule this morning. OOC home games are Morrisville and Springfield; roadies are Worcester State and Utica. Hobart and RPI are at Frank Bailey, Bombers at Butterfield.

UfanBill

Glad to see that Union was able to continue their recent scheduling pattern...with Worcester St. (a patsy) and Springfield (a solid test) they will have a yearly game in Massachusetts that continues their desire to show a presence in a major recruitment bed while allowing parents and alumni in New England, a nearby look at the Dutchmen...With Morrisville and Utica the Dutchmen are doing their part in scheduling two OOC games against the rival Empire 8, as both league's officials have desired.

I'm also very anxious to see which members of the juggernaut 2019 champs, last year's seniors, with an added year of eligibility might be coming back to finish their careers on the field. Players like Will Bellamy, Andre Ross Jr., Ryan Ehrets, Chris Katchadurian, Colin Lama and Dan Gioioso. There's this year's (still?) juniors Ike Irabor, Tim Driscoll and Brandon Scadlock. Those are just the All LL performers :o...plus 8 other starters...AND...There is the reportedly very talented 2020 recruitment class that has yet to play a game, but practiced last fall, and this year's newbies. The Dutchmen are still very much loaded (see what I did there)...FIRE THE CANNON  8-)     
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

Bartman

I do believe that Union should be the early season favorites to win the league as  they certainly had a very strong squad in 2019 and many should be returning in 2021. I've heard that QB Bellamy will not return, so that leaves someone in the enviable position to hand the ball off to Irabor and throw to ARJ. Having a Hobart rematch from the 2019 game of the undefeated at Bailey again does not seem fair since we skipped the rematch in 2020 at Boswell. Hobart has to go through Schenectedy and Ithaca in order to win the LL(their only losses in 2019), but with a number of returning super seniors combined with the undergrad returners and new recruits, the Statesmen's HC Dewall should have the boys ready for the LL season.  I also assume that Ithaca and RPI will put together very competitive squads and compete for the title, and I will be looking for surprises from the SLU and Buff State along with the Yellowjackets improvement. Hopefully the League can improve on their 19-15 OOC record in 2019. Less than 3 months to go ...GOBART!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Caz Bombers

RPI non-con: Montclair State, Stevenson, at WPI, Fisher

St. Lawrence non-con: at Endicott, Norwich, at Morrisville, Castleton

Rochester non-con: CWRU, Alfred State, at Brockport, at Hartwick (in November)

hopefully Bart, IC and Buff State will release soon.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on June 12, 2021, 09:13:09 AM

Caz:  Ithaca has posted only the non conference games versus Bridgewater (MA), Alfred and Cortland.

Love seeing the MA teams in the schedule as I'm guessing Bridgewater hosts IC in 2022.

ITH radio

Quote from: Caz Bombers on June 12, 2021, 09:13:09 AM

Both Buff State and Bart released their schedules on twitter last month.

Buff State opens vs. SJF, BYE, at Cortland, at Mo State

HOB opens at ALF (FNL), vs. Mo State, @SJF, vs. Keystone (new D3 program) for homecoming

Still waiting on IC but you could probably pull their schedule together based on what others have posted so far. Cortaca is at IC on 11/13, for example.

Caz Bombers

Hobart is playing Keystone? Jeez, and I thought Ithaca-Bridgewater State or Union-Worcester State were the gold standard for patsy games. That's going to look like one of those MIAC games where SJU or UST score 600,000 points.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on June 12, 2021, 09:18:19 PM
Hobart is playing Keystone? Jeez, and I thought Ithaca-Bridgewater State or Union-Worcester State were the gold standard for patsy games. That's going to look like one of those MIAC games where SJU or UST score 600,000 points.

I think in this odd year you take whatever games you can get.  Also thinking SJF or Brockport would be Ithaca's 4th non conference game?  I hope anyway.

Also see Cortland playing Wittenberg which is interesting....

stlawus

No Utica non-con game for SLU.  Played them the last 3 years, a few good games between the two.  I wonder why they're not on the schedule this year.  Endicott is a perfectly fine replacement for that game, but I really enjoyed the upstate match up.

ITH radio

IC is at Brockport on 9/11 (huge game for both teams).

The Keystone game for Hobart was something set up for homecoming in 2020 but obviously got cancelled. Rowan threw some shade at the Statesmen in their 2021 schedule press release for not honoring year 2 of their "contract" but this happens all the time in D3 (e.g., Fisher did it to Hobart a couple of years ago, hence the MSU add in 2019).

Keystone's HC is a former Mo State guy so I'm sure he's recruited well these past two years. Hobart should win, but I think the Giants will be a little bit  tougher of an out than some may expect.