WBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by charge, October 30, 2004, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldini

The Transylvania schedule on D-3 Hoops shows the game against Morehead State as postponed, but that game was played on December 15th and even in defeat the Pioneers played the D-1 opponent well. The Pioneers are 3-3 as they head into conference play this coming week.

Jester1390

I watched the hanover-manchester game   Hanover won 69-65. Hanover sporting new club  Manchester has a 6'1 guard averaging double figures looks to be the real deal have to wait to se e how she does when some defense is played

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Baldini on January 10, 2021, 09:07:19 PM
The Transylvania schedule on D-3 Hoops shows the game against Morehead State as postponed, but that game was played on December 15th and even in defeat the Pioneers played the D-1 opponent well. The Pioneers are 3-3 as they head into conference play this coming week.

Thanks. We had it correctly postponed on the 7th, but missed the reschedule.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

FCGrizzliesGrad

Mens preseason poll came out today so I expect womens will likely be tomorrow.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Jester1390

ok franklin,baldini and hopefully engine havent seen him on here in awhile. Here are my picks I have no clue but here we go.

Rose splits with franklin

Transy over anderson

mt st over hanover  one game was cancelled if for some reason they play it will be a split

bluffton 2 wins  over defiance

manchester earlham games cancelled but i would have taken a split

Jester1390

Poll is out  Rose picked 7th already have texted and said this should be feul for you girls.  I have no ideal on how they are going to be they lost a big time talent  but she also struggled really bad with free throws and turning the ball over but can they replace her rebounding.  Happy the kid made the to watch list  only time will tell

http://www.heartlandconf.org/news/2021/1/11/2020-21-womens-basketball-preseason-poll.aspx

Baldini

1-14-2021

Hanover over Manchester
Transylvania over Anderson in a good one.
Franklin over Rose-Hulman

1-15-2021

Bluffton over Defiance

1-16-2021

Hanover over Manchester
Anderson over Transylvania
Franklin over Rose-Hulman
Defiance over Bluffton

FCGrizzliesGrad

Hanover @ Manchester
Anderson @ Transy
Franklin @ Rose

Bluffton @ Defiance

Rose @ Franklin
Defiance @ Bluffton
Manchester @ Hanover
Transy @ Anderson

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Jester1390

Hanover over manchester
Transy over anderson
franklin ove rose  they only have 8 girls  it hink tonight injuries not related to covid.

bluffton over defiance
transy over anderson
bluffton over defiance
rose over franklin hoping they wore them down in first game

Jester1390

Hanover 68-64 over Manchester.  Thought son game.  Manchester struggle nightly against the press.  Freshman number 11 reminds me of nosa from rose last year dominant for them on boards. Not good at free throws. Doesn't love her feet defensively got i. Foul trouble but when she is off court.  Their play drops off.  Hanover not the same team defensively and not strong rebounding  but when they had to play defense last 4 min they turned it up a notch. Very well coached team he doesn't panick

Jester1390

well interesting loss to Franlin 79-61   couple of things where the hell did the defense go doesnt help in firs thalf out socred on turnovers 18-1 but ther eis good news.   after a horrendous first period  they played at the same level as franklin actually got the lead down to seven with a minute to go and some subs wer emade i wont remark on and some freshman made freshman mistakes and all of sudden down 13 at half.  only 9 turnovers in 2nd half huge improvement from 15 in first. They socred 66 points tying their high from last year where they only score din the 60's 5 times.

personl on my kid 30 minutes 3 shots with one coming at end of game at buzzer scored 5 points i love her but  she has to shoot the damn ball no threes in the game for rose.  The kid played great defense her assignments with 0 points. I dont understand why they dont shift her down on a big when our interior players struggle but then i know that leaves the guard with more openings. The whole game not one 3 was attempted over her because of her length.   The freshman played hard as all the rose players do. It will be simple for them dont run the ball over and they will win more then there fair share. I would almost bet 100k there is no way franklin ends up in 70's on saturday,

I think Frankin will win the divison i odnt think transy will be able to outscore them as there defense is not as goood as it was last year

FCGrizzliesGrad

Rose-Franklin game has been cancelled... men still set to play.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Jester1390

Bad day for rose. A player tested positive so they are all on 14 day sequestration at the holiday inn.  So next weekend and I think also the following weekend unless they move the Thursday game to Sunday they might paly