FB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Adam Sayer, December 24, 2006, 10:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FCGrizzliesGrad

I have no idea. Conference was supposed to start a week earlier but those games were pushed back to the end of the season. Everyone else played games this weekend so no idea why Panthers-Lions was a scrimmage.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Pat Coleman

No idea here, and the conference website had it as a game all day Saturday, so apparently nobody told the conference either?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

FCGrizzliesGrad

MSJ football twitter posted Saturday morning
QuoteScrimmage vs @HanoverFTBL this afternoon! Our guys are Excited for the opportunity to compete!
which Hanover responded to soon after. That's the only mention of it I could see. So apparently they went in that morning knowing it was a scrimmage not a game. :-\

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

formerd3db

Some sad news to report. Some of you remember cave2bens who posted on here fairly regularly over the years until about just over a year ago. I am sad to report that I just found out the other day that he passed away in late January this year after losing his courageous battle with cancer. He was a good and honest man and his posts here on the various boards were respectful and insightful, often laced with a little levity, which we all need occasionally. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family. He will be missed here.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

HSCTiger74

Quote from: formerd3db on March 14, 2021, 09:10:48 PM
Some sad news to report. Some of you remember cave2bens who posted on here fairly regularly over the years until about just over a year ago. I am sad to report that I just found out the other day that he passed away in late January this year after losing his courageous battle with cancer. He was a good and honest man and his posts here on the various boards were respectful and insightful, often laced with a little levity, which we all need occasionally. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family. He will be missed here.

Sad to hear that, I always enjoyed his posts. Thank you for letting us know.
TANSTAAFL

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on March 15, 2021, 10:13:14 AM
Quote from: formerd3db on March 14, 2021, 09:10:48 PM

Sad to hear that, I always enjoyed his posts. Thank you for letting us know.

I concur with these sentiments.  Does anyone know the origin or meaning of the post-name "cave2bens"?  That's one of those posting names that most intrigued me.

wally_wabash

Thank you for sharing, Doc, and I'm saddened to hear that news.  Cave was a wonderful contributor to this board- staying connected here while living for quite some time in faraway lands like Botswana and Atlanta.  I was always happy to get a check in from Cave in my offline messages.  Always pleasant, always thoughtful; he'll be missed for sure. 

Ypsi, while I don't know exactly the provenance of Bob's screen name, I've always read it as a reference to his connection to Wabash, where we are sometimes known as cavemen (that unofficial nickname was much more prevalent in his time at the College than mine).   

I'll raise a glass of TWR to honor our friend.  Here's to a real one!
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

70_dc_alum

It's been several years since I have posted but I remember an exchange I had with Cave2Bens right after he first started posting where he told me where the name came from.  I searched my email but it It looks like those older messages I lost a few years back when I lost my hard drive.  if i remember correctly when he went to defiance there was a Bar there named Bens and when they decided to go out they would end up caving in and going to bens or something like that.  He was a great guy and definitely lived a cool life.

I've watched all of defiances games this year and the are starting to improve and have some real talent.  this spring should be huge for their development as their big issue has been consistency which is what you get with a young team.  they have a couple rbs that can play with a speed back and a 5'10" 275lb power back who is really fun to watch.  i predict some big movement for them going into the fall especially if the SRs return.  will be interesting to see how the matchup with franklin this week if they are healthy.  they gave away the game vs bluffton, big learning experience.

FCGrizzliesGrad

With schedules being posted here's the non-conference games

Anderson: @ Hope, @ Alma, ??
Bluffton: @ Alma, vs St Vincent, @ Kalamazoo
Defiance: @ Capital, vs Albion, vs Alfred St
Franklin: @ Illinois Wesleyan, vs Rhodes, vs UW-Platteville
Hanover: @ Centre, vs Adrian, @ Albion
Manchester: vs Trine, vs Alma, @ Olivet
Mount St Joseph: vs Albion, @ Alfred, @ Trine
Rose-Hulman: vs Wabash, @ Trine, @ Hope

MIAA has 14, SAA has 2, CCIW, E8, ECFC, NCAC, OAC, PAC, WIAC all with 1.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

MRMIKESMITH

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on June 09, 2021, 02:07:55 AM

Any room for a NJAC team on the 18th of September of 9th of October? Asking for a friend  ;)

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: FANOFD3 on June 09, 2021, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on June 09, 2021, 02:07:55 AM

Any room for a NJAC team on the 18th of September of 9th of October? Asking for a friend  ;)
The friend will be disappointed. The only non-announced game (Anderson) won't be either of those dates.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

jayhawkdaddy

According to the Lakeland University page they will be at Anderson University on Sept 11.

FCGrizzliesGrad

I was hoping it'd be an NACC team... didn't have any of them scheduled yet. That means 10 different conferences faced in non-conference play.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer