WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJRoyal137

Quote from: Royals85 on April 21, 2021, 02:51:20 PM
Congrats to a young lady making 1st team on d3hoops and only a sophomore (Bridgette Monahan) Future -looks very bright for the Lady Royals!!!

This team has the makings of a national champion next season

saratoga

NJRoyal:

I'd really love to drink some of that Kool Aid but I think I'm going to pass right now.
The Lady Royals are loaded with guards & that's a good thing.
What they are sorely missing is a post presence that is comfortable in that role and can add to the scoring mix when the guards are having an off night.
They currently have some role players that rotate in & out & do the best they can but they are clearly not comfortable or that knowledgeable about gaining post position, boxing out or really going after rebounds for put-backs.
In fact, I bet more offensive rebounds came from freshman Maddy Ryan than any of the bigs.
Can't tell you how many rebounds I saw actually hit the floor first before being grabbed because 2 or 3 players were simply watching the ball as opposed to going for it off the rim. How many times did Bridget, the smallest player on the floor, lead the team in rebounds by the end of the night?
Clearly lots of positives when firing on all cylinders to build upon but far from a complete team that can take it to you with confidence both inside & out.
Also, too many unforced turnovers. Championship calibre teams don't have 14 by the end of the game let alone halftime.
Many of the pieces are there for the foundation of some really great teams.
Now it's up to the coach to bring in the right kids to make this team far more balanced.
If he does, you may be right in another year or two.
If he doesn't, it will probably be another early exit.

saratoga

Let's go Lady Royals...share some names of who's joining the club.
I've already seen Moravian, Susquehanna, Drew, TCNJ, Williams & CNU getting some talent out of Jersey.

Royals85

Congrats to Shibles getting a D1 head coaching job!Amazing D3 coaches going to D1programs.Woodruff,Berube and Shibles 3 of the best in D3.Wish them all the best

Royals85

Ronk,Saratoga,Nepafan,Etc !Any insight on recruits coming to the Lady Royals for this up coming season?I understand May 7th but usually you know who is coming!I just hope that going for a division one job didn't get in the way of recruiting,Because every coach should recruit even though they are looking to move up you never never leave the cupboards bare!

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Royals85 on May 07, 2021, 02:01:35 AM
Ronk,Saratoga,Nepafan,Etc !Any insight on recruits coming to the Lady Royals for this up coming season?I understand May 7th but usually you know who is coming!I just hope that going for a division one job didn't get in the way of recruiting,Because every coach should recruit even though they are looking to move up you never never leave the cupboards bare!

Nothing that I am aware of. But I am sure we have a few coming in.. I'll have the research party look over the weekend and report back.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

We've just seen 1 commit so far - Megan Brewer of upstate NY. In the preseason WBB interview with Coach Dipillo by Harry Dammer & Dean Corwin, plural commits was the phrase used by the coach then; we haven't come up with who the additional recruit(s) is(are).
  This week, however, I've noticed a sign of strong interest(since this is within the week of required class spot reservation) on the part of a prospect; when/if I find confirmation, I'll mention it then. This is unlikely to be one of those  previously-mentioned commits from that preseason show. And, for Saratoga's benefit, she's not his desired post player.

saratoga

Tim:
We need your sleuthing skills on the women's side as well.  ;)
I've tried all my old haunts & zip, zilch, nada regarding commits for this year.

Tim the Enchanter

Quote from: saratoga on May 10, 2021, 06:44:52 PM

Tim:
We need your sleuthing skills on the women's side as well.  ;)
I've tried all my old haunts & zip, zilch, nada regarding commits for this year.

Alas, I've been coming up empty too. 

ronk

Here's the link for Matt Bufano 42-min interview w/ Trevor Woodruff covering his career from high school to the present.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2FVRwqInn3W2pVcj6EwDF4?si=qdC8UTUuSTWJMzA7fpcQ8A&nd=1

ronk

Checking back, it was May 7 last year when the Lady Royals tweeted a welcoming pic for each of the 5(Maddy Ryan was a later addition to the class) incoming frosh; so, they're at least a week later now, and counting, for them to do the same this year.

saratoga

In the past, it was always the men's team that rarely posted anything early regarding recruits.
We've been spoiled in recent years with Trevor getting his classes announced right after May 1st.

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

NEPA:
Now we're starting to cook. ;)
In addition to the D-1 transfer from St. Francis Brooklyn, there is a 6' freshman from Ellicott City, Md. & the aforementioned guard from upstate NY. who was recently named to the first team All-Syracuse (small school division).

ronk

Quote from: ronk on May 07, 2021, 02:38:10 PM

We've just seen 1 commit so far - Megan Brewer of upstate NY. In the preseason WBB interview with Coach Dipillo by Harry Dammer & Dean Corwin, plural commits was the phrase used by the coach then; we haven't come up with who the additional recruit(s) is(are).
  This week, however, I've noticed a sign of strong interest(since this is within the week of required class spot reservation) on the part of a prospect; when/if I find confirmation, I'll mention it then. This is unlikely to be one of those  previously-mentioned commits from that preseason show. And, for Saratoga's benefit, she's not his desired post player.

Ashlyn Bender is the prospect that I referred to above 2 weeks ago; she has worked out a number of times at the gym that I play pickup ball in but I hadn't seen her since it closed because of covid. Was going to check her out during her high school season this year but, again, I don't think she had one because of covid. Ashlyn has considerable potential as a mobile wing. JR. Hilite link:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10874203/5e44c154b3c8711b780e4770

Abby Anderson was on my prospect list 4 years ago, with a sibling already @ Scranton, and I lobbied Trevor heavily for her but he was slow in agreeing with me until she had committed to D1 St. Francis(NY). Saw her on the transfer portal( grad xfer) a few weeks ago and mentioned that to Nick. Abby was a good softballer, also, if I remember; maybe she'll do that, also.

Trevor has 2(Abby Kapp & Autumn Ceppi) of his grads in the xfer portal also; maybe 1 will go to Scranton; knew Abby's great-grandparents in West Scranton; they ran a mom/pop grocery store a block from my grandfather; Saratoga was acquainted with it, also.