FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley Zayas

UMHB has inked four D2/D1 transfers within the last 10 days or so. Highlight being Houston's Jamaal Hamilton, though all 4 look to be guys who can contribute early.

https://truetothecru.com/2021/07/12/houstons-jamaal-hamilton-transferring-to-umhb/
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

Gray Fox

There is a poster on the Liberty League board saying the ASC will be moving to Region 3.
Fierce When Roused

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Gray Fox

Fierce When Roused

Etchglow

So.... Does this mean what I think it means?

https://twitter.com/Coach_Thrash/status/1417985059294961668?s=19

Is the band getting back together?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Gray Fox on July 21, 2021, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on July 21, 2021, 02:23:03 PM
That would me
Yes it would.
Nope. Region 6.

In 21 Stagg Bowls in the AQ era, there have been 21 teams from Region 6 participate (counting the Tommies) in the Stagg Bowl.

Ron Boerger

D3football's story on the regional alignments, including a list of teams by region, is here.   

The SAA is the conference that went to Region 3, appropriate given where the great majority of teams are located.  But given the imbalance in number of teams per region (if I counted right 34 for Region 3 and 50 for Region 6), I guess it's not implausible the AA might change their mind and move the ASC too.

crufootball

Quote from: Ron Boerger on July 22, 2021, 08:12:16 AM
D3football's story on the regional alignments, including a list of teams by region, is here.   

The SAA is the conference that went to Region 3, appropriate given where the great majority of teams are located.  But given the imbalance in number of teams per region (if I counted right 34 for Region 3 and 50 for Region 6), I guess it's not implausible the AA might change their mind and move the ASC too.

Nothing would surprise me with the NCAA but I have seen the In The Huddle guys say they believe that the NCAA will announce soon that the ASC will be moved to Region 3. I am just confused if they do since its not like it is new evidence that the ASC is more closely related to Region 3 but who knows.

It would make sense though, I posted this count to the Northwest board a few days ago, if the ASC was moved to Region 3, seems like it would even things out a bit more than they currently are.

Region 1:51...really 41 since the NESCAC doesn't compete in the playoffs
Region 2:31
Region 3:44
Region 4:35
Region 5:38
Region 6:40

ITH radio

It's what we've heard from a source close to the NCAA more than once, but it's worth checking again to see if it's going to be official or not.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: ITH radio on July 22, 2021, 01:11:36 PM
It's what we've heard from a source close to the NCAA more than once, but it's worth checking again to see if it's going to be official or not.

Is it more probable than Oklahoma and Texas going to the SEC. Which would be like UMHB and Hardin-Simmons going to the WIAC.

crufootball

Quote from: FANOFD3 on July 22, 2021, 09:36:36 PM

Is it more probable than Oklahoma and Texas going to the SEC. Which would be like UMHB and Hardin-Simmons going to the WIAC.

Haha I need to know which team in that comparison is Texas and which one is Oklahoma.

Ron Boerger

Quote from: crufootball on July 23, 2021, 09:20:54 AM

Haha I need to know which team in that comparison is Texas and which one is Oklahoma.

Well, neither one has played for a national championship recently, so ....

CowboyAlum261

As an alumnus of both Hardin-Simmons and Texas, I can say definitively that HSU is the UT here. Last real success on a national level was more than a decade ago, intermittent success in the years since but no real conference championships, just can't seem to get past their arch-rival on a consistent basis. Also, both bands love to play The Eyes of Texas, and both schools refer to campus as "The 40 Acres."

crufootball

Quote from: CowboyAlum261 on July 23, 2021, 10:56:49 PM

As an alumnus of both Hardin-Simmons and Texas, I can say definitively that HSU is the UT here. Last real success on a national level was more than a decade ago, intermittent success in the years since but no real conference championships, just can't seem to get past their arch-rival on a consistent basis. Also, both bands love to play The Eyes of Texas, and both schools refer to campus as "The 40 Acres."

I can go with that, just out of curiosity is there a historical reason for the HSU campus being referred to as the 40 acres?