MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I was hearing a lot of stuff out of Ursinus the last few weeks, but I could not get to the bottom of it (and no one on campus was going to talk even off the record) ... this sounds bad: https://www.ursinusgrizzly.com/student-athletes-distressed-by-possible-ncaa-violations/

I realize it appears they self-reported, but the hint of how many students are affected and the fact they informed the entire student body ... makes with think this is going to a massive problem.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

diplomaniac1

Folks - The Diplomats have finally posted their roster. It includes four new faces - all freshmen. The link to it follows below:

https://www.godiplomats.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/roster

Let the new season begin!

Eric

Swat Fan #1

Dave, that is huge. Can you keep us updated on that?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swat Fan #1 on November 03, 2018, 09:26:50 PM
Dave, that is huge. Can you keep us updated on that?

We/I are doing our best. It clearly is into an NCAA investigative stage ... that makes it hard, sometimes, to get information...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

mailsy

I just saw that F&M's Glenn Robinson is taking a leave of absence because of health reasons.

https://www.godiplomats.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/releases/20181109erod1t
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The season is kind of, sort of, possibly underway in Division III. With the earlier start being decided less than ten months prior, not every program was able to take advantage of the new date. There are still teams who haven't tipped off their seasons while others have already played two or three games this season.

That doesn't mean we can't find topics to talk about on Hoopsville!

Sunday, Dave is back live in studio with plenty of DIII conversation. Plus coaches talk about (high) expectations and being in charge of a program for the first time. Can St. Thomas women take the next step as a program? How will MIT's season be engineered? And from All-American to head coach, what it's like to take over a program for the first time.

Plus, the winningest men's coach in Division III history will not start the season on the bench. More on what has lead Glenn Robinson to take a medical leave of absence.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's show will hit the air at 7:00 p.m. ET and be watched here: http://bit.ly/2PPm16G. If you miss the show, you can always watch it On Demand. An audio-only podcast will also be available on the right side of the page (available shortly after the show goes off air).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Scheduled (order subject to change):
- Larry Anderson, No. 5 MIT men's coach
- Ruth Sinn, No. 5 St. Thomas women's head coach
- Mike McGarvey, Lycoming men's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Swat Fan #1

So sorry to hear about Coach Robinson. A total class act and always greets my son with a huge hug. Get better soon coach!

I was correct about the Freshman on Swat. I hear very good things about him. Look for Swat to be very tough this year again.

mailsy

I heard Swat looked very good(again) in the scrimmage at Cabrini last week. They are going to be tough. Good luck to them.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hear is what Glenn Robinson emailed me today:

Quote"I wasn't doing well so I fired myself.  Couldn't run, yell or think quickly enough to help the refs, so I thought it best to get a little better."

Seems Coach Robinson is doing just fine. :)

mailsy

Swat Fan #1

I emailed Coach Robinson and he wrote me a nice note. Said he would be back in two or three weeks.

*Corrected below

noonhooper

Not sure what "the freshmen" you are talking about. No freshman took 17 shots in the Swat game but the upperclassmen showed up in the first game to get that classic Swat-style win- FG% D, Rebounding Margin, Wear them down for a late surge.

Swat Fan #1

Quote from: noonhooper on November 13, 2018, 11:43:55 PM
Not sure what "the freshmen" you are talking about. No freshman took 17 shots in the Swat game but the upperclassmen showed up in the first game to get that classic Swat-style win- FG% D, Rebounding Margin, Wear them down for a late surge.

Sorry, they had the stats wrong last night and corrected them. You are correct. Swat is again big and strong and wore down a pretty good team who pushed the ball very well.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: noonhooper on November 13, 2018, 11:43:55 PM

Visconti is a highly-touted freshman - he had a great stat line, including on the boards, where Swat is pretty thin.  A lot of stuff to work on out of that game last night, but they did put the hammer down at the end when they needed to do so.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

BeRightOn

Does anyone know why Matt Gnias hasn't been getting into games for Muhlenberg?