MBB: Coast 2 Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Mr. Ypsi, March 27, 2005, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BisonKiller

Quote from: bisonpride on February 21, 2006, 01:21:59 PM
Quote from: BisonKiller on February 21, 2006, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: bisonpride on February 21, 2006, 10:43:30 AM
Robert Haney, Jr. passed former Bison great and other Indiana native, Brian Bippus (1,882 points) as #2 on the career points during last saturday Catholic game.. Anthony Jones still hold the top spot on the Gallaudet all-time scoring list with 2,255 points.

I might recall that today's first time ever that Gallaudet host a CAC play off game at home.

Salisbury @ Gallaudet - 7:30pm tonight!

Is that why he was ball hogging vs Catholic?   So that he could pass Bippus?

Nope, it is not the reason why he is a ball hogging.. He is not even a ball hogging but a playmaker. He tried to make thing happen.. Haney, don't believe in the term of ball hogging and what even more.. it's not in his dictionary. Disagree with me then feel free to go and ask him, yourself. We happen to not play that well against Catholic in overall.. But we are move onto the conference tourney.

Good Luck to you all tonight! Let "Goucher Miracle" happen again for 3rd straight games.

Oh really....I'm not the only one thinking that he was ball hogging...Pretty much everyone else I've spoken to that was was the game did too.  'Pride, you are the first to disagree with my assessment.  Even our beloved Cardinal fan Matt felt the same way even though he didn't directly say it.

Matt wrote: 

"...On the other hand, they played great defense on Haney and Jackson who had subpar games even though they got their points--17 for Haney, but on 5-17 shooting..."

then he said:

"...Anytime you have 6 assists for the whole game, you're not playing team basketball, and that was Gally's problem--no real ball movement, only Haney and Jackson free-lancing.  Those guys are good, but they aren't THAT good..."

If I was shooting 5 for 17, I'd stop shooting.  Hell, I'd be afraid of the coach jumping on my arse.  A 5 for 17 shooting tells me that "I'm not having a good shooting game...perhaps its time for me to get more of my teammates involved"

Haney (and Jackson) can't possibly be the only players on this Gallaudet squad that can shoot the ball...

mwgoonie

Barring any "suprises" Thursday's potential showdown at the "Bird Bath" aka Dufour between the feathered rivals MW and CUA should the best game of the tourney. I know, York is likely to blow out the competition in all of their cames so....

If MW does meet YCP in the finals, I think YCP wins because MW has no consistent inside presence. CUA, however, does and I think provides the best matchup (it pains me). MW can "gun" with YCP but has no way of stopping low post play. CUA can get hot and make the stops it needs.

But what do I know?

Matt Letourneau

Well, I think you're right, which probably only weakens your case....

mwgoonie

Yes, well, this year seems as crazy as any other year so anything can happen.

I just hope Coach Wood is recruiting a big guy that will stay with the program all 4 years.

BisonKiller

mwcsid

Half at Goolrick

UMW 40, Marymount 17

Mike Lee 15, Pierce 12 for UMW.
MU has 14 turnovers in the first half.

ycp

At the half from YCP...

York 50-Goucher 30

York is paced by Kenny Fass and Brandon Bushey with 15 and 11 points respectively. James Russo leads the Gophers with 12 points.

York shot 64.3% (18-28) from the floor in the first half including 11-for-17 (64.7%) from three. Goucher shot 38.7% (12-31) from the floor including 5-for-16 (31.3%) from three.

The Spartans have done an outstanding job of sharing the ball as they already have 17 assists.

BisonKiller

mwcsid

7:15 left...
UMW 73, MU 48

Lee has seven 3's, four Eagles in double figures

mwcsid

Final - UMW 86, MU 63

Lee 25, Pierce 23, Fitzgerald 18 pts, nine assists Kiernan Whitworth had 13 pts and 11 rebs.

ycp

Final from York...

York 89-Goucher 68

Details later

eaglefan

Feel for you Gally.  Have always admired the program.
Let's go Eagles.  Let me hear confirmation of the W!
What's up with Catholic?

eaglefan

Great win for UMW.  Have to admit I was a bit concerned going into the game.  Now on to a big roll!  GO EAGLES