MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The York 06

why dont u get with the program.

You have no clue pat coleman

i hate you

Mr. Ypsi

Does anyone else get the impression that The York 06 is not long for this board?!

Can anyone from York explain how he ever got admitted and has not yet flunked out?  (Of course, this assumes he IS a York student - for all I know he may be the 12-year-old kid that he appears to be!)

Pat Coleman

Hard to tell. The person has posted from all over, including a neighboring state.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ColonelJohn4Life

York 06 is approaching a (-1) karma for each post.  That's gotta be near an all-time record.  Perhaps this was why...
Quote from: The York 06 on January 18, 2006, 01:47:36 AM

i hate you
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

rmboy211

Y'all betta stop talking crap 'bout York college students. Just because they are slow doesnt give y'all the right to make fun of them.

Regarding Tyson, Im still waiting to hear how his drug dealing escapade went.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: ColonelJohn4Life on January 18, 2006, 02:29:28 AM
York 06 is approaching a (-1) karma for each post.  That's gotta be near an all-time record.  Perhaps this was why...
Quote from: The York 06 on January 18, 2006, 01:47:36 AM

i hate you

He's got a ways to go to beat 'footballfever' who managed -24 on 14 posts over in the general football thread (d3 vs. NAIA)!

Pat, did you pull the plug on the jerk, or did he simply slink away?  No posts in over two weeks!  (Hurray!)

And the all-time record (as far as I've seen) is Titan2000 (home base: WIAC) at around -115.  But he's been hovering aroung the same number for a couple of weeks (and has even recovered a bit lately) - I'm getting downright tempted to help his recovery with a bit of karma.  I think he's mellowed.

None of this, of course, is to imply that I pay ANY attention whatsoever to karma! ;)

kitchenrat

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on January 18, 2006, 01:54:10 AM

Can anyone from York explain how he ever got admitted and has not yet flunked out? (Of course, this assumes he IS a York student - for all I know he may be the 12-year-old kid that he appears to be!)

Who knows? G. W. Got in to Yale didn't he? Every School has it's C students. Some don't know when to use THEIR and and when to use THERE and some go looking for fights.
Vita nostra brevis est
Brevi finietur.
Venit mors velociter
Rapit nos atrociter
Nemini parcetur.

x33ycp

York 06, who are you? I have always enjoyed reading all posts, and most seem to have good points. I decided I had to post so YCP can save some face here. First of all, have you ever played at DuFour? When I played we beat them once, and it was always difficult to get a win down there. I think if you ask Coach Gamber, he has nothing but respect for the Cards and is expecting an absolute war in DC tonight. It will be a VERY tight game tonight. I think York is a bit more talented and a little deeper, but home court is worth at least 4-5 points. Should be a great game....GO SPARTANS!!!!

mwgoonie

York '06 is the exact kind of people that make fans of the CAC get their feathers ruffled. Some students'fan go to actually cheer their team. aNYWAYS, POOR TASTE.

as for CAC action....Tough field out there, as the seaosn so far has proved, and the action only gets sweeter.

Looking forward to all the games - especially MW's games (The FOur HOrsemen will appear this year).

and to a former CAC player and Sixers fan, Schmel's! How you gonna let York 'o6 talk like that....

x33ycp

Yeah, my guess is he's some freshman that really has no idea what he is talking about. If York can sweep this week, @CUA tonight and home on saturday against MWC, I think it will be very tough for anyone else to win the conference. That said, a sweep will be very difficult. All starts tonight in DC, because I dont think they will lose at home all year. These games become so important for seedings in the conference tourney. I know i dont want to be going down to DuFour or Goolrick (i know what that's like  ;)) in the tourney.

Matt Letourneau

Quote from: x33ycp on January 18, 2006, 07:31:17 AM
York 06, who are you? I have always enjoyed reading all posts, and most seem to have good points. I decided I had to post so YCP can save some face here. First of all, have you ever played at DuFour? When I played we beat them once, and it was always difficult to get a win down there. I think if you ask Coach Gamber, he has nothing but respect for the Cards and is expecting an absolute war in DC tonight. It will be a VERY tight game tonight. I think York is a bit more talented and a little deeper, but home court is worth at least 4-5 points. Should be a great game....GO SPARTANS!!!!

Rest assured that Catholic fans and the people who post on here just dismiss this York06 character, who at this point is just a flame thrower trying to bait us.  Everything I know about the York program leads me to believe they absolutely respect Catholic and would view this game as a tough test.  I know on the Catholic side of things, I have nothing but respect for York and I know my Cards are facing an excellent team tonight. 

It would be tough for anyone else to win the conference if York sweeps this week, but strange things happen--you never know when a Salisbury or a Marymount will show up, get it together, and upset one of the top teams.

cuabigdog

tonights game CUA vs YORK could in my opinion be CAC's version of MD vs DUKE with intensity and excitement..tonights game could very well be decided at the line as well as turnovers.. it should prove to be an evening to remember to those who attend...also let's hope the officials are on their game tonight as well........  GO CARDS !!!
CUA 2001 NCAA  DIII Basketball National Champions

mwgoonie

Besides, YCP - who is clearly the team to beat and CUA, always tough - always intense,  I think MW is the wildcard, alogn with maybe Gally.

Depends on personel for Coach Wood.
Here's a list of starters that are no longer on the team that would change the landscape of MW's line up

John Hurd - Big and 3's
Ian Summers - Inside force
K. Moore (Yao) - Big Guy that was just starting to come around
Josh Wilson - Athletic, big, and defensive

We have Baker, Pierce, and Lee - although Lee hasn't had to carry the load and shots way too many 3s.

anyways, just some thoughts from MW's side, as we don't get much asction on the board anymore.
Clint, where are you?

x33ycp

Since Im giving a mid-term today I have alot of time.....let's look at matchups for tonight's game.....

Kelly vs. Zerfing......I think Brad has become has become the most solid PG in the CAC....not flashy....but really gets the job done...Kelly i remember can really get after it on D.....very slight advantage to YCP

Satalin vs. Bushey....Satalin is tough, but I dont think he has become the player everyone at CUA thought he would become....Bushey is simply one the premier guards in the region.....advantage YCP

Fumai vs. Fass.....Kenny makes York go and is one of the better guards in the conference...he does alot of things very well....Fumai is a solid player that continues to improve.....EVEN

Singer vs. Dwyer? This could be a key matchup....both sides have an advantage. Singer down low against Dwyer will cause problems...but Dwyer can take him outside and become a problem. McGowan might cover Dwyer anyway......EVEN

McGowan vs. Sowden....Great matchup...Chad is the next great player to come through YCP. He is having a great year and is a much better player than he was last year (CAC Rookie of the Year) But Sowden is the best big man in the conference....slight advantage to CUA...only because of Sowden's experience..

Bench-----Yeck, Fry, and Lee and Howard might be the X factor in YCP getting a victory...advantage YCP

Just my thoughts....i could be totally off base here....Ive only seen YCP 3 times this season, but I've played with alot of these guys....I remember most of CUA's players. Any other opinions??

mwcsid

For those unable to make it in person to a game tonight...
UMW at Goucher doubleheader live webcast at 5:30 and 7:30.

http://athletics.umw.edu/broadcastschedule.htm