Author Topic: BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 989091 times)

Offline PauldingLightUP

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
Re: BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #5880 on: April 30, 2021, 12:05:17 pm »
Pat and Jim, the top six teams are qualifying the for WIAC tournament this year, which is incorrectly stated on the d3b Playoff Central page.

https://wiacsports.com/news/2021/3/17/2021-wiac-baseball-preview.aspx

4v5 and 3v6 on May 19 for single games.

Then double elimination at UWW on 21st and 22nd.

Unless, maybe you all have heard different from the league, please correct me.

Offline Jim Dixon

• D3baseball.com Guru
  • Global Moderator
  • All-Region
  • Managing Editor, D3baseball.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: May 02, 2021, 09:05:24 pm »
Pat and Jim, the top six teams are qualifying the for WIAC tournament this year, which is incorrectly stated on the d3b Playoff Central page.

https://wiacsports.com/news/2021/3/17/2021-wiac-baseball-preview.aspx

4v5 and 3v6 on May 19 for single games.

Then double elimination at UWW on 21st and 22nd.

Unless, maybe you all have heard different from the league, please correct me.

Thanks for the info

Offline ShineTime

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: May 03, 2021, 11:08:34 pm »
Is this the best pointer offense since Jordan Zimmermanís freshman year or is the competition not all that great? Sure looks like Simmons, Nelson, and Comer are one of the top 2-4 hitters in the nation.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Offline cubs

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: May 12, 2021, 11:58:26 pm »
Eau Claire gets their first WIAC win against someone other than Finlandia, and they do it in stunning fashion!

Not only did they defeat Whitewater, who was recently ranked the #1 team in the Midwest Region, they did it via the "mercy rule" winning 11-1 in seven innings.  To top it off, they defeated previously unbeaten Westin Muir, who entered the contest with a perfect 7-0 record.

To say this result was the most surprising of the 2021 WIAC Baseball season might be a bit of an understatement!
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Offline PauldingLightUP

• Second-stringer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: Yesterday at 12:10:37 am »
It could go deep into tiebreakers between Point and Whitewater if they have the same results on Saturday for one and two seeds. They split 2-2 in conference play.

A lot to figure out on Saturday night for seeds 1 and 2 and seeds 3 and 4.

Anyway you slice it Oshkosh and La Crosse will host games next Wednesday, Platteville and Stout will play on the road next Wednesday, Point and Whitewater receive byes, Eau Claire and Finlandia will not make the postseason tournament.

Offline ShineTime

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: Today at 12:07:58 am »
Nat Richter coach of year anyone??? Wasnít Point picked to finish behind Finladia this year and here their the best team in the WIAC?
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Offline ShineTime

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: Today at 12:10:31 am »
One things for sure I wonít ever look at d3 baseball top 25 again zero credibility not having UWSP in the top 25 when their in first in the best conference in country and split with the supposed number 4 team. That was my laugh for the week Iíd like to know a team that can put a lineup out like Points itís not happening.
GOTTA LOVE ACT 10

Offline cubs

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: Today at 12:29:53 am »
Nat Richter coach of year anyone??? Wasnít Point picked to finish behind Finladia this year and here their the best team in the WIAC?
There wasn't a WIAC preseason poll, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from....

As far as "best team in the WIAC", since they are tied with Whitewater, couldn't the Warhawks also say the same thing?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Online tomt4525

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: Today at 09:24:11 am »
UWSP isn't the best team in the WIAC, that still belongs to Whitewater.  Yes, they are tied in the standings but UWSP can't compete with the pitching depth that Whitewater has.  Lets not forget that Whitewater is 4-0 over the Pointers in non-conference matchups.

With that being said, I am definitely pleasantly surprised with this years team considering it is mostly made up of holdovers from Jirschele's poor teams.  The last full season in 2019, a lot of these same players managed to lose a game to Finlandia.  Richter definitely deserves Coach of the Year and Jirschele deserves more criticism than I even give him.