2020 NCAA Tournament

Started by fantastic50, April 24, 2019, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Does anyone have any idea when the four games on Friday will be played and when the two games on Saturday will tip-off? Will it be two different sessions, say 11 am and 2 pm and then 5 pm and 8 pm?  Will Saturday's games be 1 and 4 or more like 5 and 8?  I booked my Fort Wayne hotel recently for Friday and Saturday, so depending on when the games are, I may have to get a Thursday hotel and possibly just drive home Saturday after the 2nd game. 
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 14, 2020, 10:30:03 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the four games on Friday will be played and when the two games on Saturday will tip-off? Will it be two different sessions, say 11 am and 2 pm and then 5 pm and 8 pm?  Will Saturday's games be 1 and 4 or more like 5 and 8?  I booked my Fort Wayne hotel recently for Friday and Saturday, so depending on when the games are, I may have to get a Thursday hotel and possibly just drive home Saturday after the 2nd game.

1pm, 3:30pm, 6pm, 8:30pm  Friday; 5pm and 7:30pm on Saturday (with a 2:15pm All-Star game)

The website says two sessions Friday, but it'll be really tight to try and clear the arena between those sessions.  You want the full weekend ticket anyway, so it won't matter.

https://www.muspartans.com/NCAA/

With eight teams ineligible, that's really going to open up the All-Star Game selections.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 15, 2020, 11:34:43 AM

1pm, 3:30pm, 6pm, 8:30pm  Friday; 5pm and 7:30pm on Saturday (with a 2:15pm All-Star game)

The website says two sessions Friday, but it'll be really tight to try and clear the arena between those sessions.  You want the full weekend ticket anyway, so it won't matter.

I just saw the same thing. I couldn't believe they're going to try to clear the arena and then do re-entry in 30 minutes.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: KnightSlappy on January 15, 2020, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 15, 2020, 11:34:43 AM

I just saw the same thing. I couldn't believe they're going to try to clear the arena and then do re-entry in 30 minutes.

Thirty minutes IF the early games get finished on time.  I suspect they're pushing the Full weekend ticket package pretty hard, so maybe they're just going to reserve certain sections for individual session attendees, which would be easier.

They have the D1 women's tourney the following weekend - I wonder if we're going to be guinea pigs for crowd control?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I think the biggest reason is they (any arena) tends to have four sections reserved for those fans of teams participating ... harder to do that with eight. They have to reuse sections and thus not able to necessarily sell those seats twice. This isn't for the general seating, but the fan-specific seats and such. If someone buys an all-weekend pass, I suspect they are seated somewhere where that doesn't matter.

I think Salem did the same thing, but I can't remember those logistics.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Greek Tragedy

I don't recall if I had "reserved" tickets or not. But, whenever we went to the 1st game, we sat where there were open seats. Once that game ended and the other team cleared out, we basically moved over behind the Pointer bench without any problem. I always got the upper level tickets, so maybe that played a part in it...also, there were only four teams everytime I went.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on January 15, 2020, 02:17:58 PM
I don't recall if I had "reserved" tickets or not. But, whenever we went to the 1st game, we sat where there were open seats. Once that game ended and the other team cleared out, we basically moved over behind the Pointer bench without any problem. I always got the upper level tickets, so maybe that played a part in it...also, there were only four teams everytime I went.

The sections they "reserve" they tend to do for those like students so they can have "crowds" in certain spots.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 15, 2020, 03:54:39 PM

The sections they "reserve" they tend to do for those like students so they can have "crowds" in certain spots.

You mean like where the camera's typically pointed? ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Is Turner still doing all the broadcasting in Ft. Wayne, even though there's no championship game there this year?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 15, 2020, 04:11:00 PM

Is Turner still doing all the broadcasting in Ft. Wayne, even though there's no championship game there this year?

They did in Salem in 2013.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Turner is still doing the games ... yes.

I am not sure about the Championship ... supposedly CBS Sports Network like 2013 (and after), but I always wait for confirmation with them.

Greek Tragedy

Annual question: Men or women get first preference the 1st weekend? Also, related: Will that have any effect on who hosts with the 2-1-2-0-1 format (obviously, only the first two weekends matter)?
Pointers
Breed of a Champion

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 19, 2020, 08:14:32 AM
Annual question: Men or women get first preference the 1st weekend? Also, related: Will that have any effect on who hosts with the 2-1-2-0-1 format (obviously, only the first two weekends matter)?

I tried to remember by thinking "____ are odd," but now I can't remember whether I was being misogynistic or not when I came up with that memory tool.

lmitzel

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 19, 2020, 08:17:40 AM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 19, 2020, 08:14:32 AM

I tried to remember by thinking "____ are odd," but now I can't remember whether I was being misogynistic or not when I came up with that memory tool.

Well played. :P

Pretty sure the men have priority this year (I only remember that because last year it was priority to the women, which was why there were rumblings about NCC hosting the first weekend going into conference tournament weekend.)
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE