FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhythm21

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 09, 2021, 03:00:56 PM
The only NACC action on the docket tomorrow now is:

Rockford/Eureka and
CUW/Ripon

BOTH playoff games have been scratched due to COVID protocols.

This sucks, but it's important to make sure everyone stays safe and is healthy for the fall season.

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 09, 2021, 03:03:41 PM
CUW/Ripon:  Falcons should win this one (they want to make a big-time statement after their 6-turnover game vs Rockford last week.)

Eureka/Rockford:  This could go either way, these teams are that evenly matched. Bradford and Manno (sp) vs. Regents' Owens and then the running game (Hughes vs Johnson)-a track meet-like score wouldn't surprise me.

The Rockford game is intriguing because it is 2 programs I think heading in different directions. I'll be surprised if it's not a one score game going into the 4th. I think Rockford is ascending and will pull it out.
AU Black and Blue

WLCALUM83

CUW beats Ripon by 10, but the Ripon kicker missed on 2 FG attempts. Ripon scores 13 pts late to make it a bit interesting, but the Falcon defense came up with several sacks to hold Ripon off to get the win.
"When you come to the fork in the road, take it."

Rhythm21

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 10, 2021, 05:26:51 PM
CUW beats Ripon by 10, but the Ripon kicker missed on 2 FG attempts. Ripon scores 13 pts late to make it a bit interesting, but the Falcon defense came up with several sacks to hold Ripon off to get the win.

#6 for Ripon was doing all he could to keep them in the game, but CUW pulled it off.

Meanwhile, no Jaelen Ray playing for Rockford today as far as I can tell, probably protecting him for the fall. The QB they have playing is having a rough go. He needs to start getting the ball in Joey Owens's hands or it's going to be a long day. Rockford's pass defense has come up with some takeaways and is playing well, but their run D cannot stop Joe Hughes and Eureka's run game. The 3rd quarter will indicate if this game will be a complete blowout or if Rockford has some fight left in 'em.
AU Black and Blue

WLCALUM83

Also, what hasn't helped is that on 2 occasions in the first half, the Regents' punter couldn't even get 4th down punts off, and Eureka, more often than not, will take advantage when there's a short field to work with offensively.

Rhythm21

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 10, 2021, 05:54:05 PM
Also, what hasn't helped is that on 2 occasions in the first half, the Regents' punter couldn't even get 4th down punts off, and Eureka, more often than not, will take advantage when there's a short field to work with offensively.

Very good point. Hard to win when your defense is expected to stop Joe Hughes from inside your own 10 yard line. And to his credit, Sam Cade Jr. came out and had a good 2nd half.

Any word on why CUC isn't playing these last 2 weeks?
AU Black and Blue

WLCALUM83

I heard the Cougars had a lot of players injured.

WLCALUM83

The Aurora/Lakeland game has been cancelled due to COVID protocols.

Rhythm21

Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 15, 2021, 09:17:38 AM
The Aurora/Lakeland game has been cancelled due to COVID protocols.

Such a shame. Hope all this madness is behind us come the fall season.
AU Black and Blue

WLCALUM83

Barring any further last-minute cancellations--

Eureka/CUW:  Falcon's QB Linn has shown he can guide the offense well enough to make it click. Methinks they might go the "ball control" route to keep Eureka's strong offense off the field as much as possible. Eureka RB Hughes and WR's Bradford and Mono have had very productive games of late.

WLC/Benedictine:  Warrior's Yockey's strong arm vs. a Benedictine defense that can be very opportunistic at times. The Warrior D will be tested big time trying to slow down Lopez & Co. I'm hoping that WLC puts up a strong showing.

WLCALUM83

CUW/Eureka:  Hughes and Bradford apparently did not play for Eureka today. CUW's passing offense was hitting on all cylinders early and that, coupled with early Red Devil turnovers enabled the Falcons to get a big lead and hold on for the home win.

WLCALUM83

Apparently, WLC/Benedictine was cancelled, too. (COVID protocols).

So 3 of the teams that  MISSED the NACC playoffs got to see more action-

Pat Coleman

Quote from: PlayerTurnedCoach13 on April 30, 2021, 09:36:24 AM
Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 11, 2021, 02:01:54 PM

I think it had a lot more to do with CUC only scoring 1 TD in 4 games and their coach resigning before the spring season started... what a mess

Aubry resigned?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Rhythm21

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 30, 2021, 09:52:35 AM
Quote from: PlayerTurnedCoach13 on April 30, 2021, 09:36:24 AM
Quote from: WLCALUM83 on April 11, 2021, 02:01:54 PM

I think it had a lot more to do with CUC only scoring 1 TD in 4 games and their coach resigning before the spring season started... what a mess

Aubry resigned?

Did he already? He's still listed on CUC's site, but that program's been in middle-to-back of the pack limbo for the better part of a decade so it wouldnt surprise me.
AU Black and Blue

Captain_Joe08

CUC is at a crossroads. They are slipping backwards towards the time were they struggled to win a game in the Illni-Badger. The period when they were a force in the NACC looks distant at this point.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Rhythm21

Quote from: Captain_Joe08 on May 03, 2021, 09:43:39 PM
CUC is at a crossroads. They are slipping backwards towards the time were they struggled to win a game in the Illni-Badger. The period when they were a force in the NACC looks distant at this point.

Too true. Their offense was fierce back in the early 2010's. Looks like they have struggled to find a gameplan that fits their QB's strengths these last 5+ seasons.

But on another note, AU just started to announce their incoming recruits for this fall on twitter. Here is the link if you anyone wants to check them out: https://twitter.com/AU_SpartanFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I've already mentioned a few recruits in this class with highlights that caught my eye. Riley Caines and Drew Henson to name a couple (Both now officially committed) along with a few others. And I haven't gone through the recruiting class completely yet, but with Tyran Bailey only having one year of eligibility left, keep an eye on incoming freshman Martease Edwards from Tennessee (https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9955398/5f5b8a4c19a59d018c885c23) . Everyone else on the field looked like they were playing in slow motion. He's listed at 5'9 185 and played corner, RB and was also used in the return game (This last part being a theme with the recruits in the last couple classes). At each position, he played with physicality and instinct. He has great hands and I believe he fits perfectly with what Coach Beebe wants in his RB. I don't think there is a chance he doesn't find his way onto the field this fall. He can be used in all 3 phases.
AU Black and Blue