Author Topic: D3boards.com history  (Read 8708 times)

Offline Mr. Ypsi

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: D3boards.com history
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2021, 11:08:33 pm »
I was hoping we'd get a lot of memories of humorous writers or writings from the past here... unfortunately not yet.... another hopefan idea down the drain  ::) ::) ::)

I am posting a year later since I did enjoy reading this thread. Unfortunately  I forget about this board for years at a time these days, but I had a lot of fun on these boards as a Brockport student then alum. All fond memories. Even arguing with JT on the politics board. I started even earlier than this incarnation, because I actually got banned as a student.  :D. I really do love this board and am so thankful for Pat et al. For creating it.

Hey, pg04 - good to hear from you!  I also argued with JT on the politics board (which got me at least half of the 'smites' I have; a majority of the politics boards posters were obviously allies of JT!)  (JT2 seems to have mellowed considerably!)

Pat is very conscientious and fair.  A few years ago I exploded at an SCIAC poster in terms that I deserved to be banned for, as a number of posters demanded that I be.  Pat responded that I had been taunted unmercifully for years for something that I never said in the first place, and, while not defending my response per se, refused to ban me.  Thanks Pat, for that AND especially for the website. :)

And sorry to have put you in that position! :(  Just like JT2, I've mellowed considerably.

Offline pg04

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2021, 11:30:24 pm »
I donít even remember what I got banned for, but while I was actually attending Brockport I was quite annoying on these boards at times. After graduating I mellowed a bit. I kinda wish message boards were still a major thing because I like this format. Posting on social media isnít the same!

Offline cubs

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2021, 01:14:06 pm »
I'm not exactly sure when my first post happened, but I was able to see that I have a post from February 2005, although it's listed as a different username despite the fact that I've used the same log in information for the past 15+ years.....

One of my all time favorite memories on this board is the back and forth between Pat and titan2000, and then more recently AppletonRocks.  I still believe they are one in the same, although I'm not sure that has ever been confirmed.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion