Covid Impact on Conference Scheduling

Started by hopefan, July 22, 2020, 04:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

I felt as we get closer to the "normal" school year, the readers of D3hoops would most easily keep up to date with conference reschedules, postponements or cancellations in one spot.... as far as I'm concerned, fall sports announcements could be reported here too, as they would likely help prepare us all for winter changes....

To start, it was reported in the NCAC room today... that all sports in the NCAC have been suspended until at least December 31, 2020.
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Just Bill

From what I have gathered, these are the conferences that have suspended all competition through the end of 2020, which would mean basketball would not start on time:

Liberty
North Coast
Old Dominion
SAA
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Pat Coleman

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on July 22, 2020, 08:09:27 PM
List of fall affected: https://www.d3sports.com/notables/2020/06/schools-call-it-off-for-fall

And this page also denotes which schools/conferences are out for the full fall semester, not just the fall sports season.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

hopefan

Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 22, 2020, 09:19:43 PM
List of fall affected: https://www.d3sports.com/notables/2020/06/schools-call-it-off-for-fall

And this page also denotes which schools/conferences are out for the full fall semester, not just the fall sports season.

Yikes, I had no idea the list was already so significant...  the D3sports item supplies it all.... I'll have to start checking it, as for all these years I've been 99% D3hoops with a smattering of D3football...

Pat this page that I started probably isn't required... feel free to take down....

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: hopefan on July 22, 2020, 09:53:19 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on July 22, 2020, 09:19:43 PM

Yikes, I had no idea the list was already so significant...  the D3sports item supplies it all.... I'll have to start checking it, as for all these years I've been 99% D3hoops with a smattering of D3football...

Pat this page that I started probably isn't required... feel free to take down....

I actually like it if it can be used as a central hub for school and conference shutdowns.

Floppah

I noticed Babson wasn't listed with the NEWMAC schools. Here is the statement released the other day.
https://www.babsonathletics.com/general/2019-20/releases/20200717flj75y

Greek Tragedy

Add the NACC to the list of all sports postponed for the fall semester.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

hopefan

Announced July 27

The President's Council of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC), after much deliberation and discussion, has voted to postpone the 2020 fall competition in the team sports of volleyball and soccer and move both sports to a spring 2021 season.

Men's and Women's Cross Country, Men's and Women's Golf and Men's and Women's Tennis will be allowed to have limited competitions during the fall of 2020 while following the directives of local, state, and national health organizations.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: hopefan on July 27, 2020, 08:13:28 PM
Announced July 27

The President's Council of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC), after much deliberation and discussion, has voted to postpone the 2020 fall competition in the team sports of volleyball and soccer and move both sports to a spring 2021 season.

Men's and Women's Cross Country, Men's and Women's Golf and Men's and Women's Tennis will be allowed to have limited competitions during the fall of 2020 while following the directives of local, state, and national health organizations.

What about field hockey? I'm on the East Coast so excuse my naivete...............what about football?

y_jack_lok

^^^ The SLIAC does not sponsor field hockey or football. While there are three or four conference schools that still have football programs, they affiliate elsewhere for conference play. To my knowledge there are no schools in the SLIAC that have field hockey teams.

Gregory Sager

Field hockey is strictly a northeastern thing.

That used to be the case for lacrosse as well, but that sport has made some serious inroads in the midwest over the past generation. But I don't foresee field hockey following suit.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

CNU85

The NJAC just announced no fall sports.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Gregory Sager on July 28, 2020, 01:31:39 PM

That used to be the case for lacrosse as well, but that sport has made some serious inroads in the midwest over the past generation. But I don't foresee field hockey following suit.

Thanks, I never knew that!! What does that make Squash (not the vile veggie either ;) ) ?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gregory Sager on July 28, 2020, 01:31:39 PM

Nope ... FH won't... Lacrosse has and I love it (spread cross the country) ... but FH has it's spots but not many. Even Stanford cut FH!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.