Author Topic: Liberty League  (Read 528291 times)

Offline nyhoopstalk

• Junior Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty League
« Reply #2685 on: April 15, 2020, 08:51:53 am »
Ithaca loses some firepower along with Mullins retiring, but I bet they'll be fine with Burton at the helm.  They won't miss too big of a beat.    Next year is going to be interesting.   RPI and Hobart should be top dog, and Union only loses one player.  I can't imagine Skidmore will be as poor as they were this year.   My alma mater did not have a great season but they were quite young and affected by injuries all year, including one who was supposed to be the starting center.   Doesn't hurt to have the last 2 LL rookies of the year in the starting squad next season.    I'd keep an eye out for Clarkson next year too.

I believe this infusion of youth will propel Ithaca to becoming a major player in the LL/East Region for years to come. Between the campus and facilities at Ithaca, there is plenty of reason for top D3 prospects to consider playing basketball for the Bombers. I believe recruiting took a bit of a step back the last couple of years there; maybe this will inject some life into their recruiting efforts.

Offline Greek Tragedy

• All-American
  • I'm my dad's mini-me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: April 15, 2020, 01:23:57 pm »
Ithaca is definitely a beautiful campus and located with some great scenery.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 26, 2020, 03:03:29 pm »
Nice to see some more local talent commit to SLU.    https://www.nny360.com/sports/highschoolsports/high-school-basketball-macaulay-brothers-commit-to-st-lawrence-university/article_fb363596-002a-505f-bceb-c154db0769f1.html    I was hoping Downs would try to recruit them but I thought they might get some lower end D1 offers or get snagged by Coach Bechtel at Potsdam.   One hallmark of any good SLU team in the past has usually been a local face or two on the roster.  Bardeschewski in '98, Sharlow, Shaver and Augliano in '07, J. Sharlow, G. Sharlow and Parham in '09 and '10 etc.

There's a pretty big haul of fresh faces coming into Canton next year.  Now at least 4 newcomers next year by my count, not including the minimum of 2 that were part of this season's recruiting. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:20:44 pm by stlawus »

Offline stlawus

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: March 08, 2021, 09:10:30 pm »
Some Liberty League action tomorrow night with Clarkson making the trip to Burkman Gymnasium.   I've had my guesses as to how many players SLU would have for this year and I was largely right.  There are only 8 players on the roster.   Several players that did not get much playing time last year which is what I thought would be the case.  2 starters from last year, with Hicks being the most notable roster inclusion.   He did a post grad year though so I can see why he wouldn't want to take a whole year off.  With the amount of recruits coming in next year there is going to be a pretty big roster next season.

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: April 26, 2021, 08:26:54 pm »
Sean Burton resigns from IC effective immediately, per The Ithacan. That seems less than great.

Offline Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: April 26, 2021, 08:35:23 pm »
Sean Burton resigns from IC effective immediately, per The Ithacan. That seems less than great.

He never coached a game, right?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Offline Caz Bombers

• All-Region
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: April 26, 2021, 09:39:43 pm »

He never coached a game, right?

unblemished in any way 0-0 career record